Tatiana Volosozhar & Maxim Trankov | Page 204 | Golden Skate

Tatiana Volosozhar & Maxim Trankov

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
Oh, my!
You're right and too, some of us who are reasonably intelligent (and I include myself in that group!!) , are not always sure which is the FIRST and which is the LAST name! Kim Yuna. Her last name is Kim and her first name is Yuna, right? Or have I embarrassed myself even though I am not wearing a gold dress!

Yes, Yuna is her first name. It's quite embarassing because usually mass-media can't agree in what order their write Asian names - European order (Yuna Kim) or Asian order (Kim Yuna). Consequence would be nice :) If it makes the thing a little bit easier, Chinese surnames are usually monosyllabic - ZHAO Hongbo, LI Zijun, SUI Wenjing. Obviously, this rule works when first name is polysyllabic what is not always (like: ZHANG Hao, ZHANG Dan, SHEN Xue, HAN Cong but YAN Han). It can be quite embarassing.
By the way, if we are talking about Chinese, I looked at this article about Tania and Max and it's really difficult, no surprise that Google Translate was lost :p

I just don't know how many times I must have seen that program till now. I'm addicted.

Today they had one session, in the morning. They worked on the step sequence, throws and lifts.

Me, too. It is one of the most wonderful, splendid, gorgoeus, magnificent, superb, terrific... you know what I mean, programs I have ever seen.
Do you know anything about twist lift? Somebody supposed here thet it is the element they are struggling with and I agree with him/her.

Alba

Record Breaker
Me, too. It is one of the most wonderful, splendid, gorgoeus, magnificent, superb, terrific... you know what I mean, programs I have ever seen.
Do you know anything about twist lift? Somebody supposed here thet it is the element they are struggling with and I agree with him/her.

No just lifts, without forcing, throws and step sequence. Today though Max war very nervous. Tatiana has the patience of a saint. :laugh:

Nessie

On the Ice
No just lifts, without forcing, throws and step sequence. Today though Max war very nervous. Tatiana has the patience of a saint. :laugh:

Interesting. We're lucky to have these reports on what they are working on -- thank your friends for us. And thanks to you too! Yes, Tanya is patient and sometimes the wisest of the two. When Maxim was almost overcome by their excellent performance at the Olympics, in the long program, and what it meant to him (and Tanya was also greatly moved), it was SHE who pulled herself together first, and took his hand and led them off the ice.

kinoriH

Final Flight
They are working on throw 3F. :yay:

ok this is really exciting! i think Tanya may be the only pair skater who can land 3 different throws in competition... Of course many pairs tried to do this in the past but none of them was as consistant as v/t.

Alba- do you know in which program they're putting the 3F?

Alba

Record Breaker
ok this is really exciting! i think Tanya may be the only pair skater who can land 3 different throws in competition... Of course many pairs tried to do this in the past but none of them was as consistant as v/t.

Alba- do you know in which program they're putting the 3F?

They were working on the short only, but I don't know if the 3F is in the SP or they were just working on it.

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
They were working on the short only, but I don't know if the 3F is in the SP or they were just working on it.

Well, I suppose it would be the most efficient if they left 3Lo in their short program (as they have only one throw there and Tania is very confident on this jump) and add 3F+3Lo in free skating.

I really hope they will do 3+3 combination one time :)

No just lifts, without forcing, throws and step sequence. Today though Max war very nervous. Tatiana has the patience of a saint.

Thanks ;) Tania seems to to has an easy-going manner. Max even said once that her character suits him so well because Maria was as "difficult" as him :)

starlight97

Final Flight
Do you think they will ever do a quadruple anything?
I know that they've been asked this question, and that Max said he is too concerned for Tanya's safety to try that, but do you think he will change his mind?
I know that she said that she would be willing to try it if Max was (this fits the easy going character you just mentioned very well :D ).
So, since I think a quad throw is indeed extremely dangerous, especially with the height these two have and how far he hurls her, maybe a quad twist? I mean he would have the chance to kinda catch her there if it goes wrong, wouldn't he?

HermioneG

On the Ice
Do you think they will ever do a quadruple anything?
I know that they've been asked this question, and that Max said he is too concerned for Tanya's safety to try that, but do you think he will change his mind?
I know that she said that she would be willing to try it if Max was (this fits the easy going character you just mentioned very well :D ).
So, since I think a quad throw is indeed extremely dangerous, especially with the height these two have and how far he hurls her, maybe a quad twist? I mean he would have the chance to kinda catch her there if it goes wrong, wouldn't he?
I don't think - Tanya's right leg is rather injured (so I think quad thows are impossible) and Max's shoulder is injured (so I don't think they'll try quad twist)

svetik

On the Ice
Alba, thank you so much for all information. I'm glad, V/T are working on 3F, as they have stopped doing it during competitions because of Tanya's injury. As for Tanya's patience,I think, Maxim is very lucky to have Tanya as a partner!
Starlight97, I don't think, V/T are going to do quad throw or twist, not just because of injuries, I remember, Maxim saying in one of the interviews about not wanting to to them, he said, if pair skating start relying on quad throws and twists, they'd retire, as this is going to kill pair skating and it's beauty.
There's a video of AOI Finale in Taipei http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcsGp8mpKgM

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
Starlight97, I don't think, V/T are going to do quad throw or twist, not just because of injuries, I remember, Maxim saying in one of the interviews about not wanting to to them, he said, if pair skating start relying on quad throws and twists, they'd retire, as this is going to kill pair skating and it's beauty.

Yeah, that's it. According to Maxim, quad jumps made by women are just ugly, they are good for men and even that not always. I think he's right and if they make flip I really don't see anybody to compete with them. Stolbova and Klimov didn't change thier jumps for ages (well, they switched lutz to flip), I can't see them making quad and definitely not a quad twist as they are struggling with triple. And I think Nina Mozer shares the idea of perfect figure skating with Max so I don't believe they would pracise them. Plus, Ksenia is quite inconstant in case of landing her thow jumps. The only ones to make quad jump, I suppose, are two Chinese pairs but their quality of elements and lack of consistency is their strong disadvantage (well, I have nothing against Tania/Max on a top of podium with Wenjing/Han placing second :p podium of dreams :D).

Quad twist would be nice, however his injury make it's harder. It would be great advantage for their base value. Wenjing and Cong for their quad twist on first level and middling GOE had 8.67 at 4CC this year while Tania and Max for perfect triple twist (ONLY 3 in GOE) on fourth level at the Olympics - 8.30.

starlight97

Final Flight
@LittleLotte29
Yes, you're totally right, like I said, I wouldn't want to see them doing a quad throw.
I also do not think that they need a quad to win in any way....we all saw it last season, even if they are not perfect, while the other teams are, they still win... I mean, it took Tatiana missing BOTH of her jumps for another team to finish ahead of them!!

I just would love to see it in a competition ( executed well and looking good, that's why the Chinese team's doesn't really "count" for me if you know what I mean, don't get me wrong here, please. They are great. )
and I think they are the only pair (ever) who could make that happen :)
But I understand Max so let's just leave it then.

Oh and a quick word about Ksenia's individual jumps- I think they are amazing!! On her double Axel she get's SO much height that she often is higher than Klimov, and while Tanya and Max shine as a couple, to me, Ksenia is the one who stands out in her partnership in a positive way.

Birlajs

Spectator
@LittleLotte29
Yes, you're totally right, like I said, I wouldn't want to see them doing a quad throw.
I also do not think that they need a quad to win in any way....we all saw it last season, even if they are not perfect, while the other teams are, they still win... I mean, it took Tatiana missing BOTH of her jumps for another team to finish ahead of them!!

I just would love to see it in a competition ( executed well and looking good, that's why the Chinese team's doesn't really "count" for me if you know what I mean, don't get me wrong here, please. They are great. )
and I think they are the only pair (ever) who could make that happen :)
But I understand Max so let's just leave it then.

Oh and a quick word about Ksenia's individual jumps- I think they are amazing!! On her double Axel she get's SO much height that she often is higher than Klimov, and while Tanya and Max shine as a couple, to me, Ksenia is the one who stands out in her partnership in a positive way.

Ksenia's individual jumps are amazing, her 2a especially, it's better than many ladies singles skaters even! And even though I love S/K as a pair and wish them all the best, I kinda get the feeling that she outshines him (that's another thing that makes V/T so good, they're at the same level), also S/K's throws and twists aren't very high... but now that they have upgraded their twist to a triple I hope the execution gets better.

Alba

Record Breaker

Ksenia's sbs jumps are some of the best in business for me and her 2A as you said. :yes:

Plus, Ksenia is quite inconstant in case of landing her thow jumps.

This was a year before. In the last year they were great in almost all competitions.
In the trainings during all these days in Italy they haven't missed a single element. Full of energy and rock solid.
They will only improve. Just look the huge difference they made this last season in comparison with the previous year. Unbelievable.

I love them tbh, and Ksenia is stunning. Fedor is her perfect partner. They are completely different from V&T, and Russia are so lucky to have both of them. :)

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
I also do not think that they need a quad to win in any way....we all saw it last season, even if they are not perfect, while the other teams are, they still win...

I don't think they can lost lead of 18 points during few months. At least I hope so :D The same reason they couldn't win with Savchenko/Szolkowy in season 2011/2012 if both teams skated well and S/S didn't have such a dominance.

I mean, it took Tatiana missing BOTH of her jumps for another team to finish ahead of them!!

...and it took them failing on 3 of their 4 jumping elements for S/K skating almost flawlessly to finish HALF OF POINT ahead of them (in free skating).

executed well and looking good, that's why the Chinese team's doesn't really "count" for me if you know what I mean, don't get me wrong here, please. They are great.

Yeah, I feel sooooo offended because not everybody loves Chinese team :D I'm gonna cry ;)
And seriously, Sui/Han's throw triple jumps, if executed well, are gorgoeus. Almost as gorgoeus as our favourite pair's ones :)
Their 3F. Look at their difficult entry, I was quite astonished that their GOE wasn't higher. And their quad salchow. Not bad here. They are in synchro, nice lifts, good spins, great throw jumps - but the problem is in GOE, their lack of finesse (and not only) which just makes quite impossible for them to even try to win with Tania and Max. I really hope that they become strong rivals for Ksenia and Fedor at least.
Tania's jumps, if done well, are simply amazing. Splendid. She's got great rotation, wonderful landing, posture, timing, everything.
Just look at it!. It's unbelievable. Such a control, such a height, such a speed, such a length! Can you imagine that one of judges gave them 0 in GOE? Oh, I know, Max fell down, but it's not "inside" jump. And here's loop. It's so clean, no doubts about it. Or here. It looks so easy, as if she made a double. Salchow again. Her jumps are so absolutely and utterly perfect that it just could be used as a textbook.

I know it's awful but I don't like Ksenia and Fedor, they are so... unrefined. Good artisans. As much as I really like Fedor, his appearance, his technique, I dislike Ksenia as well. She always seems to be "the more important one". And in this sport I don't think it's a great advantage, I mean pair skating is "stereotypical", that is why people love it so much ;) Stories about gentle women carried in men's arms... So romantic. So difficult. So admirable. I mean nothing wrong, it is just my feeling.

Alba

Record Breaker
It's unbelievable. Such a control, such a height, such a speed, such a length! Can you imagine that one of judges gave them 0 in GOE? Oh, I know, Max fell down, but it's not "inside" jump.

That was really pathetic. Yes, Max fell down and they took a point deduction but the fall was out of the element.:mad:

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
but now that they have upgraded their twist to a triple I hope the execution gets better.

What do you mean by now? They have upgraded it last season.

This was a year before. In the last year they were great in almost all competitions

I didnit say they hadn't been great, I said that she has problems with landing her throws.
SA: problems with flip (FS)
CoR: problems with flip (SP)
Worlds: problems with flip (FS)
Olympics: problems with both throw jumps (in both she touched ice with a free leg, slightly in salchow and clearly in flip if you don't believe and NO JUDGE noticed it (I don't say that they should have had negative GOE, definietly not).

I think they were overscored in Sochi. Their performance was nice, indeed, very good, but guys, 143? Seriously? At the begining of th season for performance without any mistakes they got something like 130. Now - 13 points more.

Alba

Record Breaker
For me they had the best free in Sochi, but that's just me maybe.
They might have been overscored in Sochi, but so were Tatiana and Max, and they also had a lot of problems in their Free during the year, and in the Olympics.
Many skater do get overscored, especially in the Olympic and when they are from the hosting country. They had a huge improvement and the judges rewarded that.
The important thing is that both pairs won fair and square. ;)