Thread: USA can vote for the athlete(s) to carry the Flag in opening ceremony.

USA can vote for the athlete(s) to carry the Flag in opening ceremony.

http://www.nbcolympics.com/news/vote...-united-states

Davis and White are up for a nomination to carry the flag! (if they don't win I'm hoping for Kikkan!)

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    http://www.nbcolympics.com/news/vote...-united-states

Davis and White are up for a nomination to carry the flag! (if they don't win I'm hoping for Kikkan!)
    But I don't see any indication that the NBC "voting" results will carry any official weight as to who really becomes the flagbearer(s).

Don't the Team USA athletes historically themselves vote for who they want to lead them as flagbearer(s)?

My hunch is that the NBC thing is merely a "survey" -- fun, but utterly meaningless.

I believe you are correct..they vote amoung themselves....looks like this is just marketing....I am seeing a chevy ad....if you "Like" this or "Tweet" that, the more hits they get and the more they can charge Chevy....
    Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    But I don't see any indication that the NBC "voting" results will carry any official weight as to who really becomes the flagbearer(s).

Don't the Team USA athletes historically themselves vote for who they want to lead them as flagbearer(s)?

My hunch is that the NBC thing is merely a "survey" -- fun, but utterly meaningless.

Medalist
    As much as I would like to see a figure skater carry the flag, I feel as though the honor should go to Bode Miller. Interestingly enough, the last figure skater to carry the flag was Scott Hamilton in 1980 in Lake Placid. (according to Wikipedia).

Custom Title
    Uhh...how do two people carry one flag??