Oksana Baiul on 20/20 tonight | Golden Skate

Oksana Baiul on 20/20 tonight

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
She was on for a few moments on Good Morning America, a small part of the interview. I almost missed it. Good thing I'm a surfer. :laugh: It is 8 pm EST and 7 pm CST.
Sure hope I don't forget SOI Thursday night.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Thanks for the info, Grgranny! :love:

Definitely do not want to miss this......good thing I've returned to checking the board again......especially as I just came from Heather's wonderful F.S. T.V. Schedule, but alas it doesn't mention this one. :(

***UPDATE: for those in Seattle, I just checked my t.v. guide & 20/20 isn't listed to appear until Friday @ 10PM***

Peace & Love, Nadine

P.S. Thanks also, Grgranny, for the info. about SOI ~ my Seattle t.v. guide lists it for Thursday @ 8PM. :)

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I am lucky that I get the eastern stations on my satellite as in Wichita they showed Billy Graham. Right now I have the show Judas on but don't like the character that plays Jesus. I don't know if it's me or him but seems to be a very bad acting job to me. Had a phone call so started taping it.

Ice Princess

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Oksana Baiul

Thanks for the info guys! Especially, Nadine, because I am in the Seattle area!!!!

ouridol

On the Ice
That was SO moving I was like literally in tears. If you ever catch a rerun, be sure to have tissues next to you lol
Gene (or whatever her fiance's name is) seems like an angel, the perfect guy for her.
My favorite part was when she revisited her old city: it was the perfect reunion with "finding her roots". she was reunited with her dad, her fellow countreymen, and family. She visited her mom's grave and I thought it was so sad when Oksana was in tears and she said "I did it. I got the gold medal" when she was kneeling by the grave. She said it was her mom's dream ever since she was little, and she finally achieved it. I also thought it was touching when she visited her old skating rink, and people still thought she was a hero and role-model:)
Was anyone else stunned by her beauty in that one shot of her on the red carpet, and she was arm in arm with Gene (posing for all the cameras)? She's a ravishing beauty, I know she was always beautiful, but she was really gorgeous in that shot :)

brenlynn

On the Ice
definetly a tear jerker!!! i was definetly crying a lot. she looked beautiful, damn... i'm just so happy and proud of her and what she's become.

i have pictures from that event they were showing on my site here.

i want to meet gene and thank him for everything :laugh:

Gwendolyn

Rinkside
Grgranny said:
I am lucky that I get the eastern stations on my satellite as in Wichita they showed Billy Graham. Right now I have the show Judas on but don't like the character that plays Jesus. I don't know if it's me or him but seems to be a very bad acting job to me. Had a phone call so started taping it.

I have Billy Graham here too in Western Canada....... does anyone know if it's going to be replayed? I thinking of emailing and complaining!!!

What I liked about the interview was that she appeared to be cool and collected and not so hyper as I've seen her in the past.

Joe

dizzydi

On the Ice
Oksana Baiul

Joesitz,

You expressed just what I felt about the interview. I was so very pleased to see a more mature, in control Oksana.

It's wonderful to see her transformation as a person and her new found interest in figureskating. Oksana has been blessed with a talent that few possess. I wish her happiness in the future with Gene.

Dizzy

I taped the show last night and just finished watching it. I was in tears, also. It was a very good interview. I agree, it is so nice to see Oksana "calm and collected". She's so much more mature and very beautiful. I sure hope she stays on the right path--with Gene by her side, I think she has an excellent chance for a wonderful life.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Joesitz said:
What I liked about the interview was that she appeared to be cool and collected and not so hyper as I've seen her in the past.

Joe

exactly... it's the new mature Oksana and I loved what little part of the interview that I saw (ABC SUCKS in ALASKA just fyi LOL) her bangs are so long LOL I'm amazed she doesn't shorten them they were in her eyes LOL but seriously the parts I saw sounded really good... and hey Scottie was in it briefly so it's all good LOL

Nadine

Record Breaker
Anticipation!!! http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/Gif/RSRen5.gif

Will be airing in about 1 1/2 hrs......for those in Seattle, that is........can't wait, especially as I won't be able to tape it on Sunday (btw thanks for the info. pairsfan). :)

Peace & Excited, Nadine

P.S. Thanks to everyone whom contributed to this thread about the Special ~ whetted my appetite. :p

Nadine

Record Breaker
Oh No! :cry:

It looks like tonight's 20/20 is a Special Tribute to gay people.......Rosie O'Donnell & her married wife/partner :confused: ..........Elton John, and a bunch of others.

Darn, and I miss out on another Special on Oksana. :( Ah well...

Peace, Nadine

Gwendolyn

Rinkside
Nadine said:
Oh No! :cry:

It looks like tonight's 20/20 is a Special Tribute to gay people.......Rosie O'Donnell & her married wife/partner :confused: ..........Elton John, and a bunch of others.

Darn, and I miss out on another Special on Oksana. :( Ah well...

Peace, Nadine

Yeah, the same for me too.....I'm thinking of complaining to the TV station again.......

John King

Final Flight
Uh,Nadine....wrong date....

I too,was a little :confused: by 20/20's scheduled appearance for Monday,as it always has ordinarily been on Fridays.But upon reading the three magazines,TV Guide,plus the TV Weekly and TV Times that come with my local newspapers,it was a special edition.I just watched The View on Friday,where they previewed the 20/20 episode devoted to gay couples,and that aired March 12th.I should be rendesvouing with my bro tonight,who taped the March 8th show for me(I don't have cable at present),and will know if that was the special on Celebrity Comebacks,with Oksana & Gene.

Ice Princess

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Oksana Baiul

I know I was real disappointed that they didn't show Oksana on 20/20-instead the gay episode,which I watched though. But, I'll see if I can see it Sunday-

Last edited:

Nadine

Record Breaker
Question!

For those in Seattle, was it shown this afternoon? :confused:

I'm asking b/c pairsfan said another 20/20 special was going to be aired this afternoon @ 4-5PM in Seattle. Also, John King ( :) ) mentioned a few mix-ups as well. Thus, I wonder if it will ever be shown again? :\

***Note: btw my great uncle, Buggy (nickname :) ), is literally going to be passing away tonight so I wasn't able to catch this afternoon's 20/20 special. Of course, it goes without saying, family means more to me than ANYTHING (bar none).***

Peace & Love, Nadine

"Good night, sweet prince, and flights of angels sing thee to thy rest." - Shakespeare

pairsfan

On the Ice
It was on but we missed the beginning because an infomercial ran over. We got to see the whole Oksana segment.