Tatiana Volosozhar & Maxim Trankov | Page 227 | Golden Skate

Tatiana Volosozhar & Maxim Trankov

Alba

Record Breaker
I know less than you.. just speculating. I love their SBS spins but the middle part of their programs can get kinda "samie" with the same postions every year.
I'm dying to see them doing a 3T-3T combo, or even 3S-3T. If there's a team that can make it look good - it's them.
Not really sure about the whole quad thing atm.. :confused:

You are right about the middle part. :thumbsup: I would love to see them to a 3t+3t or 3s+3t too.
You know what I think about the quad, I'm not a fan at all. But I'm afraid it's heading there. I think V&T can make it though. Their throw is huge.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Regarding the whole quad thing: I love the quad twist. It looks gorgeous and generally teams seem to either "have it" or "not have it"--people don't tend to totally fail on twists. Of course, when mistakes happen, it could be very dangerous. But V/T have one of the greatest triple twists ever, so I think they can do a quad.

But the quad throw... that's another matter altogether. I think most quad throws don't look very good. :hopelessness: 4S/3A also seem to lead to injuries (S/Z, S/S, Z/Z, ect.) V/T's throws do open up way off the ground, so they can probably do one if they want to... but I think they're better off sticking with a better-looking, better-GOE-scoring triple.

Alba

Record Breaker
Regarding the whole quad thing: I love the quad twist. It looks gorgeous and generally teams seem to either "have it" or "not have it"--people don't tend to totally fail on twists. Of course, when mistakes happen, it could be very dangerous. But V/T have one of the greatest triple twists ever, so I think they can do a quad.

But the quad throw... that's another matter altogether. I think most quad throws don't look very good. :hopelessness: 4S/3A also seem to lead to injuries (S/Z, S/S, Z/Z, ect.) V/T's throws do open up way off the ground, so they can probably do one if they want to... but I think they're better off sticking with a better-looking, better-GOE-scoring triple.

I like the quad twist too. I agree about sticking with a better-looking and better GOE on the throw. I'm just afraid it will not suffice in a very near future.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I like the quad twist too. I agree about sticking with a better-looking and better GOE on the throw. I'm just afraid it will not suffice in a very near future.
The BV for quads (in pairs) is actually pretty meh. If V/T skate clean, or get a 4Tw, there's no need for them to change their throws.

Alba

Record Breaker
The BV for quads (in pairs) is actually pretty meh. If V/T skate clean, or get a 4Tw, there's no need for them to change their throws.

True, but I think they will change the BV for quads though, which I think that's a right thing to do.

kinoriH

Final Flight
True, but I think they will change the BV for quads though, which I think that's a right thing to do.

and also the most stupid thing to do.

We're talking about young women here. Just because some chinease girls can pull this off doesn't mean it should almost be rewarded like a required element. Maybe as a bonus, yes, but again I feel like the jugdes usually reward for the effort
and not the quality (throws).

As you said- i think a quad twist could look nice and not "forced" when perform by V/T. It will be more of like a statement from them saying " we can have quads too. We won't fade away llike old teams.. " etc.
The only problem is Max's shoulder injury.

Last edited:

saray

Rinkside
According to Nina Mozer Maxim is going to Germany for a final consultation http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/19508.html He's going to have a scan, control check up and to get furthest recommendations. Nina says, everything is OK and V/T are back to training not fully, but they are training twice a day. maxim has put a lovely pics of him with Tanya from Bali on his instagram saying they are going to be apart for one day. It looks like he cannot be apart from his star, as he called her, even for one day! Here's the link http://websta.me/p/897134243853456421_10808668
10x svetik for all translations you give for us. you are the best.

wow wow the photo from tati is incredible.

kinoriH

Final Flight
Max is back on the ice- his first 3T in 2 months! http://instagram.com/p/x4GqsPuVQE/?modal=true :clap::cheer:

and according to this article- http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20150115/799752758.html
Mozer says they'll start training fully after February 15, but for now his shoulder is fine and he passed the tests in Munich. :)

I just hope they'll be able to perform in Art on Ice on Feb. 5th... the cast is AMAZING this year.

Volosozhar/trankov
stolbova/klimov
virtue/moir
papadakis/cizeron
carolina kostner
stephan lmbiel
daisuke takahashi
sarah meier
florent amodio
joannie rochette

Alba

Record Breaker
and also the most stupid thing to do.

:laugh:

We're talking about young women here. Just because some chinease girls can pull this off doesn't mean it should almost be rewarded like a required element. Maybe as a bonus, yes, but again I feel like the jugdes usually reward for the effort and not the quality (throws).

But to be honest, it's only right to give the BV that elements deserves though. I mean why would single skaters get a high BV for a quad and not pairs. I agree with you about the effort vs quality, but that should be reflected on the GoE's.

As you said- i think a quad twist could look nice and not "forced" when perform by V/T. It will be more of like a statement from them saying " we can have quads too. We won't fade away llike old teams.. " etc.
The only problem is Max's shoulder injury.

Yep. Besides, on the twist the partner does have more control. Not so on the throw. Once she is thrown that's it, she is in her own. I really hope Max's shoulder is going to be fully fit. Maybe they should skip Worlds as well? I don't know....

eli60056

On the Ice
Maxim is against quads on principle, so I would not look to see them doing quads anytime soon. Quite sensible too, IMO. They don't need the titles, they have them all. Now they can skate for artistry and pleasure.

borzaya

Final Flight
Maxim is against quads on principle, so I would not look to see them doing quads anytime soon. Quite sensible too, IMO. They don't need the titles, they have them all. Now they can skate for artistry and pleasure.

To be more precise, he is against quad throws, he mentioned it in one of the old interviews... Don't know, what's his opinion about quad twists - so maybe, they'll try it some day...

saray

Rinkside
they can both. they can skate with pleasure competitive program not thinking much about judges. it can be even better, skating without preassure can get bigger scores.

HermioneG

On the Ice
To be more precise, he is against quad throws, he mentioned it in one of the old interviews... Don't know, what's his opinion about quad twists - so maybe, they'll try it some day...

In 2010 he said he can try quad twist but not quad throw because twist is more dangerous for him but not for his partner. Anyway after the surgery I don't belive he will try it.

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
I remember some interview where he was asked if he and Tatiana would try 3ATh, because Aliona and Robin were attempting it. He said he'd try with Aliona but not Tatiana. Lol

kinoriH

Final Flight