ESPN- US figure skaters discuss wearing team USA uniforms during competition | Golden Skate

ESPN- US figure skaters discuss wearing team USA uniforms during competition

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
ESPN- US figure skaters discuss wearing team USA uniforms during competition

http://m.espn.go.com/extra/olympics/story?storyId=10359556&src=desktop

OK so we know it won't happen but I wanted to draw everyone's attention to ESPN and their awful coverage of figure skating. Not even just the story but the mindset their readers must have for them to pass this off as quality journalism. Maybe it's just me but I found it at times offensive. If the "high school newspaper"writing isn't off putting enough then read the comments section.
:jaw:
Other than the horrible story how do you feel about team uniforms on the ice. It's easy for me to envision Julia in her Russia coat because she's been wearing it the second she gets off the ice for about 3yrs now, maybe longer. Good enough for me. I really think if you took her red dress from her FS I'd cry. I say no way. I can't think of another olympic sport where the athlete doesn't compete in their country's uniform though. Then again I can't think of a single sport where an athlete has the ability to put on a performce and still be required to execute world class athleticism. I'd be curious if anyone likes this idea.

Near

On the Ice
Country
Canada
Non-mobile link: http://espn.go.com/olympics/winter/.../id/10359556/figure-skaters-team-usa-uniforms

Then again I can't think of a single sport where an athlete has the ability to put on a performce and still be required to execute world class athleticism. .

On the top of my head I can think of Synchronized Swimming and Rhythmic Gymnastic. In Equestrian military members are allowed to wear their military uniform instead of team clothing due to the sport's military past.

centerpt1

On the Ice
Truthfully- I'd like to see all singles skaters (men and ladies) in black long sleeved tops or leotards and pants, leggings or tights. It's so much more flattering, and it's easier to see line, positions, legs, etc. Pairs- same thing. The only discipline I would prefer costumes in is ice dance- and that because of the ballroom connection.

I find all but the most simple costumes distracting.

Isabel_O'Reilly

Final Flight
Truthfully- I'd like to see all singles skaters (men and ladies) in black long sleeved tops or leotards and pants, leggings or tights. It's so much more flattering, and it's easier to see line, positions, legs, etc. Pairs- same thing. The only discipline I would prefer costumes in is ice dance- and that because of the ballroom connection.

I find all but the most simple costumes distracting.

Then 95% of people would stop watching Figure Skating.