American Idol Mar. 2 | Golden Skate

American Idol Mar. 2

Lotta

On the Ice
For me it's all about

Jasmine and John!!!!!

I :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: them!!!!

I think this group was okay, a lot of good voices, but I loved Jasmine and John. They were really fantabulous. John's singing was a little slow, but that's just his Frank Sinatra ways. I think he shouldn't go pop, but stay with HIS style because it's HIS voice.

Now I think I'ma go back to voting for Jasmine and John again!!! :love:

mike79

On the Ice
My Rankings:

1. George-Not his best but still better than the rest tonight.
2. Jasmine-Good, lots of potential.
3. Suzy-Good but will get lost in the shuffle.
4. John Stevens-Bad song choice, great voice.
5. Heather-Pure cheese but mildly entertaining.
6. Tiara-Randy and Paula proved themselves to have no clue about music by saying she was good.
7. John P-Horrible
8. Lisa-And why did she make the top 32 again?

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Do you know who I thought was great? The gal who sang the Pepsi jingle during a commercial. Sign her up!

Seriously, was I the only one who like John P. from Utah? I would have placed him above Lisa, possible the worst performance of the 32 in the final group.......but we all know why she made the cut.......;) Anyway, my vote goes to Jasmine...lovely voice and the best of the bunch........what was up with the sound system tonight.......wow.....vibrato turned into "vibration".....

Anyway, sour grapes to the three "stooges" or should I say "nooges" tonight....sounds like they were just plain tired of the whole process.........42

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Wow... I'm so glad to read some John Stevens love... most of the boards say he sucks :(

however I voted for 2 hours straight for him... but I don't think he'll even make the top 3 :( America's younger generations have no taste in good music... they'll probably vote Heather and Lisa on :p

sk8ing_lady2001

Final Flight
Tonichelle said:
Wow... I'm so glad to read some John Stevens love... most of the boards say he sucks :(

however I voted for 2 hours straight for him... but I don't think he'll even make the top 3 :( America's younger generations have no taste in good music... they'll probably vote Heather and Lisa on :p

I picked Heather, and also like Jasmine. Hopefully, one or both will be in the Top 2 tonight. Heather, in my opinion, has wonderful personality. :D

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
she may have a great personality... but her singing isn't all that unique... and the song she picked for last night was just awful... it was a cheesy performance and shouldn't be rewarded....

John, however, put his style into a pop song... granted it was gutsy and could have been better... but no one really stood out IMHO (other than John LOL)

and what's with George Huff using a CLAY AUDITION SONG??? LOL

I don't dislike John Stevens....but I don't think American Idol is the right type of thing for him.
I thought Lisa was absolutely awful and had no right being there!
I thought Suzy was the best of the night.
I didn't enjoy John P. Was disappointed in George Huff, his auditions were better than last nights performance.
Jasmine wasn't too bad tho I thought she got off track towards the second half of her song. Heather looked silly to me, the way she was dancing and posing and her voice isn't top quality either. Tiara was so-so. (just my opinions)

CB1AB2

Medalist
I AGREE ABOUT JASMINE SHE WAS GOOD=I THINK SHE SHOULD GET THRU =

JOHN S.=HE WAS OK=BUT I THINK HE MIGHT BE IN THE SAME BOAT AS JOSH WAS ON LAST YEAR'S SHOW=JOSH ALWAY'S PUT COUNTRY INTO WHATEVER SONG HE SANG=WATCHING JOHN TRYING SOMETHING DIFFERENT LAST NIGHT-IT STILL SOUNDED like Frank S.==so I don't know if he will make it or not==

OVERALL I WASN'T IMPRESSED WITH THIS SHOW==I DON'T KNOW IF IT IS ME OR IF OTHER'S FEEL THE SAME BUT= I THINK THEY SENT A LOT OF GOOD TALENTED ONES HOME THAT SHOULD HAVE MADE IT TO THE TOP 32

CB

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
I voted for John and Jasmine last night. While not the best song choice, I thought John did a nice job. I don't remember Jasmine from the earlier shows, but I had almost the same reaction as LaToya last week. And was it me or did it seem like George Huff was yelling??? I did not like Heather - the first thing that came to my mind was 'that was the song that knocked Tamyra out of the competition'. And Lisa did not deserve to be there - I loved Simon's comment about her mouth!!! :laugh:

Herm (sk8ngnutt)

guinevere

Final Flight
I'm not feeling the Jasmine love. She does absolutely nothing for me - and I can't stand women singing generic runs that obliterate the actual melody of the song. Totally forgettable.

I'd have had John Stevens and George. John for his unique voice, and quite frankly to give him the experience that will help him become a better performer rather than because I think he's currently the best, and George because I think he has the best male voice in the whole competition.

Wild Card list: Glad to see George and Leah on it, Lisa definitely deserves it, and I'd like to see both Jon Peter and Eric Yoder take their experiences last week and come back really strong. Wish they were there: Briana, Charly, army girl

guinevere

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
OMG I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE THE OUTCOME!!!!!!!!!!

JOHN MADE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

that two hours of non-stop voting worked!

guinevere

Final Flight
Hey Toni,

I'm sorry tonight's results show was such a disappointment to ya - I hope you can find a reason to keep watching the rest of the season. ;)

Good job on the Redial last night ;)

guinevere

Toni, you're not excited and happy are you??? ;)

It will be interesting to see how John does with the different genre's of music they will be assigned over the next weeks.

I'm glad Jasmine made it thru, too, but I think she'll need to do some improving to continue on.

Very happy for Suzy and George that they will be in the Wild Card round.....and Leah also will be in that.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
NJSk8Fan said:
Toni, you're not excited and happy are you??? ;)

It will be interesting to see how John does with the different genre's of music they will be assigned over the next weeks.

I think he could take the same approach as Michael Buble's music... just take a song and sinatra-ize it... I don't find it to be a boring idea at all... Randy is just dumb about it LOL

Yazmeen

On the Ice
Help me out here, I haven't really watched AI before this season and I'm only catching it sporadically now. They get to choose what they sing in these early rounds, don't they? I didn't see Tuesday's show, but I loved John S from the first show. He should stick to more Sinatra/Connick/Buble type showcases for his marvelous voice. How does this work regarding what they sing, and thanks in advance.

Yaz

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I didn't see Tuesday's show, but I loved John S from the first show. He should stick to more Sinatra/Connick/Buble type showcases for his marvelous voice. How does this work regarding what they sing, and thanks in advance.

well the top 12 get to sing to themes... like "Country-Rock" or "Show Tunes" or "Movie Tunes" etc...

they choose their song and work with the two vocal coaches/arrangers and then they come up with a song that fits them... Josh Gracin last year gave a country feeling to everything he performed... so I don't see John having any problem doing a Michael Buble type song each week...

hope that helps... I'm horrible at explaining things

Yazmeen

On the Ice
Thanks, Toni, your reply was great and helpful. And I love your banner--Go, John!!!

The thing I loved most about John Stevens' performance is that he was confident enough in the power of his voice and heart that he didn't choose a "fireworks" song, that is, one with big long whopping notes, huge octave changes, or any of the usual we're used to seeing from AI contestants in what I call the "Listen to all the fabulous things I can do with my voice" category. He sang a gentle song where all the power is in the quiet conveyance of emotion and of a life well-lived.

I thought it was no contest, even accounting for different tastes, and I felt like America was just yearning for somebody who could sing with depth. It was as if he was telling you a story of something that really happened to him and that's TOUGH. I also liked the changes in the song when he sang it on Wednesday after being told he was in the top 12. It wasn't just a rubber stamp performance of what he'd done one Tuesday. Good sign of things to come--I hope!:)
Rgirl

merrywidow

Record Breaker
I think John Stevens IV is terrific. He stands apart from the rest & I believe he will do very well. Hopefully, he'll win. It will be interesting, tho, to see how well the 16-17 year old singers who have made it into the finals hold up to the rigors of being a finalist. Especially the lack of sleep that so many complained of last year. I think John will do well because he doesn't strain or force his voice & because he seems so very calm.:love: