Tatiana Volosozhar & Maxim Trankov | Page 207 | Golden Skate

Tatiana Volosozhar & Maxim Trankov

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
Everything is part of the Choreography. Even the tech elements like jumps, throws, twist etc., are part of the layout, but transitions/linking footwork and movement are scored separately in the PCS section, along with the rest, and they have various and different criteria.

Please, I know all of those definitions you wrote but you still didn't write why S/K were better.
Every PCS element is connected. If you have godd transition, you have good choreography. If the transitions are based on steps and innovative linking elements, you achieve quality design of a program, equal weight of each part of a program (because more difficult transition to precede an element are steps and if you have steps through all the program, you don't divide "technical part" and "artistic part"), purposeful threading of all movements (crossovers cannot be motivated by music), utilization of personal and public space (steps are usually multidirectional), phrasing and form (neither phrases no forms in crossovers), pattern (interesting and meaningful variety of patterns
and directions) or originality of purpose, movement and design (crossovers are not original at all).
Good choreography - Julie Marcotte is definitely a very good choreographer - includes all of PCS features. It just can't be very good at on point and bad at other. S/K SP choreography is very empty, focused on making one element after another.

So the point is, you do not deserve loads of 10's for that.

Why?

Purpose - to tell the story about Jesus and Mary Magdalene.
Proportion - quite good, twist, both sbs jumps, death spiral and sbs spin in first part of the program. Every change of music filled with more or less the same amount of elements.
Unity - good timing, every elemnt motivated by music, all parts seem necessary to the whole program, there is clearly an underlying vision
Utilization of Personal and Public Space - multidirectional skating, "connected" with onlooker,
Pattern and Ice Coverage - very good ice coverage and variety of patterns
Phrasing and Form - fluency, phrasing of program suits phrasing of music
Originality of Purpose, Movement, and Design - staying in one place for 20 second may be odd but who said that it is not original and creative composition? And for sur there is the underlying vision and program is inspired by music
Shared Responsibility of Purpose - really good unity

In what point the choreography doesn't meet requirements?

Interpretation:
Timing - here, here or here you can see that they have brilliant timing. And here it's even perfect
Expression of the music’s style, character, and rhythm = moves suit rhytm, they express the intent of the music, good harmony
Use of finesse to reflect the nuances of music - like here, here or here.
Relationship between the partners reflecting the character of the music - do I have to explain this point?

In what point the interpretation doesn't meet requirements?

You're convinced that D&R were robbed by S&K

No by S/K, by judges. In SP, yes. In FS, not really.

The judges and many other people - who think otherwise - can't change what you think/see, and viceversa.
So who am I to even think I can do better here?!

Mao Asada was robbed of PCS whole her career, especially when Yuna was in the game (I'm Yuna's fan, don't shout :p). Tatsuki Machida didn't get proper PCS until his preformance at Worlds. Bobrova/Soloviev were also constantly out of PCS when Ilinykh/Katsalapov were also competitors (their - oh my, next Morozov's work - "Swan Lake" was middling at very best, nice to watch though). Anna Pogorilaya's PCS was underestimated in Saitama in order to allow Carolina to stand on a podium. Not to tell about Adelina's PCS in Sochi.
IMO, some judges think about PCS like about points for artistic impression in 6.0 system.

If anyone was perhaps overscored, it was S&S.

They had two mistakes but their other elements were on a great level. Do you think Pang/Tong should be on a podium (I'm just asking:D)

I have to disagree on the Addams family music. Moser surely wanted a program for S/K that would separate them 100% from V&T but the music was a little TOO lightweight for the Olympics.

"My question is - would you choose something what is cute at the Olympics?" like Michelle Kwan said about S/S' SP.
It's neither Mozer's nor Kapranova's program. It is Alexander Stepin's program, their former choreographer, terrific choreographer I must admit. They performed it two seasons ago and they had a new program last season which they abandoned because of Fedor's injury.

Maggie

Rinkside
Yours is a much better translation than what is posted on the Instagram -- thanks!

I don't have an instagram account and when I search I get many different sites for Tanya, which is her correct site, please.
I can`t believe it is 6 months since their gold medal. And I still watch the videos. I think I am bordering on Tanya/Max addiction!!! I watch others also but they are my favourite.

saray

Rinkside
tati is such a sweet person, she posted that photo thanking everyone in her team and her fans. i can't believe 6 months passed, i remember their victory as if it was yesterday.

@Maggie
tati's insta is fire_bird

Nessie

On the Ice
Maxim just posted this on IG. If anyone could translate it'd be nice.. :)
http://instagram.com/p/rpGAhnuVdE/?modal=true

Using Bing translator, it seems some woman is asking for some kind of help – for her daughter? Also named Tatiana? I don’t know if it is legitimate, but if Max posted the request on his Instagram, he must think it is. But others can perhaps tell us precisely what’s going on.

I also cannot tell what city they are visiting? That too would be nice to know – is that Tanya’s mother in the back seat?

kinoriH

Final Flight
I also cannot tell what city they are visiting? That too would be nice to know – is that Tanya’s mother in the back seat?

it's Maxim's mom, Valentina. she's probably visiting him since he's back home. i find this picture so cute, as if they are all one big family (even dexter is there!)

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
Good day, Maxim! Me and my daughter Tatiana ask you for help. Tatiana has to take the second rehabilitation in China. Couldn't you post this information on your Instagram account? As we have only a little help from government, we hope to get help from people who aren't indifferent to our problem. All the medical documents you are on Instagram and on our group on vk: http://vk.com/club69236796. Thank you in advance.

Something like that, at least :D

Nessie

On the Ice
Thanks, Little Lotte29 and Kinori H. Max's mother is prettier than the few other pictures I've seen, so I thought it was Tanya's mother.

Moscow! Okay!.... they do look like a big happy family indeed....

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
Thanks, Little Lotte29 and Kinori H. Max's mother is prettier than the few other pictures I've seen, so I thought it was Tanya's mother. Moscow! Okay!.... they do look like a big happy family indeed....

You're welcome :) Yeah, they do.

svetik

On the Ice
Yes, it's photo from Moscow. Maxim wrote Mom, Tanechka, which is sweet name for Tanya and Dexik. They went to Sports Palace.

Nessie

On the Ice
Max has posted so much!! He seems in such good spirits (this is NOT a dull and boring guy....) and it makes me happy that he's happy. I think his love for life just made my day....

Maggie

Rinkside
Max has posted so much!! He seems in such good spirits (this is NOT a dull and boring guy....) and it makes me happy that he's happy. I think his love for life just made my day....

I agree Nessie. So nice to see them relaxing and enjoying family time before next season is in full swing.

Maggie

Rinkside
tati is such a sweet person, she posted that photo thanking everyone in her team and her fans. i can't believe 6 months passed, i remember their victory as if it was yesterday.

@Maggie
tati's insta is fire_bird

Many thanks, Saray

Nessie

On the Ice
Does anybody know what Max is saying in his recent IG vid? I get from all the comments that it's someting rather funny..
http://instagram.com/p/rp0nYhOVaJ/?modal=true

thanks in advance! (I should really start learning russian..)

oi vay, i'm gonna' faint. How does Tati stand it?? Doesn't she just want to spend every second snuggling with and wrapping herself around this guy!
Oh, my my my. Phew! Is it hot in here or is it me?