Ladies' champ at worlds 2004? | Golden Skate

Ladies' champ at worlds 2004?

Who do you think will become the next world champion?

• Michelle Kwan

Votes: 49 47.1%
  • Sasha Cohen

Votes: 30 28.8%
  • Fumie Suguri

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Shizuka Arakawa

Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Julia Sebestyen

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Elena Sokolova

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Yoshie Onda

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other

Votes: 7 6.7%

• Total voters
25 % Ando
25 % Arakawa
25 % Cohen
25 % Kwan
25 % Suguri

That's about 125 % of who will take the gold and while where at it, who's got the silver and bronze?

Then want about the RETURN OF SLUTSKAYA??

Joe

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I went with Michelle..........not that the other ladies can't take the title, they can, but I went with her fantastic track record and her ability to almost always pull it together when it counts......42

Lotta

On the Ice
Fumie Suguri!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Michelle's got five and I love her, but I want Fumie to win!!!!

But seriously, if I can have MY ladies world's podium, it'll be an ASIAN INVASION. Kwan, Suguri, Arakawa in ANY order. That'll be the greatest thing!!!!!!!!!!!

ouridol

On the Ice
I am confident Sasha will do it this time;) Robin really seems to be helping her mentally and even with the shingles, she put out some stellar performances.

I think MKs programs are just too easy. I mean,yea, she was awesome in the LP at Nats, but it will only carry her so far. The crowd in Dortmund wont be jumping out of their seats just because she's skated clean...

kosjenka

On the Ice
GO IRINA ! !

IRINA SLUTSKAYA !!!
I like Sasha very much, but has she ever skated clean short and free program at any big competition?
It would be greate to see Irina beating everybody!
GO IRINA :) :) :) :D :D :) :)

Kasey

Medalist
I really like ALL of the Japanese ladies, but voted for Michelle, based on her history, her consistency, and her ability to put it all together when it counts the most.

Kasey

jesslily

Final Flight
Few lady skaters, such as Michelle, Sasha, and Fumie, I really like, and hope each one of them to win, unfortunately there is only one gold medal, and hope the one who get silver and brownz don't feel too bad. :)

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
I voted Michelle...

...based on her consistency and track record, but can't WAIT to watch this competition. It's such a strong field and anything could happen. That will be nerve tingling for the skaters and for all of us too!

DG

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Interesting... Shizuka doesn't even make it to 3% on this poll, yet she managed to skate away with the gold thanks to 3 incredible performances! Amazing!:) :love:

dizzydi

On the Ice
Ladies' champ at worlds 2004

RealtorGal,

Yes, it is interesting that Shizuka ended up winning. That's part of what makes figureskating competitons so exciting. No matter how knowledgeable the fan, the unexpected does happen more often than not.

However, the likelihood of at least one or more Japanese ladies on the podium was quite high. That top spot is always up for grabs as far as I'm concerned.

Dizzy

You all realize this is a FUN thread and not about anything more than your favorite. Someone jumped in last August for predictions for the Campbells event. The replies were 75 per cent WRONG at the end of the competition.

It would have been better worded if this thread wanted to know Your Hopes for the 2006 Olys Ladies event. However, after the Grand Prix events and various results of International Nationals, one could venture a more serious guess at the Worlds champ in 2005 in any discipline.

Joe