18 Anton KOVALEVSKI UKR 33.4 10 19 18
19 Zhixue YANG CHN 33.8 7 20 19
20 Jamal OTHMAN SUI 36.0 6 21 21
21 Matthew WILKINSON GBR 38.2 12 24 19
22 Vitali SAZONETS UKR 39.6 15 16 24
23 Adrian SCHULTHEISS SWE 40.6 12 23 22
24 Marco FABBRI ITA 40.6 11 22 23
25 Ruben REUS

YAY to Griazev! And great for both Evan and Jordan! :)

Kasey

Matt

On the Ice
Does anyone know if there's a site with video clips of the FP? I can't seem to find one on the official website.

The official does have some really great photos, though

shine

Record Breaker
I don't think it has been broadcasted on TV any where in the world yet. You might have to wait a while.

berthes ghost

Final Flight
I hate this interim system! :mad:

Personally, I would have given it to Evan (only 3 judges agreed with me). He was cleaner and had a better program IMHO.

Just as a picky sidenote, I hate it when skaters aplaud themselves or pump thier fists in triumph during the program. Could you imagine Maria Callas letting out a "hoo-ya!" in the middle of an opera just because she hit a difficult high note? Tacky. :sheesh:

Kasey

Medalist
From what I read on another forum, it seems that Griazev's 3A/3T may have been a deciding factor in the overall scores. I would like very much to be able to see it, and be able to judge it for myself. (Keeping fingers crossed)

Kasey

It seems to have been a battle of the top two. This is the reason one calls it a subjective sport. What were the scores of the judges and who were they?

This is also a big coup for Jordan!

Joe

Aria

Rinkside
berthes ghost said:
Just as a picky sidenote, I hate it when skaters aplaud themselves or pump thier fists in triumph during the program. Could you imagine Maria Callas letting out a "hoo-ya!" in the middle of an opera just because she hit a difficult high note? Tacky. :sheesh:
I agree. Besides breaking character, it can make the skater appear cocky.

Who at Junior Worlds did this?

Last edited:

berthes ghost

Final Flight
Andrei G.

Did an absolute beauty of a 3x/3t to open his program and then pumped his fist in triumph.

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Yes while we're on the subject I cannot stand it when they do that fist pumping thing. That action is not uncommon in other sports but those sports do not have a performance aspect. For me it is as though an actor has just delivered a great monologue and then breaks character to say "yes!!!." I agree with Joe in that it should bring deductions.

Back to Evan alwaysabridesmaidneverabride Lysacek, I think I read somewhere that he held back in the LP and therefore did not gain an advantage on the presentation score as he might have.

At least nobody in FSing can be accused of using steroids. Well, maybe some judges.

Last edited:

ouridol

On the Ice
I'm thrilled for Jordan, and although its too bad that Evan couldnt finally win this title, three silvers is still amazing;)

To me, when a skater stops to celebrate in the middle of his/her program, it breaks the flow and takes away from it majorly. Brian Joubert also does this, as does Alexei. There should be a deduction for it.

berthes ghost

Final Flight
Lots of Tennis players fist pump (Tim Henman comes to mind) but they usually only do it after they score a point and are on a little break, not right after hitting the ball well during the actual play.

sk8fanconvert

On the Ice
thisthingcalledlove said:
again, i repeat that jordan brauninger is the most adorable thing on earth...

I totally agree! We had such fun watching him skate at nationals. He was really having fun at practices.

this is kinda gross, but he had a cold/runny nose, and several times he was practicing his camel spin and the snot would just start flying! His coaches cracked up. Finally he was skating around with tissue stuffed up one nostril.

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
sk8fanconvert said:
...this is kinda gross, but he had a cold/runny nose, and several times he was practicing his camel spin and the snot would just start flying! His coaches cracked up. Finally he was skating around with tissue stuffed up one nostril.

Oh, yeah, that's a major turn-on! Now I understand the attraction! :D :laugh: :)

sk8fanconvert

On the Ice
RealtorGal said:
Oh, yeah, that's a major turn-on! Now I understand the attraction! :D :laugh: :)

:laugh:
All I can say is, under the right circumstances, a snot-nose can be pretty endearing. It had us cracking up in the stands.