Why did Gracie Gold leave so early for the Olympics | Golden Skate

Why did Gracie Gold leave so early for the Olympics

ingofan1

Rinkside
She left almost whole before everyone else and does seem to be for the team event Davis/White just left today.

kresslia

Medalist
Maybe she wants to get a feel for the ice and get to know the rink? Think that's why Patrick Chan left so early.

BusyMom

Medalist
Gracie seems to be very focus and well-prepared. She might be the dark-horse after all.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Maybe she wants to get a feel for the ice and get to know the rink? Think that's why Patrick Chan left so early.

Gold left the the U.S. early to go to Oberstdorf. Carroll and Denis Ten were there with her.

Whether/when Gold already has passed through Team USA processing in Munich, I do not know.

And whether Team Carroll now has moved on to Sochi, I do not know.

louisa05

Final Flight
Gold left the the U.S. early to go to Oberstdorf. Carroll and Denis Ten were there with her.

Whether/when Gold already has passed through Team USA processing in Munich, I do not know.

And whether Team Carroll now has moved on to Sochi, I do not know.

This. I don't think there is any access to the Olympic ice until official practices. Men's begins tomorrow per U.S. Figure Skating's latest tweet.

ice coverage

Record Breaker

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Gracie seems to be very focus and well-prepared. She might be the dark-horse after all.
That's the advantage of having someone like Frank Carroll as her coach. He knows all the ins and outs of getting ready for the Olympics and how to prepare.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I think it's probably just an individual thing and how well people adjust. Jason Brown only left today. But that doesn't mean he won't be in the team event (they'd be nuts to leave him out of it). It might just mean that Kori thinks that the less time he has to get overwhelmed by the occasion, the better.

louisa05

Final Flight