TV REMINDER SAT nbc | Golden Skate

TV REMINDER SAT nbc

skateluvr

Record Breaker
NBC has coverage of 4CC tomorrow as well as a pro tribute. I'll check the time to make sure it has not changed, and post.

ETA 2:30-4:30 Tribute to legends of the ice.

4:30-6:00 pm 4CC How I wish Mirai skated well, but.... If anyone knows who is on the tributes show please post. I'm guesing it is a Disson show? :)

ice coverage

Record Breaker
NBC has coverage of 4CC tomorrow as well as a pro tribute. I'll check the time to make sure it has not changed, and post.

ETA 2:30-4:30 Tribute to legends of the ice.

4:30-6:00 pm 4CC How I wish Mirai skated well, but.... If anyone knows who is on the tributes show please post. I'm guesing it is a Disson show? :)

skateluvr's times above are for the Eastern time zone. As always, check your local listings.

Yes, the American Legends show is a Disson production. I think that it had its own GS thread at the time of the live show, which took place in NJ in December, IIRC.

In any case, the cast list is readily available on the Disson website.

General description off the top of my head with only a few of the many names:
In essence, it was a send-off show for Sochi hopefuls (again, the show was taped well before Nats).
Some of the biggies of the past appeared, but did not skate. Among those who did perform: Boitano, Kitty and Peter Carruthers, etc.
Among the Sochi hopefuls (who did perform): Max Aaron, Wagner, Zawadzki, Castelli/Shnapir, etc. (Gold debuted her new SP at the show.)

ETA:
I've deleted Hamill from my list above. She was not part of the show. Sorry for my faulty memory.
OTOH, happy to say that Alissa Czisny did skate in the show. I had forgotten that she was in the cast.​

It seems to be starting on the East Coast right now. Time to slow-cook broth and hunker down in front f the tube!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Paul Wylie was great. Alissa did a double Axel. Brian Boitano is still The Man at 50. :rock:

I thought Wylie was spectacular. Of course he didn't do more than a double jump or so, but look at how sharp his sit spin, spreadeagles, and Ina Bauer were, not to mention some split jumps. A lot of older male skaters tend to thicken up and lose flexibility in their core area, so that their basic movements look a bit lumbering (for example Peter Carruthers), but Wylie has retained a lot of his posture. Like Boitano, he's fifty or so, and he still has it also. Two wonderful skating guys, and how great to see them both perform.

And Alissa! So fine to see her. That spin...she sped up a it went on. Wow.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
I missed all most all with migraine-drats-Paul Wylie would be who I wanted to see. Nancy, Brian and Gracie were all I caught. Nancy is still loving to skate. Did Roz skate? I have not seen her skate in a decade!. It looked like her. And I saw Scott in the finale. Did Evan skate? So mad I missed Wylie.

Rozalynn Sumners and Linda Fratianne skated a duet. Evan did not skate, just did some announcing.I hope you get a chance to see Paul Wylie's performance later on You Tube. He did a Jason Brown -- amazed the audience with his energy start to finish.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Paul was magnificent! We saw the show live. I do wish they had still also shown Adam Rippon's performance (I imagine they didn't because he did not make the US team for Sochi or Worlds).

skateluvr

Record Breaker
I wish Adam could train or work with Wylie to have the great skate he needs. He is so elegant. Confidence tho sorely missing.