Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
March 3rd

"He that lives upon hope will die fasting".....Ben Franklin 42

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
March 4th

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there..." Will Rogers

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
March 6th

"Diplomacy is the art of saying "Nice doggie" until you can find a rock." Will Rogers

4dogknight

Final Flight
March 7, 2004

[size=large]Age is strictly a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.[/size]

Jack Benny

4dogknight

Final Flight
March 8th

They laughed at Einstein. They laughed at the Wright Brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown.
-- Carl Sagan

4dk

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
"Yes, I represent the mothers....So, I am crying for help, asking men to vote for what their forefathers fought for.
The loving moral influence of mothers must be put in the ballot box...Pray for me that I may finish my course with joy, the ministry which I have received of the Lord Jesus."
Carry A. Nation, Your Loving Home Defender"

She changed her name to "Carry" as in "Carry A. Nation to Prohibition." Her second husband was named David Nation. They moved to Medicine Lodge, then Kiowa and Wichita.
The old Eaton Hotel is on Douglas St. in Wichita where she whacked up the bar. It has been renovated several times. Several years ago, they made it into apartments with a ballroom, etc. and downstairs was to be shops. Haven't been there lately to see what's in there now. All the shops had to relocate during the renovation and I don't think a lot of them went back after they finished. It is now called Old Town. We had some jewelry on consignment there and it did fairly well. Especially the hand-
braided silver bracelets.

Sorry, I didn't mean to get into a history lesson. At least, I hope you found it interesting.:laugh:

skatepixie

On the Ice
"Winning isnt the most important thing, wanting to win is."~Vince Lombardi.

He is often misquoted as saying "Winning isnt the most important thing, its the only thing" but thats not that he said...

4dogknight

Final Flight
March 11th

"I tell people I'm too stupid to know what's impossible. I have ridiculously large dreams, and half the time they come true."
-- Debi Thomas

4dk

4dogknight

Final Flight
March 12

Truth is not introduced into the individual from without, but was within him all the time.
— Soren Kierkegaard

4dk

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
March 14th

"Things won are done, joy's soul lies in the doing".....Shakespear

Last edited:

CartDi

Rinkside
March 16th

"We mark some days as fair, some as foul, because we do not see that the character of every day is identical." -- Charles Frazier, Cold Mountain, p.25

Pookie

Final Flight
March 17th

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

4dogknight

Final Flight
March 18th

I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves. I don't care whether it's ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, or whose ox is being gored.
-- Betty White

4dk

4dogknight

Final Flight
March 19th

Books are the carriers of civilization. Without books, history is silent, literature dumb, science crippled, thought and speculation at a standstill."
-- Barbara Tuchman

4dk

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
March 20th

"Nothing you can't spell will ever work"....Will Rogers (This one is for you, GrGranny....:D ) 42