Tatiana Volosozhar & Maxim Trankov | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Tatiana Volosozhar & Maxim Trankov

campbellka

Rinkside
No problem. The minute I started seeing heart emoticons in Maxim's posts, I needed to find out immediately! ;)

hello86

Spectator
brief translation

The first part (the one I watched) talked about how the gold is theirs to lose but how it was not always this way. They started out as singles. He was born in the Urals and she in Ukraine. And then they both got paired up with other people. He and his previous partners never quite made it and then he wasn't the easiest of people to get on with. She skated with a few people and was in a relationship with one of them. Anyway, when people saw them in practice several commented that they would make a great pair but they didn't do anything about it. Before and during Vancouver, the coach apparently told Maxim that he would be looking for a new partner after the Games. And so Maxim planned to retire. And then Tatiana was also free and there was the question of who she would skate with and for which country (she had three to choose from). And her former partner approached Maxim and asked him if he would skate and so they became a pair for Russia. For the 2011 Worlds which were to be held in Japan they traveled there to practice and were in a train when the tsunami hit. And someone said on the news that they were missing, presumed dead. And their relatives couldn't get in touch with anyone for 5 hours. When they and their coach got off the train and the cell phones were working, they saw they had 53 missed calls and loads of notifications and the phone just wouldn't stop ringing. And they didn't know there had been a tsunami and they were answering about whether they were all right, etc. Anyway, that year the Worlds were in Russia which Maxim called a dress-rehearsal for the Olympics with the crowds chanting "Russia, Russia"

There was also the bit that was covered at the Olympics about him sleeping at the rink, basically being homeless and eating a meal per day.

Last edited:

annafer

On the Ice
The Story about Maxim's father is so touching. The Family Trankov is admirable.
It is indeed very touching, the Euros last year were so hard for him.

Some Russian article said they won't go to the Worlds so they can rest, that Russia didn't give their names to ISU. But I remember them saying they'll decide after AOI, which is possible because the countries are allowed to change 1-2 teams. I really hope they'll participate and win again.

annafer

On the Ice
I only remember them saying they'll decide after their shows not that they won't go to worlds.

I think I know why Maxim was upset on twitter a few days ago. Apparently there was someone (a journalist, I think, it's hard to understand it with google translator) who posted that Russian Olympic gold medalists received too much money from the government while people still live in poverty. From what I understood the author deleted his article shortly after, but still the news spread and Maxim and Tatiana were given as a example of athletes who won some good money.

ntk87

On the Ice
Thank you annafer! I think they received the money they deserved, god, they are proffesional athletes in a hard sport... I understand Max

mttvonice

On the Ice
Sometimes I copy and paste whatever appears in their Twitter feeds into Google translation, and then I can see what it says. Helpful hint!

Campbellka -- just wanted to let you know that you've created a Google Translation monster. I started at the top of Tatiana's Instagram page, and now I can't stop! :laugh:

And yes, I've spent way too much time looking at way too many of her Instagram photos of Maxim looking WAY too hot. 2012 and 2013 were very good years ;)

ntk87

On the Ice
Campbellka -- just wanted to let you know that you've created a Google Translation monster. I started at the top of Tatiana's Instagram page, and now I can't stop! :laugh:

And yes, I've spent way too much time looking at way too many of her Instagram photos of Maxim looking WAY too hot. 2012 and 2013 were very good years ;)

I don´t know if that could help you to make it more easier, bur it you enter their accounts in webs like this http://web.stagram.com/n/fire_bird/

you can translate it directly with the google translation tool for google chrome :)

silien

Rinkside
Hello everybody! :yay: I'm new here, I'm Italian, so forgive me but my english is far away from perfection!
I was looking for the russian documentary and I ended up here! I'm glad I found you guys, I'm a huge fan of Tanya and Max, and I'm so glad they finally confirmed they're dating (I know that this sound so stupid, but i can't help myself :love:).
Anyway, thank you so much for the translation :bow:

danya

On the Ice
Hi everybody:) i was read this forum early but never write here,
So, now i find this thread and it's cool that you have translated (i'm russian ;))
And i wanted to write something about Tanya & Max... It was on russian tv after olympics, the one program was invated Maxim's mother (she is such a great woman, to be honest) and also asking about M&T's relationship...
Oh, she certainly was confused by these questions but said about Tanya with such delight and warmth, "Tanya is our golden girl, as well she is beautiful hostess (i'm not pretty sure is this corrected translate of this word...), she can cook a tasty dinner by half hour.." So, she said she is not go into the private lives of her children, that of course it's their choose...but she wants grandchildren and she loves Tanya...:)
My heart was melted when I heard how she talked about Tanya, really I don't know what plans have Tanya and Max but him's mum totally agree with a choice of Tatiana haha

You know, i remember, that few days ago i watch another program with Maxim's mum and she answer "I don't know about Max's private life...They with Tatiana always together. They are nothing without each other. Whole life for two. Such a fate...Will be glad of course grandchildren would...but not yet before it"

P.s. I know that my english so bad, but i hope that you will understand my words correct...:)

orangella96

Final Flight
hey guys :)
I'm new here as well. I am from Germany and I just loooooooooove Volosozhar/Trankov.
It's just so cool to see people from all over the world loveing them as well. :)

mttvonice

On the Ice
Yes, WELCOME to Silien, Danya and Orangella96!!! Everyone's English is just fine! I understood everything perfectly, too, so NO WORRIES! I love the international flavor of this forum, and am also so happy to see so many others who love Max and Tanya :)

My guess is that both Max AND his mother believe that Tanya is "the one". Thanks so much for that interview information, Danya!

And thanks for the extra translation tip, ntk87 :)

mttvonice

On the Ice
Hello86 - Thank you so much for the translation. There is new information there that I hadn't seen before about their tsunami experience. In case you haven't discovered it yet, it seems that most of the Volosozhar/Trankov fans are now posting in the "Volosozhar and Trankov Documentary" thread in the "Figure Skating: The Edge" forum. There are some other translations of other parts of this same documentary in that thread. I know everyone would love for you to join us in that thread, and please bring along your own translation. I would copy it over into that thread myself, but I'm not sure how to do that :eek:hwell:

Hope to see you, and any other V/T fans, over there! :)