Congratulate.. Irina Lobacheva | Golden Skate

Congratulate.. Irina Lobacheva

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, my Russian is a bit... uh... rusty... okay, it's really a bit... uh... nonexistent! :D :eek: :D :eek:

galka

Rinkside
Irina Lobachova became mum
The champion the world in dances on ice Irina Lobachova on Wednesday became mum of the charming child.The boy, born in weight in three kgs and growth of 50 centimeters happy parents have named Martin.This remarkable name. First, in it there are all letters of which the name "Irina" - time will consist. Secondly, it very much approaches the kid who was born in March, and, thirdly, is similar to a name of my grandfather, mother's father - Mark ", - has explained a choice of a name Ilya on pages of the newspaper "Life".After a birth of son Irina will take "holiday" for two-three months then will start preparation of farewell show. All friends will take part in it: figure skaters, stars of a music and TV.:love:
I do not know, whether is clear?If is not, here there are people which to translate the best

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks Galka for letting us know.

Dee

STL_Blues_fan

Final Flight
The name is spelled in this article (in Russian) as "Martin". There is a Russian version which is spelled "Martyn" so I wonder the same if it is an Anglo version. Also, Martyn is a fairly rare name in Russia, at least it used to be for my generation. But they repeatedly stated that they want to retire and live in Russia, so why not give a kid a Russian name??? Godeeva and Kulik did, even though they choose to live in US.

Incidentally, Lobacheva and Averbukh also picked a name Daria, in case the kid would be a girl.

A link from this article to another story stated that the main reason L&A retired was to start a family. They felt that after 2006 Irina would be more suited to be a "grandma" than a mother! Isn't she 31 or so?? That's incredible how cultures are different!

Yana

Evdokia

On the Ice
Thanks for the link! That's great news! Congratulations to Irina and Ilja and best wishes for little Martin. :)