Thread: New Here

Back On The Ice

0 Not allowed!

New Here

Hi
    I'm an adult, about ready to get back on the ice and just scoping out some sites for good skating conversation.

Is this a good place to come? or does anyone have any other good spots for an adult returning to the sport?

backontheice

dlksk8fan

0 Not allowed!

Re: New Here

Hi Back On The Ice and welcome to GoldenSkate.

Feel free to join us we are all really harmless and love skating

I'm an adult (40+) who will soon be back on the ice too.

Princess Leppard 625

0 Not allowed!

<span style="colorurple;font-family:georgia;font-size:x-small;">Hi, welcome to Golden Skate! This is a great place to chat about skating.

Let us know how your return to the ice goes.

Cheers,

Laura </span>

Back On The Ice

0 Not allowed!

Cool! thanks for the welcome!
    I'm looking forward to getting back to skating.
    I skated competitively as a teen, several years ago I'm 43, and other life things took over. I've always put off getting back to it, but the passion just won't go away.

I have to check on having my skates stretched around the toes (hopefully they can do that) because the leather is so dry. When I put the boot on OUCH!!

I look forward to talking to other adult skaters.

Kris

sk8er1964

0 Not allowed!

Welcome back to the ice. I was off for 22 years (I'm 3 and returned a year ago. It's an absolute blast skating again, and it's in a lot of ways more fun now than as a kid.

Yes they can stretch skates, but if possible you really should think about getting new ones if you are going to try to regain your skills. Skates have changed quite a bit since the 70's & 80's for the better.

Yurisgirl

0 Not allowed!

Hi, I'm new here myself (but have been lurking a long time). I've found this board to be a pretty good place to get information, so I think you'll like it. Good luck with your skating!