New Skates! | Golden Skate

New Skates!

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
Yep I spent the $$ and got my new skates! I was so tired of my feet hurting that I just couldn't wait any longer. My hubby was kind enough to give me his $ that he had stashed for a new surf board.

I bought Graf-Richmond Specials and the blades are Wilson Coronation ACE- parabolic. I haven't been on the ice yet with them, but they are extremely more comfortable then my SPTeri's!.

If anyone out there has a parabolic blade let me know how you like them.

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
Today I got to use my new skates! I have never owned a pair of skates that didn't take forever to break in. They do feel different, but besides a few pressure points my feet are not in agony! Now I can concentrate of skating better:)

InsigniaEclipse

Rinkside
Hi there! I'm very interested in the new Parabolic blades myself, doo let us know how they feeel when your breaking in period is better ^_^

ouridol

On the Ice
CONGRATS! That's awesome news. I love the feeling of New skates :) I feel like life has a new meaning:D

jesslily

Final Flight
My daughter got a new pair of skates, new boots and new blades. She has skated with them 5 times, around 8 sessions. She can do all the doubles except salcow with the new skates. Is this normal? She said her other jumps get smaller.

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
jesslily-
I'm able to do pretty much everything too (excluding doubles:)). My boots are synthetic and heat moldable and are much more comfortable then my old rock hard SPTeri's.

sk8tngcanuck

On the Ice
Realtor Girl,

My daughter skates in the same skates - Richmond Specials and a new pair of boots for her is $440.00 . She also needs new blades this spring and those are going to run about $270.00. That is of course in CDN funds, so translation for boots and blades in USD is about 538.00.

CassidyL

Rinkside
Also in Canadian dollars.......

I have custom Gams with a few (not many) special options, with taxes- 1010.00

Pattern 99 blades that were close to 670.00 with taxes. I think they are 595.00 or close to that list price.

If my boots could have been bought off the shelf, my basic style would have been about the same as the blades.

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
RealtorGal-
The new boots were $440. and the new blades were $220. Total with tax was a little over $700. Bruce gave me his surf board money ($500) thinking that should buy me a nice new pair, but my old blades which were fine didn't fit the new boots so he had to throw in a few more bucks for the blades:)

Yazmeen

On the Ice
Realtor Gal: Trust me, you don't have to spend that much when you decide to shift out of rentals. Reidell and Jackson make quality boot/blade combos that will only run in the range of $150-275. When did you start skating?

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
Yikes! And here I am, stuck in rental skates.

RealtorGal-I'll sell you my old ones! Like Yazmeen said you can buy a pair for for about $150 or less. A good place to go is Play It Again Sports. While I was there buying my youngest son a wet suit I noticed they sold new ice skates for a good price, perfect for the recreatonal skater.

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Yazmeen & dlkk, that sounds more reasonable to a micro-mini jumper like myself.

Play It Again Sports... Yeah, that's where I got my rollerblades (in Scripps Ranch)! Maybe when school year is over, you could help me pick out a pair!?

Yazmeen, I skated as a child, nothing much, just 2 footed spins, crossovers, waltz jumps. And that's about as much as I ever learned to do, but I can still do those mini moves.

jesslily

Final Flight
My daughter just got a pair of new skakes, Reidall 1500 for girl's size, pattern 99 blades. They cost me total around $850.