Stars On Ice tonighjt? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Stars On Ice tonighjt?

Nadine

Record Breaker
Re: Stars On Ice

Ice Princess said:
Nadine-

Sorry, I wasn't sure who the next two pictures were of! Love them though! I also haven't really seen much of Sonia Honie, so soon I am going to rent & buy some movies of hers! I can't wait!!:love: .......by the way, I wanted to share something else with you-my mom works at a retirement home & a few years ago, I met an older lady there, named Lauretta, who said she skated with Sonia! We would share stories-

Hi Ice Princess! :love:

No need for apologies, I was just kidding around, as my emoticon was s'posed to indicate ~ ;) . However, I was surprised & delighted when skatepixie knew the answer. Btw, the full answer to the question about those three gorgeous Swans is that Oksana Baiul is the one in full color (beginning pose), Sonja Henie is the one underneath her in b/w (ending pose, aaahhh), and Charlotte Oelschlagel is the one in b/w in full Swan regalia reaching toward the heavens (middle pose). :)

***Note: STL_Blues_fan, yes, you are right! http://www.stopstart.freeserve.co.uk/smilie/cheering.gif Charlotte Oelschlagel is the one that is towering above the others in my latest pic up above (taken from when she was 17 yrs. old & appearing @ The Hippodrome in New York in 1915; btw still trying to find a much sought-after doll of her likeness during that time, so rare that I've never actually seen one before).***

Peace & Love, Nadine

P.S. Ice Princess, ( :) ) thanks so much for sharing that info. about your mom & that nice lady, Lauretta! I'd love to hear more about it (no lie). Btw, do you know what retirement home she's staying at? Because I'd truly & sincerely love to visit her some day. I'm wondering if it's the one over by the lake in West Seattle, by the park...

"knowledge is nothing without sharing" - Betty J. Eadie
http://images.andale.com/f2/115/106/3632169/1079664815572_0000charlotte1.jpg
***Note: the above is Charlotte performing @ The Hippodrome when she was a young teen (btw my hair is the exact same length as hers, no lie :D )***

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
DORISPULASKI said:
One more vote for Todd's Flamenco program. Facially, I thought he was trying to smolder, and perhaps that is what some people are seeing as uncomfortable
dpp
When I saw Todd's Flamenco number on the Today show, I was rather disappointed in it. I love Flamenco music and also was happy to see that Evgeni was doing something with that type of music for his SP this year. Anyhow, when I saw Todd's number in person he was just awesome!! His long lean body and dark hair just added to the drama of the music. The people that I went with including myself were just in awe over his performance. He certainly deserved the standing ovations he got. When Doris mentioned Todd trying to smolder, I think she hit the nail on the head. When I was younger, my cousin who was a dance instructor was trying to teach me how to tango. He even showed me how to hold my fingers, how to put my arm around his neck and of course tried to get me to have THE LOOK!! I wasn't getting THE LOOK so he told me to just look hungry and then I got it!!!:laugh: :laugh:

I, too, really wished that Todd could have stayed eligible under the COP. IMHO, I think Todd is one of the nicest skaters.

Dee

Ice Princess

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Stars On Ice

Nadine-

I knew you were joking around-I just wanted to say that to you! And, Lauretta lives in a nursing home in Bothell-I haven't seen her for a little while & I'm kind of afraid to give out too much info!:p By the way, you're from Washington state, too? (it sure sounded like it!)

Nadine

Record Breaker
Hi Ice Princess, :)

Good to know that you knew I was just being light-hearted. ;)

As to Lauretta, ITA, and am sorry I even asked about what nursing home she's staying at b/c my motto is "don't ever trust anybody on the internet (no lie; people using more than one alias, pretending to be somebody they're not, troublemakers, liars, weirdos, stalkers, et al). Thus, once again, my apologies for even asking ~ I should know better ~ especially as I'm a stickler for my aforementioned credo.

***Note: btw, yes, I am from Washington state, but try not to mention it too much ever since I (& a few other Oksana Fans) were stalked by a nutcase that was eventually traced posting from a Florida library back in 1999 (no lie).***

Back on topic (i.e. SOI), I feel so awful that I wasn't able to bring my 6 yr. old baby niece to her first ice skating show in January due to ice & snow (btw weird how we had that freak storm; usually it's just rain, lol :D ). Anyhow, I'm thinking about taking her to COI on May 2nd instead. However, disappointed that for the first time since I can't remember when, COI will not be playing at Key Arena in downtown Seattle! :eek: Everett is not my favorite place to go, unless it's antiquing! ;)

***Note: the other day I downloaded the Maria Butyrskaya Show that was held in Russia this past month, and was shocked & delighted when I viewed Besedin & Polishuk's new program entitled "Skater & Hockey Player"! (8^o Thought I would never say this but I'm actually looking forward to seeing this one in person ~ LOVE LOVE LOVE the music & routine (no lie)! :)^D***

Peace & Love, Nadine

P.S. Wow, only a couple more televised competitions to go than then season is over ~ honestly, I really don't mind ~ looking forward to next season though (Miki Ando will be a Senior)!!! :love:

"It is not enough to speak, but to speak true." - Shakespeare

Ice Princess

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Stars On Ice

Nadine
:)

About Lauretta, it's ok, I understand-you're just a real fan! And, I can't believe you were stalked! Since it was a person from the internet, what did the stalker do exactly?

Hey, I wanted to ask you, on your avatar, is that you? It's real cute!

Nadine

Record Breaker
Hmm... (Off-topic btw, my apologies, will be my last post to this topic)

Don't really want to rehash it again, since my estimate is that someone sooner or later will get stalked on the internet (no lie), but where it becomes dangerous and/or deadly is when s/he goes over the line & next thing you know you read about it on the news.

I will tell you this, though - in retrospect, I think that the aforementioned stalker was some crazed skating fan whom hated Oksana Baiul so much that s/he took in out on the Fans of said skater. That's where that old saying comes in - "fan is one step away from fanatic" (how true). :eek:

By the way, for you youngsters out there, here are some safeguards I'd advise using on the net to guard against stalkers/weirdos/perverts:

1. don't trust anybody no matter what they say (aka name, age, nationality, etc.) - at least until you are absolutely 110% positive that they are whom they say they are - check his/her posting history, check with other posters, do the homework. Though keep in mind one can never be sure s/he is telling the truth. Thus, don't trust anybody.

2. don't give out your email address - don't care if it's your primary one or secondary - never a good idea.

3. avoid PMs - if s/he can't say it on a public message board, then it's not worth it IMHO - of course this doesn't include personal info. type of stuff, which you shouldn't be giving out in the first place. Actually, it is up to the individual to decide how much personal info. to give out to verify one's identity. For example, I post using my real name - Nadine - and occasionally post other factual info. (which I sometimes regret later on, lol).

4. turn off the tracking history radar that allows one to follow you around on the net or a particular MB - cover your tracks so to speak - what the heck is s/he following you around for in the first place! (8^O Btw, this was a specialty of the aforementioned stalker I spoke about originally.

***Note: speaking for myself, though, there's a difference between seeking out certain posters for their enlightened posts, as opposed to following him/her around for some nefarious purpose. And believe me, you will know the difference!***

5. avoid persons whom post under more than one username/alias/identity/etc. - not trustworthy (btw this relates to #1 up above) - no second chances. If s/he was caught once doing this, then it's a sure bet in my book that s/he will do it again (no ifs/whats/buts about it). Obviously has something to hide in my book.

6. avoid chatrooms - these can be traced - even to the point where one can record the session & keep it for some nefarious purpose later on (speaking from experience here as the unknowing victim of some sly/sneaky/cunning perpetrator whom just sat in on the session but didn't say a thing).

7. avoid registering on anything - withhold as much info. as possible - none of their business in the first place. Username & password should be the only things asked for IMHO.

8. be vigilant, on your guard, & enjoy surfing the net! :)

Peace, Love & Bored, Nadine :eek:

P.S. Ice Princess, thanks for your compliment as regards my avatar - it's none other than a favorite female rocker of mine - Miss Courtney Love (taken from her E-True Hollywood Special). :)^)

"There can be no peace without the truth." - Ludwig Van Beethoven
http://images.andale.com/f2/115/106/3632169/1081012695320_courtney_01.gif