Schedule & TV Streams Winter Olympics | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Schedule & TV Streams Winter Olympics

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
So on Sky I can only access the Winter Olympic coverage on BBC, then by pressing the Red Button & getting two extra BBCi Channels ?.
That's a shame as two years ago the BBC gave us extra channels by numbers too, so we did not have to go through the Red Button when watching London 2012.
I think they were after the Eurosport channels on Sky.
I wonder how much of the figure skating will be shown on those two extra channels ?.

After Saturday, if the Freeview EPG listings are reliable, there's going to be very little Figure Skating on the TV, I'm afraid.

So, we're going to be relying on the internet streams.

Yeah, it was great when we had all the extra feeds WITH EPG NUMBERS on Sky for the Summer Games. They were on Channel 450 onwards.

But, the BBC aren't getting enough money out of us through the Licence Fee, and so can't afford to pay for these extra feeds to be carried on satellite. :sarcasm:

Really wish the EBU still had the rights, as it would be better coverage for all the viewers if Eurosport and ALL the Public Service Broadcasters in Europe (not just the ones that can afford to pay for it) had access to the Olympics.

I'm wording it like that because the EBU member for Ireland, RTÉ, are not showing these Olympics at all. Sure, the people "Down South" can watch BBC NI, but I'm not sure that they can get the BBCi channels (which is what today's skating is on) or the BBC's internet streams.

Let's hope that the contract with the rights management company gets cancelled, and the contract is given back to the EBU before Pyeongchang...

Unfortunately, I doubt that will happen. :frown:

CaroLiza_fan

Dutchie

Rinkside
I'm having problems getting anything! Winnie can you help? I can't seem to find any stream that I can access from the Netherlands :( I've already missed the men's and I don't want to miss the pairs :( BBC doesn't seem to work for me. Does anybody know how to get around a geoblock?? Help!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
This is probably a really stupid question, but NBC is going to post the videos online for the events after they're done, right? I mean, they won't just be streaming live?

IIRC (and as referenced elsewhere on GS), NBCOlympics.com will provide a second daily feed of what they previously had streamed live.
I think I recall that the second feed begins at 3 pm ET, but don't quote me. (Sorry, I don't remember where I saw that time.)

As for NBC videos online, I don't know whether they will be available only to authenticated subscribers.

NBCOlympics.com and the NBC Sports Live Extra app are the exclusive places to consume Olympic live streaming. The site will also feature exclusive content, real-time results, medal standings, event highlights and analysis, athlete interviews and profiles, and rewinds of all event coverage.

ETA, I re-discovered the source for what I said above.

Gary Zenkel: The answer is that we will restart all of those live feeds to the extent that you didn’t have the opportunity to view a life feed of a sport that may have happened very early in the U.S. day. We would start those at 3:00 p.m. each day, so giving people a second opportunity to watch those feeds no longer live, but offered them the same format.

And then after it runs in prime time, then it’s available on demand?

Gary Zenkel: Correct. It’ll be sliced up into highlight form and on demand and so.

http://nbcsportsgrouppressbox.com/2014/01/23/2014-olympic-winter-games-conference-call-transcript/ [I'm assuming the reference to 3:00 pm means ET]​

Mistral

Spectator
Thanks, guys! I have to say, I think the NBC Olympics site is really poorly designed.

ivy

On the Ice
Yeah - Just downloaded the NBCSN app - it says 'Watch every event during the 2014 Winter Olympics LIVE for FREE'. Great for me :) But no!! It's only FREE if you have a PAID cable subscription (which I don't) and I have no broadcast reception (the wonders of digital TV). So no Olympics for me

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Yeah - Just downloaded the NBCSN app - it says 'Watch every event during the 2014 Winter Olympics LIVE for FREE'. Great for me :) But no!! It's only FREE if you have a PAID cable subscription (which I don't) and I have no broadcast reception (the wonders of digital TV). So no Olympics for me

They mention the cable thing further down the page which is annoying because it's there but not in your face "MUST HAVE PAID CABLE")

MidnightSkater

On the Ice
There is something SERIOUSLY wrong with the IOC if so many people in Europe cannot watch the biggest sporting event in the World.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Well the problem with my laptop being new since London is that my old workaround for things won't work anymore because it's not compatible with Windows 8 yet. Grrr.

No livestreaming Opening Ceremony I guess.

MidnightSkater

On the Ice
I just checked the updated BBC Red Button listings.
It looks like everything will be shown in the next week apart from the pairs short program.

text_skate

🇺🇦
Medalist
Country
European-Union
Sorry if it is - the German commentator is a catastrophy, if it's any consolation ;)

Do you know who they are? I watched the videos today. On ARD no Daniel Weiss, and on ZDF no Rudi Cerne. Hopefully this will change soon.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I just checked the updated BBC Red Button listings.
It looks like everything will be shown in the next week apart from the pairs short program.

That's great to hear. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

If anybody wants to watch the Opening Ceremony, the coverage has just started on BBC2 (with commentary) and BBCi1 (no commentary).

For details of how to receive these channels, see the first post in this thread.

Alternatively, you can watch on the livestream.

Official BBC Livestreaming Channel

Claire Balding is presenting, and comentating will be Hazel Irvine and our own Robin Cousins.

They are currently doing introductions, interviews and pre-recorded reports. I assume the ceremony itself will start on the hour.

CaroLiza_fan

sparkling_ladybug

Spectator
Hi, longtime lurker here. :) Just wanted to post the channels that are airing the Opening Ceremonies for Latin America:

ESPN

Fox Sports 1

Fox Sports 2

Claro Sports

All channels are airing the Opening Ceremonies live, with Claro Sports streaming it on their YouTube channel (their coverage has just started) and I believe Fox Sports is also going to be livestreaming it on their website. ESPN Play for Latin America will also be streaming it. Don't know if the coverage will be geoblocked for those outside of Latin America.

p.s. Claro Sports is interviewing Michelle Kwan right now :)

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
I got CBC's stream to work.

Still annoyed at NBC for not streaming the opening ceremony.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I'm channel zapping between the Dutch, British, and German public channels, which will all air the ceremony (right now the Dutch channel is just boring blabla, though, so German it is!).