Schedule & TV Streams Winter Olympics

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Here is the link for the figure skating schedule that is on the BBC website:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/winter-olympics/2014/schedule/sports/figure-skating

You have to go through each day individually, so I have put it all together into a list like I usually do for Eurosport's coverage of the other Championships.

Unfortunately, the BBC’s listings do not tell you which channel or livestream each event will be shown on. :rolleye: The only TV listings the BBC have on the website are for their normal terrestrial channels, and they only go up to next Friday.

When the details of the livestreams become available, I will paste them into the list below.

I am hoping that some, if not all, of the BBC livestreams will appear on the Freeview and Sky EPG's at the start of next week, as then we might have proper listings so that we can plan things out and set timers.

But, as soon as I find anything out, I will post it in this thread.

CaroLiza_fan

BBCi1 is available via:

Digital terrestrial (UK only): Ch. 301 on Freeview
Digital cable (UK only): Ch. 991 on Virgin Media
Digital satellite (Europe): Ch. 977 on SkyDigital
Astra 28.2E, Transponder 45 (10.773H. MBaud 22,000. FEC 5/6).
NOTE: The channel you want for the skating is labelled “BBC RB 1

BBCi2 is available via:

Digital terrestrial (UK only): Ch. 302 on Freeview
Digital cable (UK only): Ch. 992 on Virgin Media
Digital satellite (Europe): Ch. 978 on SkyDigital
Astra 28.2E, Transponder 76 (12.551V. MBaud 22,000. FEC 5/6).
NOTE: The channel you want for the skating is labelled “BBC RB 2”​

BBC1 is available via:

Digital terrestrial (UK only): Ch. 1 on Freeview
Digital cable (UK only): Ch. 101 on Virgin Media
Digital satellite (Europe):
BBC1 England (Ch. 954 on SkyDigital) – Astra 28.2E, Transponder 45 (10.773H. MBaud 22,000. FEC 5/6).
BBC1 Scotland (Ch. 951 on SkyDigital) – Astra 28.2E, Transponder 47 (10.803H. MBaud 22,000. FEC 5/6).
BBC1 Wales (Ch. 952 on SkyDigital) – Astra 28.2E, Transponder 46 (10.788V. MBaud 22,000. FEC 5/6).
BBC1 Northern Ireland (Ch. 953 on SkyDigital) – Astra 28.2E, Transponder 48 (10.818V. MBaud 22,000. FEC 5/6).

BBC2 is available via:

Digital terrestrial (UK only): Ch. 2 on Freeview
Digital cable (UK only): Ch. 102 on Virgin Media
Digital satellite (Europe):
BBC2 England (Ch. 969 on SkyDigital) – Astra 28.2E, Transponder 45 (10.773H. MBaud 22,000. FEC 5/6).
BBC2 Scotland (Ch. 970 on SkyDigital) – Astra 28.2E, Transponder 47 (10.803H. MBaud 22,000. FEC 5/6).
BBC2 Wales (Ch. 971 on SkyDigital) – Astra 28.2E, Transponder 46 (10.788V. MBaud 22,000. FEC 5/6).
BBC2 Northern Ireland (Ch. 972 on SkyDigital) – Astra 28.2E, Transponder 48 (10.818V. MBaud 22,000. FEC 5/6).​

BBC (All times GMT)

Thursday 6th February 2014
15:30 – 16:50 Team Men Short Program
17:10 – 18:52 Team Pairs Short Program

Friday 7th February 2014
BBC2 15:30 – 19:30 Opening Ceremony
BBC2 21:00 – 22:00 Torvill & Dean: The Perfect Day
BBC2 NI 23:05 – 00:05 Torvill & Dean: The Perfect Day [We have Rugby on at 21:00]

Saturday 8th February 2014
14:30 – 15:49 Team Ice Dance Short Dance
16:10 – 17:30 Team Ladies Short Program
18:05 - 19:01 Team Pairs Free Skating

Sunday 9th February 2014
15:00 – 15:49 Team Men Free Skating
16:05 – 16:51 Team Ladies Free Skating
17:10 – 17:55 Team Ice Dance Free Dance

Tuesday 11th February 2014
15:00 – 18:20 Pairs Short Program

Wednesday 12th February 2014
15:45 – 18:44 Pairs Free Skating

Thursday 13th February 2014
15:00 – 19:27 Men Short Program

Friday 14th February 2014
15:00 – 19:07 Men Free Skating

Sunday 16th February 2014
15:00 – 18:42 Ice Dance Short Dance

Monday 17th February 2014
15:00 – 18:19 Ice Dance Free Dance

Wednesday 19th February 2014
15:00 – 19:27 Ladies Short Program

Thursday 20th February 2014
15:00 – 18:55 Ladies Free Skating

Sunday 23rd February 2014
BBC2 16:00 – 19:00 Opening Ceremony

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Am pretty annoyed to see that neither the (Dutch) NOS or the BBC bother with the team figure skating next Thursday. At least I cannot find anything about it in the TV guides listings. I had assumed that since there are only a few sports on that day, they would air it live. No such luck.
I hope the livestreams are running on Thursday already!

MidnightSkater

On the Ice
The BBC plan to only show 2 extra channels in SD but 6 in HD.
I can't afford HD yet so I'm losing hope of watching all the skating.

taka

Rinkside
My TV EPG is listing the skating team events on the Thursday on BBC red button (channel 301) from 15.30 - 18.55 and 18.55 - 22.00 so we may have a chance to see some (all?) of Thursday's skating! Not managed to find an online schedule for what is being shown on red button at other times though.

If you put figure skating into the BBC website and choose TV & Radio Programmes (under categories on the LHS) you can see when there might be skating shown on BBC 2 (and hence iplayer). It is only showing listings for 8th and 9th of Feb so far and only seems to show BBC 2 stuff (not all live) and not anything on red button.

I wish the BBC website was clearer about what is being shown when. :eek:hwell:

Angela V

Rinkside

emma

Record Breaker
I'm hoping to watch the events live on NBC Sports Channel, but have a somewhat silly question - does anyone know the approximate times for event completion - meaning about how long the SPs and LP (or SD and FDs) are - like 2 hours, 3, 4 - just trying to figure out if I will have to sign up for online and sneak some at work time to view the comps live. Thanks.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I'm hoping to watch the events live on NBC Sports Channel, but have a somewhat silly question - does anyone know the approximate times for event completion - meaning about how long the SPs and LP (or SD and FDs) are - like 2 hours, 3, 4 - just trying to figure out if I will have to sign up for online and sneak some at work time to view the comps live. Thanks.

I hope the posts below from the OG figure skating schedule thread will help. You will have to convert the Sochi local times to your time zone.

... when I last checked the link above (ETA: http://www.sochi2014.com/en/games/sport/olympic-games/schedule/) at the beginning of December, it was (in local time) as follows. ...

Thu Feb 6, 19:30-22:55
Team: Men's SP, Pair SP​

Sat Feb 8, 18:30-23:05
Team: SD, Ladies SP, Pairs FS​

Sun Feb 9, 19:00-22:10
Team: Men's FS, Ladies FS, FD​

Tue Feb 11, 19:00-22:25
Pairs SP​

Wed Feb 12, 19:45-23:00
Pairs FS​

Thu Feb 13, 19:00-23:30
Men's SP​

Fri Feb 14, 19:00-23:25
Men's FS​

Sun Feb 16, 19:00-22:45
SD​

Mon Feb 17, 19:00-22:35
FD​

Wed Feb 19, 19:00-23:30
Ladies SP​

Thu Feb 20, 19:00-23:10
Ladies FS​

Sat Feb 22, 20:30-23:00
Gala exhibition​

The color-coded Sochi figure skating schedule, including practices:

What is at the link above is current as of Dec 27 -- but I don't recall seeing it posted earlier on GS.

The three-page schedule runs from Jan 30 to Feb 22.

ETA:

The detailed schedule for team skating (in local time)

6 February
  • 19:30 Team Men Short Program
  • 21:10 Team Pairs Short Program
8 February
  • 18:30 Team Ice Dance Short Dance
  • 20:10 Team Ladies Short Program
  • 22:05 Team Pairs Free Skating
9 February
  • 19:00 Team Men Free Skating
  • 20:05 Team Ladies Free Skating
  • 21:10 Team Ice Dance Free Dance

For the individual disciplines, the start times in the post above remain in effect.

Official schedule and results page:

katia

On the Ice
I was just there to write down times. I no longer get TSN so this is going to be a pain in the butt for me. I will have to catch the Olympic Daytime slots for most of the FS.

Do you know if CBC will stream Olympics on the internet or does it only on shows it on TV?

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Here is the link for the figure skating schedule that is on the BBC website:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/winter-olympics/2014/schedule/sports/figure-skating

You have to go through each day individually, so I have put it all together into a list like I usually do for Eurosport's coverage of the other Championships.

Unfortunately, the BBC’s listings do not tell you which channel or livestream each event will be shown on. :rolleye: The only TV listings the BBC have on the website are for their normal terrestrial channels, and they only go up to next Friday.

When the details of the livestreams become available, I will paste them into the list below.

My TV EPG is listing the skating team events on the Thursday on BBC red button (channel 301) from 15.30 - 18.55 and 18.55 - 22.00 so we may have a chance to see some (all?) of Thursday's skating! Not managed to find an online schedule for what is being shown on red button at other times though.

If you put figure skating into the BBC website and choose TV & Radio Programmes (under categories on the LHS) you can see when there might be skating shown on BBC 2 (and hence iplayer). It is only showing listings for 8th and 9th of Feb so far and only seems to show BBC 2 stuff (not all live) and not anything on red button.

I wish the BBC website was clearer about what is being shown when. :eek:hwell:

The EPG on my Freeview box only does 7 days, so I waited until today to check it. And, I just had a look through, and the listings and their descriptions do not make sense at all.

Here are the figure skating listings for BBCi1 (Channel 301 on Freeview)

BBCi1 15:30 – 18:55 Team Competitions
BBCi1 18:55 – 22:00 Team Competitions

BBCi1 15:30 – 18:00 Men's, Ladies and Ice Dance Free Programmes

I assume that the listings for Thursday mean they are going to show the Men's and Pairs SP's Live, and then repeat them at 18:55.

However, I cannot work out what they are showing on Saturday. For a start, the description is completely wrong. The Free Programmes for these categories are not until Sunday! It is the Short Dance, the Ladies SP and the Pairs FS that are being held on Saturday.

But, are they going to have LIVE coverage starting in the middle of the Short Dance, and then show all the Ladies SP LIVE, but not show the Pairs FS at all?

Are they going to use the 2.5 hour broadcast window to just show highlights of the Short Dance and the Ladies SP?

From past experience of the BBCi channels, anything could be the case, and you have no way of finding out until it is on!

Also, there is no mention in the Freeview listings of any figure skating between Saturday and Wednesday! Like, these are the days when the Team competitions are finishing, and the Individual competitions are starting.

So, I don't know. The best bet might be to just keep an eye on the BBC's online livestreams whenever you know there is supposed to be figure skating on, as the TV listings seem to be totally unreliable.

COME BACK EUROSPORT, ALL IS FORGIVEN!!!

A very frustrated CaroLiza_fan

bibi

On the Ice
I read that CBC would have twelve streams going at some points.

Good news! Do you have the link of the stream? I'm not going to be home during the day, but I'm hoping to catch some of the events on my computer. Thanks for the help :)

Rikku

Just enjoying the skating
Final Flight
In Germany, the two big public stations, ARD and ZDF take turns broadcasting the Olympics, one channel doing day 1, the other one day 2 and so on. So I'm guessing whoever does the tv broadcast on a day also does livestreams (although it could be both of them streaming at the same time, who knows). Tomorrow, feb 6, it's ZDF's turn and they seem to do a livestream for the team comp, 4:30 pm local German time to 8pm. I have no idea whether it's geoblocked or not, but here is linkage anyway:

Schedule of livestreams
(In German)

Where to watch if it's on

Nothing for saturday so far, but I haven't found any kind of schedule at the sportschau page yet, so I don't know if the one above is for both channels, or if there's still hope.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
In Germany, the two big public stations, ARD and ZDF take turns broadcasting the Olympics, one channel doing day 1, the other one day 2 and so on. So I'm guessing whoever does the tv broadcast on a day also does livestreams (although it could be both of them streaming at the same time, who knows). Tomorrow, feb 6, it's ZDF's turn and they seem to do a livestream for the team comp, 4:30 pm local German time to 8pm. I have no idea whether it's geoblocked or not, but here is linkage anyway:

Schedule of livestreams
(In German)

Where to watch if it's on

Nothing for saturday so far, but I haven't found any kind of schedule at the sportschau page yet, so I don't know if the one above is for both channels, or if there's still hope.

THANK YOU SO MUCH RIKKU!!!! :biggrin:

I can get ARD and ZDF on satellite at Astra 19.2E. So if the BBC makes a hash of the coverage, I'll be able to go into the kitchen and watch the German coverage!!! :biggrin:

I'll re-scan the box tomorrow morning to see if there are any extra channels that might be showing Olympic coverage.

By the way, neither of those links is loading for me.

Vielen Dank

CaroLiza_fan

MidnightSkater

On the Ice
The EPG on my Freeview box only does 7 days, so I waited until today to check it. And, I just had a look through, and the listings and their descriptions do not make sense at all.

Here are the figure skating listings for BBCi1 (Channel 301 on Freeview)

BBCi1 15:30 – 18:55 Team Competitions
BBCi1 18:55 – 22:00 Team Competitions

BBCi1 15:30 – 18:00 Men's, Ladies and Ice Dance Free Programmes

I assume that the listings for Thursday mean they are going to show the Men's and Pairs SP's Live, and then repeat them at 18:55.

However, I cannot work out what they are showing on Saturday. For a start, the description is completely wrong. The Free Programmes for these categories are not until Sunday! It is the Short Dance, the Ladies SP and the Pairs FS that are being held on Saturday.

But, are they going to have LIVE coverage starting in the middle of the Short Dance, and then show all the Ladies SP LIVE, but not show the Pairs FS at all?

Are they going to use the 2.5 hour broadcast window to just show highlights of the Short Dance and the Ladies SP?

From past experience of the BBCi channels, anything could be the case, and you have no way of finding out until it is on!

Also, there is no mention in the Freeview listings of any figure skating between Saturday and Wednesday! Like, these are the days when the Team competitions are finishing, and the Individual competitions are starting.

So, I don't know. The best bet might be to just keep an eye on the BBC's online livestreams whenever you know there is supposed to be figure skating on, as the TV listings seem to be totally unreliable.

COME BACK EUROSPORT, ALL IS FORGIVEN!!!

A very frustrated CaroLiza_fan

I know !. I noticed this too, plus it's split with the Rugby.
I NEVER thought I would say this but I'm beginning to miss Eurosport too.
The best thing we UK skating fan's can do is post on this thread when something comes up.
If I hear or see anything tomorrow for the first set of skating I will let you know.
Thank you so much for the update CaroLiza_fan.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Figure skating won't get complete coverage on the Dutch NOS NED 1 channel (which is the dedicated Olympics channel and has a near 24/7 OS schedule), simply because hardly anybody here cares (we have no figure skaters at the Olympics).

But access to BBC 1, BBC 2, ARD and ZDF are standard here, and between those channels and the NOS, all in HD, I am pretty sure most of the figure skating will be live on television, and certainly the last two or three groups of every event. For the rest, I bought an apple tv so I can stream the HD streams off the website to the television. ;-)

I am pretty positive that the streams will cover all figure skating from start to finish. For those who can get around the geo-blocks, there should be a multitude of figure skating streams in different languages to choose from!

Rikku

Just enjoying the skating
Final Flight
THANK YOU SO MUCH RIKKU!!!! :biggrin:

I can get ARD and ZDF on satellite at Astra 19.2E. So if the BBC makes a hash of the coverage, I'll be able to go into the kitchen and watch the German coverage!!! :biggrin:

I'll re-scan the box tomorrow morning to see if there are any extra channels that might be showing Olympic coverage.

By the way, neither of those links is loading for me.

Vielen Dank

CaroLiza_fan

You're very welcome :)

No idea what and how much of it they'll show on actual tv and not only stream, but on the days the channels are broadcasting, their daytime program is pretty much olympics and nothing else save for (non sports-) news, so there's always hope.

Sorry the links aren't working for you.
Unfortunately, my computer knowledge pretty much fits in a thimble with room to spare.
You could try the long route: www.zdf.de -> ZDFmediathek -> Olympia2014 -> Olympiaprogramm, maybe it'll work like that.
Or maybe them not working is a sign of geoblocking, I have no idea whatsoever about these things, sorry.