Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 136

Thread: Schedule & TV Streams Winter Olympics

  1. #16
    group hug time Rikku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    382
    In Germany, the two big public stations, ARD and ZDF take turns broadcasting the Olympics, one channel doing day 1, the other one day 2 and so on. So I'm guessing whoever does the tv broadcast on a day also does livestreams (although it could be both of them streaming at the same time, who knows). Tomorrow, feb 6, it's ZDF's turn and they seem to do a livestream for the team comp, 4:30 pm local German time to 8pm. I have no idea whether it's geoblocked or not, but here is linkage anyway:

    Schedule of livestreams
    (In German)

    Where to watch if it's on

    Nothing for saturday so far, but I haven't found any kind of schedule at the sportschau page yet, so I don't know if the one above is for both channels, or if there's still hope.

  2. #17
    EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA CaroLiza_fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Co. Tyrone, Northern Ireland
    Posts
    1,347
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikku View Post
    In Germany, the two big public stations, ARD and ZDF take turns broadcasting the Olympics, one channel doing day 1, the other one day 2 and so on. So I'm guessing whoever does the tv broadcast on a day also does livestreams (although it could be both of them streaming at the same time, who knows). Tomorrow, feb 6, it's ZDF's turn and they seem to do a livestream for the team comp, 4:30 pm local German time to 8pm. I have no idea whether it's geoblocked or not, but here is linkage anyway:

    Schedule of livestreams
    (In German)

    Where to watch if it's on

    Nothing for saturday so far, but I haven't found any kind of schedule at the sportschau page yet, so I don't know if the one above is for both channels, or if there's still hope.
    THANK YOU SO MUCH RIKKU!!!!

    I can get ARD and ZDF on satellite at Astra 19.2E. So if the BBC makes a hash of the coverage, I'll be able to go into the kitchen and watch the German coverage!!!

    I'll re-scan the box tomorrow morning to see if there are any extra channels that might be showing Olympic coverage.

    By the way, neither of those links is loading for me.

    Vielen Dank

    CaroLiza_fan

  3. #18
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    211
    Quote Originally Posted by CaroLiza_fan View Post
    The EPG on my Freeview box only does 7 days, so I waited until today to check it. And, I just had a look through, and the listings and their descriptions do not make sense at all.

    Here are the figure skating listings for BBCi1 (Channel 301 on Freeview)

    Thursday 6th February 2014
    BBCi1 15:30 – 18:55 Team Competitions
    BBCi1 18:55 – 22:00 Team Competitions

    Saturday 8th February 2014
    BBCi1 15:30 – 18:00 Men's, Ladies and Ice Dance Free Programmes


    I assume that the listings for Thursday mean they are going to show the Men's and Pairs SP's Live, and then repeat them at 18:55.

    However, I cannot work out what they are showing on Saturday. For a start, the description is completely wrong. The Free Programmes for these categories are not until Sunday! It is the Short Dance, the Ladies SP and the Pairs FS that are being held on Saturday.

    But, are they going to have LIVE coverage starting in the middle of the Short Dance, and then show all the Ladies SP LIVE, but not show the Pairs FS at all?

    Are they going to use the 2.5 hour broadcast window to just show highlights of the Short Dance and the Ladies SP?

    From past experience of the BBCi channels, anything could be the case, and you have no way of finding out until it is on!

    Also, there is no mention in the Freeview listings of any figure skating between Saturday and Wednesday! Like, these are the days when the Team competitions are finishing, and the Individual competitions are starting.

    So, I don't know. The best bet might be to just keep an eye on the BBC's online livestreams whenever you know there is supposed to be figure skating on, as the TV listings seem to be totally unreliable.

    COME BACK EUROSPORT, ALL IS FORGIVEN!!!

    A very frustrated CaroLiza_fan
    I know !. I noticed this too, plus it's split with the Rugby.
    I NEVER thought I would say this but I'm beginning to miss Eurosport too.
    The best thing we UK skating fan's can do is post on this thread when something comes up.
    If I hear or see anything tomorrow for the first set of skating I will let you know.
    Thank you so much for the update CaroLiza_fan.

  4. #19
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    138
    Figure skating won't get complete coverage on the Dutch NOS NED 1 channel (which is the dedicated Olympics channel and has a near 24/7 OS schedule), simply because hardly anybody here cares (we have no figure skaters at the Olympics).

    But access to BBC 1, BBC 2, ARD and ZDF are standard here, and between those channels and the NOS, all in HD, I am pretty sure most of the figure skating will be live on television, and certainly the last two or three groups of every event. For the rest, I bought an apple tv so I can stream the HD streams off the website to the television. ;-)

    I am pretty positive that the streams will cover all figure skating from start to finish. For those who can get around the geo-blocks, there should be a multitude of figure skating streams in different languages to choose from!

  5. #20
    group hug time Rikku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    382
    Quote Originally Posted by CaroLiza_fan View Post
    THANK YOU SO MUCH RIKKU!!!!

    I can get ARD and ZDF on satellite at Astra 19.2E. So if the BBC makes a hash of the coverage, I'll be able to go into the kitchen and watch the German coverage!!!

    I'll re-scan the box tomorrow morning to see if there are any extra channels that might be showing Olympic coverage.

    By the way, neither of those links is loading for me.

    Vielen Dank

    CaroLiza_fan
    You're very welcome

    No idea what and how much of it they'll show on actual tv and not only stream, but on the days the channels are broadcasting, their daytime program is pretty much olympics and nothing else save for (non sports-) news, so there's always hope.


    Sorry the links aren't working for you.
    Unfortunately, my computer knowledge pretty much fits in a thimble with room to spare.
    You could try the long route: www.zdf.de -> ZDFmediathek -> Olympia2014 -> Olympiaprogramm, maybe it'll work like that.
    Or maybe them not working is a sign of geoblocking, I have no idea whatsoever about these things, sorry.

  6. #21
    Custom Title Antilopa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    211
    http://sochi2014.vesti.ru/live/play/live_id/240
    Team Event (with Russian geoblock)
    other countries http://www.sochi2014.com/tv-gid

  7. #22
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    17
    In addition to what Rikku said, German public broadcasters ARD/ZDF *will* broadcast everything figure skating-esque, but mostly only on their live streams on the net. Not much will actually reach the televised editions on ARD/ZDF which are free-to-air on satellite in Europe. The whole men's/pair team SP will be broadcast on ZDF's livestream, but we don't know yet if they will be geoblocked or not. Usually, they don't bother with geoblocks.....but we'll see.

  8. #23
    Columnist
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    360
    Quote Originally Posted by CaroLiza_fan View Post
    THANK YOU SO MUCH RIKKU!!!!

    I can get ARD and ZDF on satellite at Astra 19.2E. So if the BBC makes a hash of the coverage, I'll be able to go into the kitchen and watch the German coverage!!!

    I'll re-scan the box tomorrow morning to see if there are any extra channels that might be showing Olympic coverage.

    By the way, neither of those links is loading for me.

    Vielen Dank

    CaroLiza_fan
    A few infos on the German coverage.

    If you can only get ARD and ZDF then don't bother, its not worth it. They do not broadcast live and only show the winning performances. However, if you have internet then you can watch ARD and ZDF extra channels, but they will be geo blocked so you must unblock them first.

  9. #24
    EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA CaroLiza_fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Co. Tyrone, Northern Ireland
    Posts
    1,347
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex D View Post
    A few infos on the German coverage.

    If you can only get ARD and ZDF then don't bother, its not worth it. They do not broadcast live and only show the winning performances. However, if you have internet then you can watch ARD and ZDF extra channels, but they will be geo blocked so you must unblock them first.
    Ah, right. I'll stick to the BBC livestreams, then.

    Thanks to you and everybody else who replied for the info.


    Here is the link for the Official BBC Livestreaming Channel for today's figure skating competitions

    Official BBC Livestream Channel

    As yet, I don't know if the link will be the same for the rest of the Figure Skating competitions. But, we'll find out on Saturday!

    As I said earlier in this thread, today's figure skating will also be shown on BBCi1.

    BBCi1 is available via:

    Digital terrestrial (UK only): Ch. 301 on Freeview
    Digital cable (UK only): pressing the red button on a BBC channel? (I don’t have cable, so I’m not sure)
    Digital satellite (Europe):
    Astra 28.2E, Transponder 45 (10.773H. MBaud 22,000. FEC 5/6).
    NOTE: The channel you want for the skating is labelled “6390

    Hope this helps

    CaroLiza_fan

  10. #25
    EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA CaroLiza_fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Co. Tyrone, Northern Ireland
    Posts
    1,347
    Just wanted to let you know that I have just re-scanned my Free-To-Air satellite receiver, and have added the details on how to receive BBCi1 to my post above.

    For details on how to receive the other BBC channels, see my first post in this thread.

    Hope this helps

    CaroLiza_fan

  11. #26
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    10
    Further to CaroLiza_fan's post above.
    Upon rescanning my PVR and set top box last night (both Freeview) I gained a 2nd BBC Red button channel: Channel 302. This also appears to be showing various Winter Olympics events though I've not spotted any Figure skating listed on 302 yet.

    Other ways of accessing coverage:
    BBC sports app for tablets / mobiles /connected TVs
    BBC's Connected Red Button service on Virgin Media TiVo and Sony Freeview Smart TVs

    I can access BBC sports app via my PVR at home so I'll see what is available and report back this evening. Yesterday it was just lots of short videos of various sports.

  12. #27
    Custom Title Sasha'sSpins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    749
    I'm geoblocked from the Russian stream but the BBC livestream works perfectly so far - with Expat Shield. Watching some snowboarding highlights. 'Coming UP: Figure Skating'

  13. #28
    Columnist
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    360
    Just spoke to someone from German TV, she said there will be all live broadcasts available for Video on Demand. So if you miss something you can get the video there. But its Geo blocked so you must use a VPN.

  14. #29
    EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA CaroLiza_fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Co. Tyrone, Northern Ireland
    Posts
    1,347
    Quote Originally Posted by taka View Post
    Further to CaroLiza_fan's post above.
    Upon rescanning my PVR and set top box last night (both Freeview) I gained a 2nd BBC Red button channel: Channel 302. This also appears to be showing various Winter Olympics events though I've not spotted any Figure skating listed on 302 yet.

    Other ways of accessing coverage:
    BBC sports app for tablets / mobiles /connected TVs
    BBC's Connected Red Button service on Virgin Media TiVo and Sony Freeview Smart TVs

    I can access BBC sports app via my PVR at home so I'll see what is available and report back this evening. Yesterday it was just lots of short videos of various sports.
    You know, it's a good job you posted this, because if you hadn't, I wouldn't have noticed a pretty major mistake I made when editing my first post earlier!

    After copying the details for BBCi1 and pasting them in for BBCi2, I remembered to change the satellite tuning details, but forgot to change the Freeview number! Oops!

    I've fixed that now, though. And I've added in the details for BBC1, just in case they start showing Olympic stuff. I think most of the TV coverage is going to be on BBC2 and BBCi, but they might put stuff on BBC1 at the weekends like they do with other sports.

    Thank you again

    CaroLiza_fan

  15. #30
    ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Axis of Evil
    Posts
    2,516
    Numerous Russian channels are showing the Olympics live. So if you get a TVTeka subscription you can easily watch everything both live and on-demand later as it's going to be archived for 2 years or so.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •