Another honor for Michelle.... | Golden Skate

Another honor for Michelle....

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Good for Michelle.........what a great group of finalists, all worthy of the honor........42

Koroleva

On the Ice
Just a question but wasn't Michelle's last competition outside of the US 2002 Worlds? Why is she nominated for best American-International Athlete for this year then?

bronxgirl

Medalist
I would think that it was because the World Championships, even though held in DC last year, count as an international event.

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker
I think American-International athlete would mean athletes that competes in a sport with international athletes...and it could also mean that American and athletes from all over the world are eligible for the award.

Nice to see that people are still harping on MK not competing outside America that much again.

berthes ghost

Final Flight
Skate America is also an International event, unless you want to inform all of those non US skaters who perform there that they are disqualified and ask Maria to give back her title. :laugh:

Is it too much to ask that generic criticism drugged up constantly at least make sense?

Fossi

Final Flight
Koroleva said:
Just a question but wasn't Michelle's last competition outside of the US 2002 Worlds? Why is she nominated for best American-International Athlete for this year then?

I think she competed in Skate Canada too when she was doing the GP series. AFAIK, Skate Canada isn't held in the United States, hence the title "Skate Canada," right? (Michelle was defeated at Skate Canada by Sarah Hughes)
She didn't compete outside of the US last season or this season? What about pro-ams? Did she do any of these? Would that count?
What about other skaters nominated? Did they compete outside of their home countries?