Tatiana Volosozhar & Maxim Trankov | Page 291 | Golden Skate

Tatiana Volosozhar & Maxim Trankov

TatiMax

On the Ice
They will skate last.
Hope they excite a perfect dramatic program, entertain fans and don't focus on scoring.
You can do it.
:cheer:

Nessie

On the Ice
I watched V/T this morning. It was good, but not their best. Tatiana seemed really nervous at the start. They're in 3rd but there's some wiggle room. They could move up to silver, but I think gold might be out of their reach this year.

I just want them to medal. :/

Quote from Sui/Han thread by Alex D.:
I got to admit, I was not expecting what I saw, as I really love the Russian approach to pairs skating, even more in the Juniors than the Seniors. All those little nuances, the balance of the skaters, it is what makes pairs skating so great for me.

That being said, these two Chinese people, had without a doubt a thrilling performance full of progress, difficult elements and not the slightest error or wobble, while skating on a higher level, than the Russians did, I have to admit.

I really like the choreography and arrangements, as with the lift or the exits and entries, it is so creative and well put together. The little jumps, that superb step-sequence, a no touch that has huge attack and so much fire and the alignment is beautiful, great interpretation skills and without even looking at the protocols, or scores - they just did things better than everyone else.

As a couple, they match, have a super balance and drive.

Thank you very much for that performance!

This comment hits the nail on the head. Sui Han were BRILLIANT and deserve their current position. V +T were somewhat off – I’ve never seen her so nervous (as others have noted) and Max was so relaxed! I was surprised at her nerves which must have been the reason for the two-footed landing on the throw triple. And it wasn’t just a small two-footed landing, it was BLAMO on two feet – a very hard landing, no way to minimize it. But as a few of you have noted, their FREE is just great so they may score well there.

I though Ksenia and Feodor had a great skate – except for the twist error. I don’t think V/T were underscored. I think K/F were underscored. The crowd liked them I think but when the character you establish for the program is very self-involved, it doesn’t really draw in the audience. I bet their scores might have been higher if the audience had gotten more fired up.

As for D/R, the less said the better. Does a certain person EVER stop talking?

Last edited:

tulosai

Record Breaker
:gaah: I am so sad for them. It's obvious they were not really themselves out there. Hopefully they will get over this quickly and come back strong next year.

Sfey

On the Ice
Oh no, I'm so sad for them. What happened??? They looked so great at Euros...

If they retire, that's their decision obviously. But I hope they stick around, I don't want that to be their last performance.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Oh no, I'm so sad for them. What happened??? They looked so great at Euros...

If they retire, that's their decision obviously. But I hope they stick around, I don't want that to be their last performance.

What really killed them was they got no credit for a lift but there were multiple other mistakes of varying sizes, including nu jump combo. They also skated with pretty low energy honestly- I think it was the worst they've ever performed this program. It was very hard to watch. I felt so bad for them.

TatiMax

On the Ice
They must retire for their own. This was sad to watch. Really sad. Very Very sad heartbreak performance. Enough they have done it all. Retire while it is still respectful to do. This is life

orangella96

Final Flight
I think it was a combination of maybe knowing that gold is, most likely, out of reach and their failed jumps just at the beginning. That kind of took their energy away.
But it definitely broke my heart seeing Tatiana's face after the program :(

Sfey

On the Ice
Poor Tatiana, it looked like she was trying not to cry before the program even ended.

I hope they don't take this too hard. I wouldn't blame them if they retire but if they choose to go on I hope they come back fired up.

orangella96

Final Flight
As I said, I doubt they're the type to give up because of that. They've been through soooo damn much together already, that I strongly believe they'll be able to overcome this as well

TatiMax

On the Ice
You still want them to skate? Apparently they were NOT training well. Not ready. Not focused. Nothing. ugly skate tonight. Very ugly and embarrassing.
It is delusion to think they can skate well again.

tulosai

Record Breaker
You still want them to skate? Apparently they were NOT training well. Not ready. Not focused. Nothing. ugly skate tonight. Very ugly and embarrassing.
It is delusion to think they can skate well again.

I am very puzzled by this statement, especially coming from someone who claims to be a fan. They had a very bad night, and yes, he was injured recently and after that they struggled in training. With some more recovery time and 6 months between now and the beginning of the fall season there's every reason to think they can and will skate a lot better than this again- just like they did only 2 months ago at Europeans. If anything, perhaps they should have withdrawn from this competition and taken a bit more time to heal, but there is absolutely no reason to think they can't recover from this and do better, just like they did all season.

orangella96

Final Flight
Well, I just think that a bad outing or performance today doesn't mean that they'll be horrible forever. So I find it kind of harsh calling that ugly and embarassing. Everyone has bad days so no need to demand a retirement in my opinion....

Last edited:

Arawen

Final Flight
I´m heartbroken! I just cannot understand what happened :sad21: They cannot be healthy right now, something isn´t right.