Tatiana Volosozhar & Maxim Trankov | Page 216 | Golden Skate

Tatiana Volosozhar & Maxim Trankov

svetik

On the Ice
It's really good news and I think, it's the best birthday present for Maxim! I hope, everything will go OK for him and Tanya! Maxim has got a really nice message thinking his friends, fans and a family on his Facebook page.

borzaya

Final Flight
I was wondering if any Russian speakers here could translate the interesting bits from this interview with Tanya & Max... Starting from 25:30. thnx!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHSbJpVRQpg&list=LLDWcGBn3tY-F4MjjdHuPN5A&index=6

Wow, thanks for attracting my attention to this video! I heard about that video, but couldn't get around to watching it until now, because normally this TV show (called "Pust govoryat" - "Let them talk") is such a rubbish, I never watch it... But this very one - about skaters - was really worth seeing!

Well, Tanya was asked how she began to skate, and she said that her parents took her to the rink when she was a kid, and that she liked it at once. Then a video was shown on the screen, where little Tanya was skating with some boy, and the anchorman (is it a right word for a person hosting a TV show?) asked who that boy was. Tanya answered that in fact that was a girl, it was her friend, because they were short of boys in their kids' group. She also added that there were many arguments about who of them should have been a boy, but Tanya insisted on being a girl, and her friend played a boy. The man asked if they are still friends now, and she said that they haven't seen each other for a long time, but often communicate via internet. Then her friend, a woman with a baby, was shown on the screen and she congratulated Tanya and Max, said how all her family were rooting for them.

Then Tanya's parents were invited and greeted by the audience. When asked how they were watching the performance of Tanya and Max at the Olympics, Tanya's mum said that she couldn't bear watching because she worried too much, so her husband later retold her, how all had happened. Max was asked about his mother, and he said that she had been watching about in the same manner, and that she told him that she had been watching it hiding under the blanket. Then Max's mum was invited, she said the same and added that she had watched (well, listened) their performance at the last Worlds (which they won) under the blanket, so it has become sort of tradition or a good omen for her.

They were also asked "What are these rumours about your wedding?" (just look at their faces at this question at about 32.50 :laugh:). They denied it (quite expectably). (They were not asked questions about their relations, though, - only about wedding).
They were also asked about their plans to open a figure skating school.

kinoriH

Final Flight
Wow, thanks for attracting my attention to this video! I heard about that video, but couldn't get around to watching it until now, because normally this TV show (called "Pust govoryat" - "Let them talk") is such a rubbish, I never watch it... But this very one - about skaters - was really worth seeing!

Well, Tanya was asked how she began to skate, and she said that her parents took her to the rink when she was a kid, and that she liked it at once. Then a video was shown on the screen, where little Tanya was skating with some boy, and the anchorman (is it a right word for a person hosting a TV show?) asked who that boy was. Tanya answered that in fact that was a girl, it was her friend, because they were short of boys in their kids' group. She also added that there were many arguments about who of them should have been a boy, but Tanya insisted on being a girl, and her friend played a boy. The man asked if they are still friends now, and she said that they haven't seen each other for a long time, but often communicate via internet. Then her friend, a woman with a baby, was shown on the screen and she congratulated Tanya and Max, said how all her family were rooting for them.

Then Tanya's parents were invited and greeted by the audience. When asked how they were watching the performance of Tanya and Max at the Olympics, Tanya's mum said that she couldn't bear watching because she worried too much, so her husband later retold her, how all had happened. Max was asked about his mother, and he said that she had been watching about in the same manner, and that she told him that she had been watching it hiding under the blanket. Then Max's mum was invited, she said the same and added that she had watched (well, listened) their performance at the last Worlds (which they won) under the blanket, so it has become sort of tradition or a good omen for her.

They were also asked "What are these rumours about your wedding?" (just look at their faces at this question at about 32.50 :laugh:). They denied it (quite expectably). (They were not asked questions about their relations, though, - only about wedding).
They were also asked about their plans to open a figure skating school.

THANK YOUUU! You're too awesome for words borzaya!!! <3

(- that was a girl??)

kinoriH

Final Flight
Here's a new interview with Tanya and max.. I kept watching till the end even though i understand nothing. lol their little interactions are cute.
you also get to see a tiny bit of their new SP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIcO7_OQ9iE

borozaya- if it's not too hard for you, you've already done so much, but could you please just translate a tiny bit? Especially at 4:10 (about Maria Mukhortova and something about Tatiana if I'm not mistaken) and also what Tanya says at 6:00.

I SERIOUSLY need to start learning Russian.

starlight97

Final Flight
It's so amazing to finally have a translation of at least a small part of this show!!
I think everything they discuss there, about Adelina and I/K would be interesting and I find myself hating the fact that I don't understand Russian as well kinori.
So thank you very much borzaya !

borzaya

Final Flight
Here's a new interview with Tanya and max.. I kept watching till the end even though i understand nothing. lol their little interactions are cute.
you also get to see a tiny bit of their new SP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIcO7_OQ9iE

borozaya- if it's not too hard for you, you've already done so much, but could you please just translate a tiny bit? Especially at 4:10 (about Maria Mukhortova and something about Tatiana if I'm not mistaken) and also what Tanya says at 6:00.

Max said that Tanya is, in fact, his seventh partner, and that some people say that he has had too many partners. But the matter is, that he started pair skating rather early, when he was 11 (when normally boys begin to skate as pair skaters at about 15, when they become strong enough), so by the age of 15 he had already changed three partners, as these girls had just overgrown him. He said that it wouldn't be correct to say that he really had skated or performed with all these girls, but - here he paused for a proper word, and Tanya prompted "was training". Max agreed that he was sort of training with different partners at the junior level, but at the serious competitive level he had only, at first, Maria Mukhortova, with whom he had skated for seven years, and then Tanya. He also was telling what was already mentioned in the documentary - how, when skating with Maria, they always happened to be at the same rinks, at the same events with Tanya and Stas, and Max had always wished to skate with Tanya, and everybody around them - fans, critics, journalists - were saying how they matched each other, and what an interesting pair it would be, if they skated together. They said that there were plans to put them together as a pair back in 2006, but it remained just plans, and they were not even aware of it.

svetik

On the Ice
Borzaya has done a good job on translating V/T interview. I just want to add to t, that Maxim said, he is grateful to Maria for those years, they had been skating together, but he saw Tanya as his ideal partner.Tanya said, her aim was to get a gold Olympic medal, but there were some problems in Ukrainian Federation of figure skating, so she said, her partner is the best meaning Maxim. According to Maxim, Tanya is a manager of their pair, she is responsible for everything off the ice, he is responsible for performance side on the ice. I think, the best part, it's about being selfish, which was not included in the full interview, where Maxim says, he is selfish in certain way, as being selfish means to make you feel good and he likes feeling good, but only if everything is OK for Tanya. To make him feel good Tanya must feel good. Tanya said about close people feeling good, so Maxim added his family to it.
It looks like another V/T interview is coming up according to Maxim's latest photo from Instagram. Somebody said, it might be for OK magazine.
the link about being selfish is here http://www.kuban24.tv/item/9-10-14-programma-faktyi-sport

theyaremagic

Rinkside

Haha, I try to learn Russian... But I am afraid it takes very long until I am really capable of understanding such an interview... Right now I am at lesson 20, and I understand one word out of 100... But I don't mind, I just love to listen to their interviews anyway :love:
Thanks so much to all those good people who translate for us!!!
I can't wait to watch this new SP...