Another book-this one I should have skipped! | Golden Skate

Another book-this one I should have skipped!

76olympics

On the Ice
I finally bought a used copy of "Frozen Assets." This is an expendable book! Why didn't I remember that someone said it was nothing special on this forum about a year ago? The writer is associated with IFS mag-and it could be one of their articles-rather vapid and telling me nothing that I don't already know. (I actually liked that mag best for quick news bits and photos-except they drove me to drink with incessant re-subscription mail. I seemed to receive those more than the mag itself)

So-my luck turned after the excellent "Second Mark." Even the print was super-large in "Frozen Assets"-so there was even less information that it seemed. The quotes were canned and well--I am disappointed. I will heed your words from now on!

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
That's the reason I never tried to get it. I do pretty much like the magazine but you're sure right about the subs. I kept forgetting that I had ordered it and ended up subscribing for like 7 years. They refused to give me any money back. They also refused to give me the calendar that I should have received.

Spirit

On the Ice
The book does give a good summation of what happened to all the professional events, and gives a little bit of information about what goes on behind the scenes. I found that interesting.

Other than that, it was a lot of fluff.

Also, the font is large and the spacing between lines is a little more than in most books. They had to stretch the text in order to make it look like it was as large as other books.

If the author had wanted to make it better, he could have had Snoopy write it.

"It was a dark and stormy night at the skating rink....."

Jhar55

Medalist
76 at least you didn't pay full price. I read it, was an ok book.
Granny, I am not renewing my IFS magazine, did get the free calendar once but it's never offered anymore when it's my time to renew.