Tatiana Volosozhar & Maxim Trankov | Page 224 | Golden Skate

Tatiana Volosozhar & Maxim Trankov

paravolar

On the Ice
I think it`s risky to go straight to the World Championships, without having participated in other events before because that would have given them a chance to work on their programs, see what works and what doesn`t.
Or maybe they intend to skate in some of the events before the Worlds (there are some, I`ve checked the ISU schedule http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014%E2%80%9315_figure_skating_season :)). Anyway, I trust Nina Mozer, she gave me the impression of an intelligent woman, and I trust them, look at what they`ve achieved in such a short time.
Don`t get me wrong, I`m dying to see them, but I`d rather keep watching old videos than see them before they are in top form.

paravolar

On the Ice
Oh, I`m waaay outside of Canada, I`m in Romania :drama:
Unfortunately, I can`t see it, although I downloaded Hola, but I`ll keep trying.
Thank you :clap:

paravolar

On the Ice
I did it!!!!! It took me a while, but hey, I`m technically challenged, what can I say. I loved how the commentator called it grooming :eek::

kinoriH

Final Flight
haha Kurt Browning is parcticulary responsible for exposing their relationship on live TV.. always making little comments about their "chemistry". ;p

I don't get how Tanya literaly stood still while he was pulling her hair.. I hate when ppl touch my hair. She's so patient with him... :bow:

paravolar

On the Ice
Yeah, she doesn`t even flinch and he`s like a kid with a new toy. She didn`t even seem surprised, let alone bothered. I don`t think that was the first time it happened. :laugh2:
I loved Kurt Browning`s comments, he pointed out some things I hadn`t noticed, like the way he changed his jump in order to avoid a collision. I just thought he made a mistake, I didn`t consider other reasons, like his closeness to Tanya.

chloevclem

Rinkside
Paravolar, speaking of old videos.. from 2012- Cutest moment at 20:01 :) playing with her ponytail. :eek::

http://www.cbc.ca/player/Sports/Figure+Skating/ID/2294736573/?page=25

(Not sure if you can see this. You may need to install Hola in order to see it outside of Canada. https://chrome.google.com/webstore/...ternet/gkojfkhlekighikafcpjkiklfbnlmeio?hl=he )

Thanks for sharing the video! I especially appreciate the link for "hola!" I did not even know something like this existed. Thanks so much:):):)

Watermelondrea

Final Flight
Well if you put out it that way... I guess it's reasonable for them not to want to end up like K/S. Especially with all the young pair teams from Russia this season.
But if they want to maintain their high level from last season they must practice as much as possible and be 110% ready to fight back. They are amazig athletes- so dedicated and loyal to their sport- but their bodies are human and for now rest is the only option.

Do you mean to say that if they ended up like S/K it would be bad? They are the best pairs in Russia now!! Not to mention they're are so consistent!

Devochka

Rinkside
Do you mean to say that if they ended up like S/K it would be bad? They are the best pairs in Russia now!! Not to mention they're are so consistent!

I'm pretty sure kinoriH is talking about Smirnov/Kavaguti who have been plagued by injuries and are regarded as older pair skaters. Stolbova/Klimov are dominating right now, but they are still fairly young.

Or maybe I'm completely off...:confused:

Last edited:

paravolar

On the Ice
I automatically thought of Smirnov/Kavaguti when I read kinoriH`s post, especially after having watched them in the Russian Nationals last week. Her face and attitude when she realized that Tarasova/Morozov were ahead of them were saying *** :scratch: She didn`t even find the will or energy to hug her coach, she just shoved a limp hand in front of him. I know she was disappointed, but ....
I`m sorry for the off-topic but that`s what came to my mind when I saw their names. :slink:

kinoriH

Final Flight
Yes, I meant Kavaguti and Smirnov. (The order of the initials is slightly different)
It's quite sad what happened to them tbh. All those injuries, and then V/T coming into the scene at 2010. Bad timing. But I really appreciate them for pushing themselves.

And just for the record- I LOVE Stolbova/Klimov. I am completely rooting for them to win Worlds. :biggrin:

EDIT: 300 PAGES!! :cheer:

Last edited:

Alba

Record Breaker
Alba, Maxim went to Germany for 10 days not for whole month, that's why he needs more rehabilitation time.

Thank you svetik.
I hope they enjoy their vacations and his rehabilitation goes smoothly. :)

paravolar

On the Ice
Tanya says, she has got the strongest partner morally and physically![/QUOTE]

Well, we certainly aren`t going to contradict her :biggrin:
By the way, is Maxim really lifting her, or is she jumping and he`s just holding her arm? I`m thinking about his shoulder :think:

Watermelondrea

Final Flight
I'm pretty sure kinoriH is talking about Smirnov/Kavaguti who have been plagued by injuries and are regarded as older pair skaters. Stolbova/Klimov are dominating right now, but they are still fairly young.

Or maybe I'm completely off...:confused:

Yes he is haha Thanks!!

svetik

On the Ice
I think, it has been recorded earlier, where V/T went to one of the Russian TV channels NTV to celebrate New Year with Adelina Sotnikova. I have watched it tonight, it was very short, anyway Tanya and maxim were asked, if they got married , Tanya said not yet, then one of presenters said what about doing it in 2015, Maxim replied, that they would think about it, Adelina said, she would like to be invited to their wedding!
Paravolar, Petr Sheksheyev is V/T PR agent and i think, Nastya Zadorozhnaya might join them soon.