Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Changes for Worlds: Cohen and others

Custom Title
    So.... you, me, MK, her coach, and about half the population of the world agree that MK should reintroduce the 3/3 into competition, but reports of consistant 3/3s from other gals are greatly exagerated IMHO.
    ITA. Can't wait for the worlds.

Joesitz, you mentioned in another thread that you'll be at worlds. Don't forget a detail review for us unfortunate buch at home.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    I'd love to see Michelle do her 3r/3r! I have never seen her do that! And World's is 6.0, not COP so 3 combos ARE allowed there.

As to Sasha, I'd like to just see her practice what she's doing.

I worry about Shizuka's coach changes, but think TAT is an interesting choice for her. I wonder whether Tatiana will change anything? Maybe work on facial expression?

And although Onda wil not be at World's (and I will miss her. I like her small stuffed toy look on the ice), I think her going to Callaghan is a good thing. Is she looking to get her 3A finally consistentso as to compete with those amazing Japanese youngsters? I can't picture going to Callaghan for artistic reasons!

I am really looking forward to see how Jenny does at World's. She has made so many positive changes, but I really fear that she will be chacked and we will not get to see her. Is this her first ever Sr. World's? I think it is, but correct me please if I'm wrong.

And I hope to see that Carolina continues ironing out the problems she had at the beginning of the year-she was so much better at Euros than she was at Skate America.

In fact, it seems like forever without any skating on TV.

dpp

Hi Doris. I think Jenny went to 2002 Worlds as an alternate after Sarah Hughes decided not to compete. IIRC Jenny was injured but tried to skate anyway, and withdrew after a disasterous short program. I think she has the stuff for a top ten finish this year.

I think Michelle did try a triple loop/triple loop combination once in competition, at Skate Canada 2001. IIRC she fell and finished third, the first time Sarah beat her.

Mathman
    Last edited by Mathman; 03-08-2004 at 01:25 PM.

Rinkside
    Originally posted by Mathman

I think Michelle did try a triple loop/triple loop combination once in competition, at Skate Canada 2001. IIRC she fell and finished third, the first time Sarah beat her.

Mathman
    Michelle tried the lutz/loop at Skate Canada and the 3t/3t--she fell on both and finished third

Custom Title
    Elena Sokolova's 3/3's are "not" practice triple/triples only. She landed 2 3/3's at Europeans, landed them in all rounds at last years Worlds and I think she landed one at Russian Nationals. Her 3/3's are the most consistent of any of the top ladies now and if someone looks up the record now I'd say she's getting near the top for most landed in competition. I hear she's working on one more 3/3 at this time too.

Custom Title
    Originally posted by DORISPULASKI
    I'd love to see Michelle do her 3r/3r! I have never seen her do that! And World's is 6.0, not COP so 3 combos ARE allowed there.

Michelle has landed the 3toe/3toe at Worlds qualifying round in 2002..and the 01 Worlds LP (as well as some others), but I havent seen her land any other 3/3 in competition.

the 3r/3r otherwise known at the3Loop/3Loop, is an extremely difficult combo. It needs a lot of speed otherwise it will look like Tara, struggling to get the 2nd loop in, and with no flow out of it. Even Plush when he ends his triple combo with a 3r, the jump doesn't flow out. Both Tara and Plush, from my point of view, do not have free flow when their combo jumps end in a 3r. Check your tapes. There is a decided pause after the final 3r. I'm not talking underrrotated. That is another topic.

Doris = I just can't see MK doing a combo jump which will kill her magnificent flow over the ice. If she's going to do the 3rx3r I hope the second one flows out so as not to disrupt the program. Is Artunian that good?

wvgals = Elena's 3x3s in DC Worlds were right on. Beautifully executed and as good as Sarah's in 02 Olys, but she needs so much more of presentation.

mzheng = I do have tics via Lufthansa to Munich and Dortmund. I'm hoping the hotel has a computer. All the competitions have top 3-5 skaters or teams. I'll certainly give quick results if not a detail routine. Will give misses and falls. This will be one heluva competition in all disciplines, and it's in middle Europe!

LBC - Sasha has, imo, the best LP routine and SP for these competitions (and I hate Swan Lake). I see the problem of her LP is that dumb footwork where she stops the flow of her skating, looks up at the audience and announces by body talk, now I'm going to do Morozov footwork. Not good, for me. If she changes at least the entry into that footwork to keep the flow of the routine, it will win her gold.

just my thought.

Joe

Custom Title
    Originally posted by Joesitz

mzheng = I do have tics via Lufthansa to Munich and Dortmund. I'm hoping the hotel has a computer. All the competitions have top 3-5 skaters or teams. I'll certainly give quick results if not a detail routine. Will give misses and falls. This will be one heluva competition in all disciplines, and it's in middle Europe!

Joe
    Joe, don't forget the practice report.

Keeper of Michelle's Nose berthes ghost's Avatar
    Elena Sokolova's 3/3's are "not" practice triple/triples only.
    ITA, but the fact that no one said that they were has me confused over your post.

mzheng - Much depends if I have access to a computer. BTW, I've watched practice sessions, and I do not find them consistent with the performances but yes, I'll do them too, if I get the computer.

Joe

Custom Title
    Lots of excitement for Worlds this year. I can't wait for it to happen. I just don't know what to expect.

Fossi - I see it like this:

Kwan will win but one mistake and she's out. Judges expect perfection from her. This is Cohen's best shot.

Plush should win but there is the knee problem. I'm looking for podium places for Klimkin and Weir.

Shen and Zhao - Like Kwan, they cannot make a mistake. (I'm looking for a surprise top ten for Orsher and Lucash, and Innoue and Baldwin.)

T&M, but D&S keep getting lcoser. (I'm looking for a surprise top ten for Gregory and Petukah.)

Your right it's exciting not just for gold but for good performances by all the skaters.

Joe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2