Peter and Marina for pro-dance partnership | Golden Skate

Peter and Marina for pro-dance partnership

zilam98

Rinkside
I just think that since they're both Russians, they could easily forge a partnership. IMO, Marina is a better match for him than Shae. The only drawback is that Marina would be much more difficult to sell than Shae, especially in NA.

Antilles

Medalist
Are she and Gwendal completely kaput? I know he had an injurty that would keep him off ice for a while, and she's moving to Paris, but have they actually said they will never skate together again?

miffy_1306

Rinkside
I think Marina and Gwendal are actually thinking of skating again. (Can't remember where i read this, but it was pretty recent).

I would LOVE to see Peter skating competitively/pro/ANYTHING! Just so long as he can skate. He is so talented, it just seems such a waste if no one will be able to see him! :love:

Does anyone know if he has dual citizenship, or is it just US now?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
miffy_1306 said:
I think Marina and Gwendal are actually thinking of skating again. (Can't remember where i read this, but it was pretty recent).

I think in the last IFS issue there was an article about them skating together again soon.

zilam98

Rinkside
Great!

It's just that I'm greatly saddened that they couldn't be marketed in NA because of their link to the Olympic scandal. I would have loved to see them in SOI or any other pro ice shows in NA.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Re: Great!

zilam98 said:
It's just that I'm greatly saddened that they couldn't be marketed in NA because of their link to the Olympic scandal. I would have loved to see them in SOI or any other pro ice shows in NA.

I think they're planning on coming to Alaska this october with "Fantasy On Ice"... at least they were going to come in February till the show got cancelled... *sigh*

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
berthes ghost said:
I think this is in relation to the fact that there is a supbeana out fot Gwendal and Marina in the US in relation to the Takhtukhmanov (sp?) investigation.

Antilles

Medalist
Yep. they cancelled their COP winter tour appearance last year because their lawyer told them not to go to the states.

janetliz

Rinkside
Antilles said:
I also would love to see them in NA again. They could still come to Canada!

I did see them in a show on TV which I believe was taped this season in Quebec. The other skaters were Elvis Stojko and Dubreuil/Lauzon. Unfortunately, I can't remember the name of the show right now or which tape it is on to go look up the title.

Antilles

Medalist
I know they were in Quebec in the summer of 2002. I think that's the last time they were in Canada.