Lloyd & Isabelle Calling it Quits | Golden Skate

Lloyd & Isabelle Calling it Quits

jfdw

Rinkside
Hi DEE
I am sad also that they are retiring. But I think they have had a wonderful career and at this point in their life they have other things they want to do. They are going out on a high still thrilling audiences with their skating. I ams sorry the US fans will not see them this year but never fear I am sure the Canadian audiences will bring the house down for each of their performances in the canadian tour of soi. You can be sure they will get an outstanding send off. I will be cheering my head off for them in Ottawa and Toronto.
jfdw

ouridol

On the Ice
Awwww...that was a sweet interview. :p I willl miss them a lot, that's for sure, and I've always loved their skating and how they always had fun with whatever they were doing. I am wishing them best of luck in the future!!! :D

It's always sad to see a skater or pair of skaters retire.....an announcement was made at Kristi Yamaguchi's Salute to American Music on November 4th that Isabelle and Lloyd would be retiring after this season, there was a loud "aaawwwww" in the arena. I was at that show in Philly and I think the audience was extra appreciative of B&E's programs and extra enthusiastic with their applaud once they heard that announcement, probably the last time many of the people in the arena would get the pleasure of seeing them skate live and it seemed the audience really tried to convey their thanks to them in their applaud.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I love this pair, but I'm not surprised.........they have been around a long time thrilling fans with their exciting lifts, innovative programs, and their genuine affection for each other.......well, we have their programs on tapes at least.....42

Steve L

Rinkside
Yup we are gettin`old I guess...

Hi Guys!

I took from the same coach as them (Josee Picard and Eric Gilles) and also had the honor of training with them and becoming good friends with Lloyd. He was and is a mentor and he changed the world of skating pairs in Canada...just ask Dave!

I am sure he will remain a spokesman in this sport because he is not finished contributing...in my book.

Sad to see them go but their life must go onto a different direction....

take care all!

heyang

Record Breaker
I remember the commentator's mentioning B&E's retirement during the broadcast of Kristi's show. Not surprising since many of the skaters from that time period are going through major life changes (marriage, birth of children) that require a great deal of dedication and time.

I'm sure it was also difficult for them to maintian their training with Isabelle in NJ and Lloyld in Canada. Isabelle's darling little girl will be school age in a couple of years and I seem to recall (not for sure) that I read that Lloyld's wife is expecting their 1st child (emphasizing again that my memory may be faulty).

I'm sure that they'll both remain in skating in some shape or form.

Good luck to both families.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Dee4707:

I heard this news some time ago and it has yet to sink in that they really are going. I just saw them again on Stars on Ice on tv last night on the French station. I will miss them. They brought such excitement to pairs - Isabelle is fearless! They will be missed here in Canada.