Tatiana Volosozhar & Maxim Trankov | Page 169 | Golden Skate

Tatiana Volosozhar & Maxim Trankov

skatefan02

On the Ice
Didn't realize anything I said was being "dismissive" or "disrespectful" by stating that the law to not allow US citizens to travel to Cuba is silly.

If you can't see the distinction, I'm not going to get into politics with you or argue one way or the other, but just because you, personally, think the law is silly, does not mean there are zero valid reasons for it to exist. By calling it "very silly", what you're implying is that the only correct view is yours (and you do not speak for all Americans).

Alba

Record Breaker
I prefer honesty to always being 100% PC, but believe it or not, there is a difference between stating facts and your personal opinion and being disrespectful or outright dismissive of anyone else's rationale for having a different view.

While we're educating ourselves, it's illegal for anyone with a US passport to enter Cuba, with very few exceptions such as via an educational tour group. It's called "politics", not "propaganda". :disapp:

I don't understand what you are talking about. I asked if it was because of the propaganda that US residents didn't go there or was there a law. So JCSKIZZLE explained to me that there is actually a law, which I know it's because of "politics".
In anycase, a government so-called democratic has no business to tell me where to go on vacation, and yes it is silly.

And of course there are a lot of russian tourists because these two countries share political ideology

There are many italians as well and they don't share the same political ideology.

Alba

Record Breaker
If you can't see the distinction, I'm not going to get into politics with you or argue one way or the other, but just because you, personally, think the law is silly, does not mean there are zero valid reasons for it to exist. By calling it "very silly", what you're implying is that the only correct view is yours (and you do not speak for all Americans).

Of course it's his/her opinion. Like its yours and mine. I was not expecting the opinions of all Americans. :)

JCSKIZZLE

On the Ice

No I understand the reasons. Nor did I say any other opinion was not just. I only stated mine. I see why people think the US political stance is right and that's fine. I don't think it's wrong for you to think that way as it's YOUR opinion. I just would like to one day visit a very beautiful country that's been held back from technology (YES, I understand why) for 40 years. I hear it's a beautiful place and just bc I don't believe in their political ideals doesn't mean I don't appreciate the other aspects of its culture. Let's not get into a political discussion that aside from the fact I want to visit there, I don't think we think much differently on the topic :)

Back to V/T, what do you think they are doing today? Beach? Sailing?

annafer

On the Ice
Guys/girls I'm all for freedom of speech and all, as you noticed the previous days, but really, talking politics in a thread about Tanya and Max :sarcasm:

kinoriH

Final Flight
Guys/girls I'm all for freedom of speech and all, as you noticed the previous days, but really, talking politics in a thread about Tanya and Max :sarcasm:

:bow: thank you! You should all take example from Tanya & Max. ;) They never let politics interfere in their relationship. And they could, considering the recent tension between Russia-Ukraine.
CHILL OUT,PEOPLE. It's not healthy. ;)

Alba

Record Breaker

You are right and I'm sorry. I just made a question which was not about politics but it turned out to be about politics. :laugh:

:bow: thank you! You should all take example from Tanya & Max. ;) They never let politics interfere in their relationship. And they could, considering the recent tension between Russia-Ukraine.

She has russian origins. :biggrin:

kinoriH

Final Flight
You are right and I'm sorry. I just made a question which was not about politics but it turned out to be about politics. :laugh:

She has russian origins. :biggrin:

Still, she was born in Ukraine, that's where she was raised.
But I'm NOT going to get into this. This thread is about V/T only. Not politics/religion/beliefs etc.
We all come from different countries and may not share the same opinions, but this is not the place to discuss it. Is it really too hard to leave the disagreements out of this thread and concentrate on the positive things instead? :rolleye: :eek:hwell:

JCSKIZZLE

On the Ice
Back to my original question, what do you think they're up to today? Are there fun things to do there? Though I imagine after their schedule all I'd want to do is bask in the sun for days! :cool:

orangella96

Final Flight
Back to my original question, what do you think they're up to today? Are there fun things to do there? Though I imagine after their schedule all I'd want to do is bask in the sun for days! :cool:

Subtle change of the subject. I like that ;)
I for myself would lay on the beach all day drinking cocktails :laugh: Have a swim in between maybe, but otherwise just laying in the sun :cool:
But I've just read that there are mainly 4- and 5-Star Hotels.(at least Varadero) So they have at least a nice location.
Otherwise it just seems to be beaches.

mttvonice

On the Ice
The last thing I want to do is continue this political discussion......so let me just say this.

I deeply regret starting the whole "Cuba drama" with my vacation question. I knew better, and I broke my own rule of completely staying away from anything remotely political, and for that, I apologize. With the international flavor of this forum, I have cringed many times at things that some posters have said about other posters' countries and their governments and the assumptions that are made about so many things. I think it would do us all some good, and it would definitely save this thread from losing anymore posters than it already has, if we would all think about what we want to say before we start typing. Is what I'm going to say going to possibly offend someone else here? It would save us all from having a repeat of what's been going on here the last couple of days.

We're all here because we're fans of V/T. Keeping that focus should not be that hard, and it should definitely help.

skatefan02

On the Ice
I asked if it was because of the propaganda

I hope you realize by phrasing a question as "propaganda", you automatically dismissed the possibility of any valid rationale for a different view other than a political one as one for gullible fools, even before you received any response.

We all come from different countries and may not share the same opinions, but this is not the place to discuss it. Is it really too hard to leave the disagreements out of this thread and concentrate on the positive things instead? :rolleye: :eek:hwell:
If we're being precise, Tanya was born in the Soviet Union, which became Ukraine in 1990. But yes, all we're asking is for everyone to be respectful of everyone else, regardless of what your own views might be.

I don't think we'll get any photos until they're back. A big plus for a Caribbean vacation is the chance to disconnect from the world (internet and social media) and unwind. The big question is, will Max find Varadero more exciting than the DR? :biggrin: The photos look gorgeous, but it looked like a high end resort town?

skatefan02

On the Ice
To get things back on track, here are some of the best fan cams from ATS:
V/T in the closing montage:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOUrPPIgCjI

Best finale with close-ups of Tanya and Max (Max is harder to recognize, but Tanya you can tell by her bun):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBwlFScKxUc

Tanya and Max on the big screen during Yuna's speech (around 3 minutes):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fptKCFNwPyk

Here's the cast list for Artistry on Ice, thanks to justastro. Looks like Plushy, Johnny Weir and V/M are going to show up as well:
http://item.damai.cn/65121.html

ntk87

On the Ice
There are many italians as well and they don't share the same political ideology.

I didn't say otherwise, it's only a fact:)

In Varadero you can of course enjoy the beach, there are a lot of excursions to "Los Cayos", that are little paradise islands. They can swim with dolphins and there are a lot of discos and a lot of #partyhard:laugh:

orangella96

Final Flight
Here's the cast list for Artistry on Ice, thanks to justastro. Looks like Plushy, Johnny Weir and V/M are going to show up as well:
http://item.damai.cn/65121.html

Wow, I'm surprised Evgeni is going to be there.
So they have three shows left they're going to perform in. I'm excited to see what they'll perform there :yes:

#partyhard:laugh:
:thumbsup: Just the right thing for them.

skatefan02

On the Ice
Wow, I'm surprised Evgeni is going to be there.
So they have three shows left they're going to perform in. I'm excited to see what they'll perform there :yes:

The listing says there will be some musical guests, so maybe they will have something new like they did for Art on Ice. :) Hopefully, both the Artistry on Ice and Fantasy on Ice shows will be broadcast on TV.

orangella96

Final Flight
The listing says there will be some musical guests, so maybe they will have something new like they did for Art on Ice. :) Hopefully, both the Artistry on Ice and Fantasy on Ice shows will be broadcast on TV.

That would be really great. Yes, a broadcast would give us the opportunity to see that in high quality again.
Let's hope for the best :)

Alba

Record Breaker
But I'm NOT going to get into this. This thread is about V/T only. Not politics/religion/beliefs etc.

I was kidding, cheer up. ;) I was not discussing any politics. I made a question to mttvonice out of curiosity about something I didn't know, and it turned into politics.

I hope you realize by phrasing a question as "propaganda", you automatically dismissed the possibility of any valid rationale for a different view other than a political one as one for gullible fools, even before you received any response.

No I don't actually. I made a simple question, is it about propaganda, so that people might fear to go there, or was a law involved?! I got the answer, it's a law, and the discussion was closed there. You are the one who turned this discussion about politics.

p.s. By the way, Propaganda can have valid reasons to exist also. The TV news and newspapers are full of it everywhere, so no I did not automatically dismissed the possibility of any valid rationale for a different view.

I hope we can close this discussion here because this is not the place. If you want we can continue in private or in another topic. :)

Back on topic.

@All: Since V&T are my fav. pairs, are there updates about them continue and for how long?

orangella96

Final Flight
I was kidding, cheer up. ;) I was not discussing any politics. I made a question to mttvonice out of curiosity about something I didn't know, and it turned into politics.
@All: Since V&T are my fav. pairs, are there updates about them continue and for how long?

Well, I wasn't answering to your post I think, but okay ;)
I think we just completely close that theme off now and all is right in the world :yes:

Well, they said they'd try to continue up to the Olympics 2018. As for next season they've confirmed that they'll skate some GP events. :)