Marina Zoueva Must Have Mixed Feelings | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Marina Zoueva Must Have Mixed Feelings

It's win, win, win for Zoueva. No matter what happens her teams have dominated ice dance for two full Olympic cycles.

hyperinflation

Match Penalty
I wonder about her mixed feelings for her two teams. Does she have a preference? Is she happy with being the coach of the top two teams in any order or does she want to be known as the woman who coached two different teams to Olympic gold?

i don't think she consciously favors one team or the other, but whether she wants to admit it or not, she was obviously playing out some unfinished gordeeva/grinkov emotions in 2010 with v/m's mahler. how was a done to death routine to the phantom of the opera supposed to compare to that?

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Maybe marlie wanted to skate to POTO? I don't know how they choose music at that level or with marina/Igor. I never knew he sued her and their rink. Chock and Bates were wonderful at nationals. I assume the top 2 teams will retire and I think Cand B are the best to be left, and Shibs of course.

hyperinflation

Match Penalty
Maybe marlie wanted to skate to POTO? I don't know how they choose music at that level or with marina/Igor. I never knew he sued her and their rink. Chock and Bates were wonderful at nationals. I assume the top 2 teams will retire and I think Cand B are the best to be left, and Shibs of course.

but i mean, poto is such an uninspired, blah choice though. marina's always talked about waiting twenty years for the right team and the right time to come along to skate to mahler and i'm not saying she sabotaged the other team or anything, but she had such a personal, emotional attachment to that program, it's hard to see how anything else she choreographed could compare

having said that, i get the feeling this quad that she thinks v/m have had their shot though and it's d/w's turn now

bekalc

Record Breaker
It's win, win, win for Zoueva. No matter what happens her teams have dominated ice dance for two full Olympic cycles.

Its not a win/win for the skaters. The fact that their coach may actually feel that "its no longer their turn" isn't good for V/M. They need a coach who is 100% committed to them winning.

However for whatever reason they picked that situation.

Snapper

Spectator
Is there a link to an article on this somewhere? I heard things happened, but don't know what supposedly went down.

hanca

Record Breaker
but i mean, poto is such an uninspired, blah choice though. marina's always talked about waiting twenty years for the right team and the right time to come along to skate to mahler and i'm not saying she sabotaged the other team or anything, but she had such a personal, emotional attachment to that program, it's hard to see how anything else she choreographed could compare

having said that, i get the feeling this quad that she thinks v/m have had their shot though and it's d/w's turn now

Actually, that's a matter of your opinion. I found V/M's program in 2010 to be the dull, uninspiring, blah choice and POTO the better of the two programs. And I know a lot of people who believe that D/W should have won. I think it depends a lot on what style a person prefers. You obviously prefer the 'looking pretty' programs, whereas I prefer 'let's have some action' type of program. I do think both programs suited very well to the teams' style. I don't think V/M would have pulled off the POTO as good as D/W did, but on the other hand I don't think D/W would have pulled off V/M's program.