Changes for Worlds: Cohen and others | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Changes for Worlds: Cohen and others

ouridol

On the Ice
DORISPULASKI said:
I'd love to see Michelle do her 3r/3r! I have never seen her do that! And World's is 6.0, not COP so 3 combos ARE allowed there.

Michelle has landed the 3toe/3toe at Worlds qualifying round in 2002..and the 01 Worlds LP (as well as some others), but I havent seen her land any other 3/3 in competition.

the 3r/3r otherwise known at the3Loop/3Loop, is an extremely difficult combo. It needs a lot of speed otherwise it will look like Tara, struggling to get the 2nd loop in, and with no flow out of it. Even Plush when he ends his triple combo with a 3r, the jump doesn't flow out. Both Tara and Plush, from my point of view, do not have free flow when their combo jumps end in a 3r. Check your tapes. There is a decided pause after the final 3r. I'm not talking underrrotated. That is another topic.

Doris = I just can't see MK doing a combo jump which will kill her magnificent flow over the ice. If she's going to do the 3rx3r I hope the second one flows out so as not to disrupt the program. Is Artunian that good?

wvgals = Elena's 3x3s in DC Worlds were right on. Beautifully executed and as good as Sarah's in 02 Olys, but she needs so much more of presentation.

mzheng = I do have tics via Lufthansa to Munich and Dortmund. I'm hoping the hotel has a computer. All the competitions have top 3-5 skaters or teams. I'll certainly give quick results if not a detail routine. Will give misses and falls. This will be one heluva competition in all disciplines, and it's in middle Europe!

LBC - Sasha has, imo, the best LP routine and SP for these competitions (and I hate Swan Lake). I see the problem of her LP is that dumb footwork where she stops the flow of her skating, looks up at the audience and announces by body talk, now I'm going to do Morozov footwork. Not good, for me. If she changes at least the entry into that footwork to keep the flow of the routine, it will win her gold.

just my thought.

Joe

mzheng

Record Breaker
Joesitz said:

mzheng = I do have tics via Lufthansa to Munich and Dortmund. I'm hoping the hotel has a computer. All the competitions have top 3-5 skaters or teams. I'll certainly give quick results if not a detail routine. Will give misses and falls. This will be one heluva competition in all disciplines, and it's in middle Europe!

Joe

Joe, don't forget the practice report.
:p

mzheng - Much depends if I have access to a computer. BTW, I've watched practice sessions, and I do not find them consistent with the performances but yes, I'll do them too, if I get the computer.

Joe

Fossi

Final Flight
Lots of excitement for Worlds this year. I can't wait for it to happen. I just don't know what to expect.:eek:

Fossi - I see it like this:

Kwan will win but one mistake and she's out. Judges expect perfection from her. This is Cohen's best shot.

Plush should win but there is the knee problem. I'm looking for podium places for Klimkin and Weir.

Shen and Zhao - Like Kwan, they cannot make a mistake. (I'm looking for a surprise top ten for Orsher and Lucash, and Innoue and Baldwin.)

T&M, but D&S keep getting lcoser. (I'm looking for a surprise top ten for Gregory and Petukah.)

Your right it's exciting not just for gold but for good performances by all the skaters.

Joe