Tatiana Volosozhar & Maxim Trankov | Page 210 | Golden Skate

Tatiana Volosozhar & Maxim Trankov

Strings4him

Spectator
Hi everyone! I've never posted anything before, but I've read this forum for a long time. I'm glad to know there are other people who love V/T as much as I do. I can't help but be mesmerized by them! They are such a beautiful couple both on and off the ice.

Anyways, I need your help. I have been looking for the video of Tanya and Max backstage at Sochi right after they skated their FS. In the video, a lady is talking with Max about how he wanted to move to Ukraine just to skate with Tanya. Also in the video, Max watches S/S make a pretty big mistake on the monitor. THEN, they realize they've won gold and they celebrate!! I can't find it anywhere. I know it has been posted on this thread before, but I still can't seem to find it.

Thanks!

kinoriH

Final Flight
So, I found most of the video from V/T backstage, but I still can't find the long video with the lady talking with them and when Max watches S/S fall on the little monitor. Does anyone have a link?

I know what videos you mean (those are 2 different ones i think). i have them saved on my VK account so I'll post linkks later. :)

Welcome to the thread BTW! ;)

Devochka

Rinkside

Nessie

On the Ice
Stas' face at the K&C. :laugh: (Didn't know he was their coach!)
Max just can't stop speaking throughout the whole performance.. love his reaction to the fall though. He's so into it. You could really sense how bad he felt for them and for Evgenia especially. I truely think he'd make a great coach/choreographer. :)

Oh dear, that was a really bad fall and of course a bad skate. How can one not feel terrible for both – she took the brunt of the accident though at least she landed on her “bum” which is why humans have bums! But Vladimir takes it very hard too, doesn’t he, as it was his error that caused the fall. In West Orange, they were practicing their lifts over and over in the large hall outside of the rink before their practice began. She’s actually prettier than she looks in this video – her eye make-up here is a tiny bit strong for such a sweet young face.

Their performance here is quite bloodless, which again, as we have noted in the past, is a matter of confidence. Having athletic ability is one thing, the ability to take it to the next level, to make skating art, will come with time. I wish them all the best.

And if you hadn’t mentioned that it was Max who was commenting, I wouldn’t have realized it! I had to go back and listen again, and of course then I recognized the voice.

I wonder if Morozov is a rather common name in Russian? We have Stas, we have Nikolai and now Valdimir here.

Oh, and welcome to the new posters, welcome, welcome! (When exactly was the Russian Nationals? )

svetik

On the Ice
Nessie, yes, Morozov is common surname in Russia. I feel sorry for Evgenia, as it was nasty fall from the lift and Maxim said, they have got a proverb in pair skating saying you can die, but I have to keep holding your partner. That video was from last December.Robin Szolkowy is going to consult Tarasova/Morozov. It'll be interested to see their programs choreographed by Maxim. According to Vladimir Morozov, they didn't have a choreographer, that's why Maxim agreed to help.
Welcome to the thread, Strings4him!

mhelliknee

Rinkside

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
When exactly was the Russian Nationals?

The end of December, exactly 24–27 December 2013 in Sochi.

I really want to see Maxim's choreography but on the other hand I'm afraid it's a little bit "Morozov-like" :p I hope not. Tania once said about him that he has truly great imagination and most of their music choices were his ideas. Good for him then, I like most of their music.

saray

Rinkside
the fall is terrible and max made a good point that you can die but stil support the partner, which vladimir did not do. it is comprehensible though because he's young and inexperienced.
Is this the one you're looking for?
https://vk.com/video229764415_168166321
thank you! this is the video Strings4him was looking, the woman is Tatiana Tarasova famos russian coach.

is hard to understand this dislike for morozov's coreography, all the programs v/t had are beautiful with original moves. i do hope max learned from him and added his personal notes.

Nessie

On the Ice
The end of December, exactly 24–27 December 2013 in Sochi.

I really want to see Maxim's choreography but on the other hand I'm afraid it's a little bit "Morozov-like" :p I hope not. Tania once said about him that he has truly great imagination and most of their music choices were his ideas. Good for him then, I like most of their music.

Thanks re dates of Russian nationals!
I agree that Max seems to have a good imagination – his Instagram posts are NEVER dull. But that’s what concerns me a bit about Max. I’m probably ridiculous to be thinking in such terms, but how long will skating be his life and his world? In time, I think he will need greater stimulation. As his career in skating ended, Anton Sikharulidze found a place for himself in government, and maybe Max might go in that direction. What if he were to be, in time, appointed President of the Institute of Sport or some organization that dares new approaches in athletic training? Yvon Chouinard, the great French climber and mountaineer, started Pategonia. His highly successful company has made inroads in developing fabrics that are useful, innovative and friendly to the environment. He is a businessman with a conscience. I don’t think Max really likes being told what to do, so I suspect his direction will be one where he has maximum independence and freedom.

Anyway, I’m probably an idiot to be thinking so far ahead. They only got the Gold medal six months ago, but some day I think Max will be able to “write his own ticket” as to what he wants to do with his life. And I will be surprised if he doesn’t make some kind of lasting mark.

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
is hard to understand this dislike for morozov's coreography, all the programs v/t had are beautiful with original moves. i do hope max learned from him and added his personal notes.

I hope not. "All the v/t/ programs" are beautiful because Tania and Max are brilliant skaters who can "sell" every program they have and perform it in such a way that everybody admires them. They have grace, they have charm, they have amazing technical abilities and still have programs below their potential. Even Alba agree with me at this point ;)

Nikolai Morozov make empty choreography, there are no original moves and poor transitions. His choreographies are mediocre, at very best. They sometimes meet the requirements, though, not always, these ones for Tania and Max do. Good for them but it still doesn't make Morozov a splendid choreographer. Tania and Max unfortunantely don't have any program of different choreographer, but compare these two of Daisuke Takahashi:

Phantom of the Opera by Morozov:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2mAFFczMLU

La Strada by Camerlengo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkl5k9j0aNo

In PotO even the spins aren't the greates possible ones, he doesn't push the story, he just flap his hands (and does it great, it's Daisuke). In La Strada he tells his own story, his own interpretation, you can feel every note of this music, a really difficult music to interpret and not to make it cliche or funny.
Morozov's choreographies are not original, are not innovative and are not good from the very "sporty" point of view. He's just not creative, he has one recipe for succes and repeats it every choreography. He makes very empty choreographies, with stoppages in a middle of a program (each program, not only JCHS). His choreographies are good when made for actors (Daisuke, Alena Leonova, Tania and Max, Elena and Nikita). And when not for the actors, this is the result:

Pang/Tong 2012/2013 SP:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NVcgDu_S4s

There is actually no choreography at all, except of the step sequence and the beginnig. No creative entries, no creative exits, spins positions are middling and her positions during the lift is neglectful. Actually, there is no choreography. I complained there in S/K choreography aren't many steps, well here aren't any steps and any linkng elements.

Another "great" choreography made by Morozov:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZEdnNrSThk
Davankova/Deputat's SP - well, there are some turns and nice position at the end it is the whole choreography. No transitions, no different entries, no different exits. Crossovers, elements, turn, crossovers, element.

To be fair, I must admit that I like all of Tania and Max' programs. And I really like this program:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNB79ZePAFo, but I'm afraid, that Morozov only made it and that was Lyudmila Vlasova who helped them to refine it.

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
As his career in skating ended, Anton Sikharulidze found a place for himself in government, and maybe Max might go in that direction.

Hahaha, Max for president! But you may be right. ;)

Tania is repeating that she wants to have family and children, you know, nice house, a dog :) It suits her, doesn't it? And they once said that they want to have their own skating school. Max is also hip-hop's fan and I heard rumors he's writing the music on his own.
The Taiwanese pair skater, Amanda Sunyouto-Yang is now orthodont. Meryl Davis studies cultural anthropology. Michelle Kwan is a public diplomacy ambassador, she worked with Joe Biden. Since 2012 she is a State Department senior adviser for public diplomacy and public affairs. She dubbed a little part in Mulan II, took part in a few movies and has her own computer game. I suppose she has a career everybody dreams about :D

starlight97

Final Flight
Yes this family like life really suits Tanya! She'd make a great mum (from the tiny bit I can tell) she has a very calm and patient, forgiving, loving nature.

When is the like "end date" in pais skating? At what age do pairs usually retire? Because they are in their late twenties right? Or isn't Max already 30 or something?
Just wondering for how much longer we'll be likely to see them compete

Nessie

On the Ice
Yes this family like life really suits Tanya! She'd make a great mum (from the tiny bit I can tell) she has a very calm and patient, forgiving, loving nature.

When is the like "end date" in pais skating? At what age do pairs usually retire? Because they are in their late twenties right? Or isn't Max already 30 or something?
Just wondering for how much longer we'll be likely to see them compete

I'd be surprised if they compete past the next Olympics, 2018. They need to, at some point, leave room for the up- and coming skaters....

Maggie

Rinkside
I just wish them all the best. 2018 would be wonderful as a goal if they can remain injury free. IMO their most important and valuable achievement / medal is their personal relationship.They are very wise to keep it private as much as possible. Recently I saw a picture of Tati and it was listed as "celebrity" . I felt sad. They are not tabloid celebrities . They are highly skilled, trained and gifted professionals .

Nessie

On the Ice
I just wish them all the best. 2018 would be wonderful as a goal if they can remain injury free. IMO their most important and valuable achievement / medal is their personal relationship.They are very wise to keep it private as much as possible. Recently I saw a picture of Tati and it was listed as "celebrity" . I felt sad. They are not tabloid celebrities . They are highly skilled, trained and gifted professionals .

Excellent comment. Very true.

I'm not even convinced that they will make it to 2018. That is, they have achieved their goal. Do they really need a 2nd gold medal? Perhaps they do, but 2018 is pretty far off...

starlight97

Final Flight
Excellent comment. Very true.

I'm not even convinced that they will make it to 2018. That is, they have achieved their goal. Do they really need a 2nd gold medal? Perhaps they do, but 2018 is pretty far off...

Yes. And we know how rapid FS is, and what a difference one single year can make! I mean everybody thought Liza and Adelina would go to Sochi for years. .then Liza just disappeared last season.
Things like that.... and all the skaters also say : I don't think further than next season.
And frankly said you can't really plan further.
One lift where he slips, or one throw gone really wrong, or even just a ligament injury while warming up could kinda turn it all around.