Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Schedule & TV Streams Winter Olympics

Currently frozen as a popsicle Chemistry66's Avatar
    NBCOlympics is apparently livestreaming every single event even if it's not on a TV channel.

And BBC America is pretty good quality if it's similar to London 2012, with ExPat Shield (which seems to work pretty well)

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemistry66 View Post
    NBCOlympics is apparently livestreaming every single event even if it's not on a TV channel.

And BBC America is pretty good quality if it's similar to London 2012, with ExPat Shield (which seems to work pretty well)

I'm in Switzerland and I can't get access to the streaming on NBC or BBC. Help!

Quote Originally Posted by Greekmango View Post
    I'm in Switzerland and I can't get access to the streaming on NBC or BBC. Help!
    For NBC, you have to have a cable provider unfortunately.

For BBC, look through the thread. The necessary VPN has been referenced a few times.

Custom Title
    http://www.sochi2014.com/en/video-br...ing?id=1633164 - video stream Men, just now - warm-up of 1st group.
    Is it geoblocked?

Quote Originally Posted by AlexRus View Post
    http://www.sochi2014.com/en/video-br...ing?id=1633164 - video stream Men, just now - warm-up of 1st group.
    Is it geoblocked?
    From the US, yes.

Thank god my app is cooperating.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by CaroLiza_fan View Post
    You know, it's a good job you posted this, because if you hadn't, I wouldn't have noticed a pretty major mistake I made when editing my first post earlier!

After copying the details for BBCi1 and pasting them in for BBCi2, I remembered to change the satellite tuning details, but forgot to change the Freeview number! Oops!

I've fixed that now, though. And I've added in the details for BBC1, just in case they start showing Olympic stuff. I think most of the TV coverage is going to be on BBC2 and BBCi, but they might put stuff on BBC1 at the weekends like they do with other sports.

Thank you again

CaroLiza_fan
    So on Sky I can only access the Winter Olympic coverage on BBC, then by pressing the Red Button & getting two extra BBCi Channels ?.
    That's a shame as two years ago the BBC gave us extra channels by numbers too, so we did not have to go through the Red Button when watching London 2012.
    I think they were after the Eurosport channels on Sky.
    I wonder how much of the figure skating will be shown on those two extra channels ?.

I'm gonna Customize the CRAP out of this Title!!! Frenchie's Avatar
    http://ard.br.de/olympia-sotschi-201...hannel-event_3
    can any non-German check if it's geoblocked?
    Sorry if it is - the German commentator is a catastrophy, if it's any consolation

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie View Post
    http://ard.br.de/olympia-sotschi-201...hannel-event_3
    can any non-German check if it's geoblocked?
    Sorry if it is - the German commentator is a catastrophy, if it's any consolation
    It tells me the German for "Currently no live stream available" so I think yes.

Holy green shirt, PBP.

Rinkside
    This is probably a really stupid question, but NBC is going to post the videos online for the events after they're done, right? I mean, they won't just be streaming live?

Rinkside
    I get the message "Dieser Inhalt ist aus rechtlichen Gründen nur in Deutschland abrufbar" and no picture. Guessing that means it is geoblocked from the UK.

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA CaroLiza_fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightSkater View Post
    So on Sky I can only access the Winter Olympic coverage on BBC, then by pressing the Red Button & getting two extra BBCi Channels ?.
    That's a shame as two years ago the BBC gave us extra channels by numbers too, so we did not have to go through the Red Button when watching London 2012.
    I think they were after the Eurosport channels on Sky.
    I wonder how much of the figure skating will be shown on those two extra channels ?.
    After Saturday, if the Freeview EPG listings are reliable, there's going to be very little Figure Skating on the TV, I'm afraid.

So, we're going to be relying on the internet streams.

Yeah, it was great when we had all the extra feeds WITH EPG NUMBERS on Sky for the Summer Games. They were on Channel 450 onwards.

But, the BBC aren't getting enough money out of us through the Licence Fee, and so can't afford to pay for these extra feeds to be carried on satellite.

Really wish the EBU still had the rights, as it would be better coverage for all the viewers if Eurosport and ALL the Public Service Broadcasters in Europe (not just the ones that can afford to pay for it) had access to the Olympics.

I'm wording it like that because the EBU member for Ireland, RTÉ, are not showing these Olympics at all. Sure, the people "Down South" can watch BBC NI, but I'm not sure that they can get the BBCi channels (which is what today's skating is on) or the BBC's internet streams.

Let's hope that the contract with the rights management company gets cancelled, and the contract is given back to the EBU before Pyeongchang...

Unfortunately, I doubt that will happen.

CaroLiza_fan

Medalist
    I'm having problems getting anything! Winnie can you help? I can't seem to find any stream that I can access from the Netherlands :( I've already missed the men's and I don't want to miss the pairs :( BBC doesn't seem to work for me. Does anybody know how to get around a geoblock?? Help!

Custom Title
    The NOS has a livestream, it works fine for me...

http://nos.nl/os2014/
    Or from the main page, should be a link in the upper right corner. Good luck!

Medalist
    Dank je wel Winnie!! you are a godsend!

Custom Title
    You are so welcome! Have fun watching!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast