Schedule & TV Streams Winter Olympics | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Schedule & TV Streams Winter Olympics

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Are you in the US? If so, do you have Comcast?

If you do, all the competitions are in the On Demand folder, and they are free. They are there until 3/16/2014.

Also, www.nbcolympics.com has Olympic videos, but it can be quite challenging to find any particular video. You can see them if you have cable tv, or have a friend who does who will help you sign up.

You also get a 30 minute free trial even if you do not have cable (this is any cable, not just Comcast)

There is a similar website for Canada.

The Eurosport website may have some of the programs, if you are in that part of the World.

They get taken down on youtube almost as fast as they go up though, but it is always worth a check in the hopes you can watch before they are deleted.

MidnightSkater

On the Ice
The BBC Red Button looks like it will show the entire ladies SP.
But tomorrow for the Free Skate the schedule only shows around two & a half hours, so I guess at some point they will switch to BBC 2 coverage at some point.
The earlier Red Button listings showed today's coverage starting at 3.30pm but now in the updated listings it's showing the start time at 3.05pm.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
The BBC Red Button looks like it will show the entire ladies SP.
But tomorrow for the Free Skate the schedule only shows around two & a half hours, so I guess at some point they will switch to BBC 2 coverage at some point.
The earlier Red Button listings showed today's coverage starting at 3.30pm but now in the updated listings it's showing the start time at 3.05pm.

Yeah, I see that. I suspect that the BBCi1 coverage of the Figure Skating won't start until the Speed Skating is over. So, we might miss the first few figure skaters on the TV.

But, I bet they'll have switched over in time for our Jenna, at 15:34:10 GMT!!!

Anyway, the Ladies SP will kick off in about 35 minutes. And it will be available on the website from the start!

Here is the livestreaming link:

Official BBC Livestreaming Channel

This is NOT the same livestreaming channel that was used for any of the previous competitions.

BBCi1 is available via:

Digital terrestrial (UK only): Ch. 301 on Freeview
Digital cable (UK only): Ch. 991 on Virgin Media
Digital satellite (Europe): Ch. 977 on SkyDigital
Astra 28.2E, Transponder 45 (10.773H. MBaud 22,000. FEC 5/6).
NOTE: The channel you want for the skating is labelled “BBC RB 1

As MidnightSkater has already pointed out, the TV coverage is liable to switch to BBC2 without warning. So, have the remote handy and be prepared to flick over without any warning.

For details of how to receive BBC2, see the first post in this thread.

I'm going to be watching the Biathlon LIVE, and playing catch-up with the skating. So, I'll set the Sky to record BBC2's 16:00 - 19:30 GMT broadcast as well.

Pesky channel switching!

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I'm sure nobody needs me to remind them that the Ladies FS starts in about 45 minutes.

HOWEVER, the BBC's TV coverage of it is doing a lot of channel switching, so take note.

The coverage starts on BBCi1, from 15:00 - 17:30 GMT (so it leaves in the middle of Akiko Suzuki's FS)

Then, BBCi1 will switch over to the Freestyle Skating for 55 minutes.

During this time, the Figure Skating will presumably be on BBC2 (The BBC2 programme is on from 16:30 - 19:00 GMT, but it says it will also show the Women's Ice Hockey Final and the Women's Ski Half-Pipe. So, I suspect that they will only join it sometime in Group 3)

BBCi1 will return to the Figure Skating from 18:25 - 19:15 GMT (so it re-joins in the middle of Adelina Sotnikova's FS). Given that Kim Yun-A is due to finish at 18:55 GMT, I would hope that they show the Ladies podium before they switch to highlights of the Nordic Combined.

So, to receive BBCi1:

NOTE: The channel you want for the skating is labelled “BBC RB 1"​

And to receive BBC2:

Digital terrestrial (UK only): Ch. 2 on Freeview
Digital cable (UK only): Ch. 102 on Virgin Media
Digital satellite (Europe):
BBC2 England (Ch. 969 on SkyDigital) – Astra 28.2E, Transponder 45 (10.773H. MBaud 22,000. FEC 5/6).
BBC2 Scotland (Ch. 970 on SkyDigital) – Astra 28.2E, Transponder 47 (10.803H. MBaud 22,000. FEC 5/6).
BBC2 Wales (Ch. 971 on SkyDigital) – Astra 28.2E, Transponder 46 (10.788V. MBaud 22,000. FEC 5/6).
BBC2 Northern Ireland (Ch. 972 on SkyDigital) – Astra 28.2E, Transponder 48 (10.818V. MBaud 22,000. FEC 5/6).​

But, if you can't be bothered with switching back and forward between channels, there is always the livestream

This is NOT the same livestreaming channel that was used for any of the previous competitions.

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Quick update.
Gala on BBC Red Button 1 Saturday at 10.00pm.
Repeated on Sunday.

Just so that you know, I have quoted your posts about the Gala coverage in the Exhibitions thread, and have added the following:

I just looked up http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/sochi-events, and they say that the Gala will be held from 16:30 - 19:00 GMT. So, it might be a good idea to keep an eye on the BBC website from 16:15 GMT onwards, just in case they stream it LIVE. (PLEASE SHOW IT LIVE!!!!)

Also, just a wee note for Figure Skating fans in the UK.

For those that want to know what all the fuss is about, BBCi1 will be showing highlights of the Ladies at 11:00 GMT, i.e. in 15 minutes time (or, knowing what the BBC Interactive Channels are like, it might be sooner... or later... :rolleye: )

So, to receive BBCi1:

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Although the BBC are not showing the Gala on the TV LIVE, they WILL be showing it LIVE on the website, from 16:25 - 19:00 GMT (i.e. starting 25 minutes from now). :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

If you prefer to watch it on the TV later on, there will be full delayed ("as-live") coverage on BBCi1 from 22:00 - 00:30 GMT tonight.

BBCi1 is available via:

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

MidnightSkater

On the Ice
The listings are now showing the Gala starting on BBC RB One at 9.30pm NOT 10.00pm.
So maybe tune in a little earlier in case.

sayyadina

Spectator
Is the full gala available anywhere online? I thought I was recording it, but when I went back to check it was just skiing. I'm in the US.

beckychat

Spectator
Queen Yuna!!!

One last chance to see the Queen!!! Yuna Kim's AMAZING exhibition performance on NBC at 9p!!!!

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
The gala is being repeated on BBCi2 NOW

Sorry for the late post - I am watching something else and forgot about the repeat. But, they are just doing the introduction at the moment. None of the performances have started yet.

Here are the details on how to receive BBCi2:

BBCi2 is available via:

Digital terrestrial (UK only): Ch. 302 on Freeview
Digital cable (UK only): Ch. 992 on Virgin Media
Digital satellite (Europe): Ch. 978 on SkyDigital
Astra 28.2E, Transponder 76 (12.551V. MBaud 22,000. FEC 5/6).
NOTE: The channel you want for the skating is labelled “BBC RB 2”​

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
If anybody wants to watch the Closing Ceremony, the coverage will start on BBC2 (with commentary) and BBCi1 (no commentary) at 16:00 GMT (i.e in about 20 minutes).

For details of how to receive these channels, see the first post in this thread.

Alternatively, you can watch on the livestream, which will start at 15:50 GMT (i.e. in 10 minutes time):

Hazel Irvine will again be commentating, but I think Robin Cousins has already gone home so that he can judge on "Dancing On Ice" tonight (I don't think Robin wants Nicky Slater to get too comfy in his seat! :laugh: )

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Closing ceremony on the public Dutch, Belgian, German channels, and of course the BBC. Eeny meeny miney moe. What language to listen to... Choices choices. ;-)