Tatiana Volosozhar & Maxim Trankov | Page 166 | Golden Skate

Tatiana Volosozhar & Maxim Trankov

JCSKIZZLE

On the Ice
I think the same, this kind of vacations is better with friends

I agree. I love traveling with friends, though trips with my husband are fun, friends just add a whole new element. I was just thinking, fingers crossed they have good 3G service there. Cuba is notorious for very expensive and intermittent coverage. Ntk87, did you have issues when you were there?

ntk87

On the Ice
I agree. I love traveling with friends, though trips with my husband are fun, friends just add a whole new element. I was just thinking, fingers crossed they have good 3G service there. Cuba is notorious for very expensive and intermittent coverage. Ntk87, did you have issues when you were there?

Internet is very expensive in Cuba, but I think they are having a better hotel than mine (I went in a field trip) because I didn't have wifi even paying for it.... :laugh:
They are going to feel at home, because there are a lot of russian people.

annafer

On the Ice
They look like sardines in a can in that single row! I can just them all passed out on the plane in 4 hours and snoring on each other :laugh:

http://instagram.com/p/nw-2XmwPUD/
:laugh: If they fly all the way to Cuba with this plane it won't be a nice flight. Aren't the transatlantic planes with larger seats, at least when I flew there were like that. Or maybe they're changing planes somewhere in Europe, like in Madrid.
LOL at both Tanya and Max talking on the phone in the photo.

orangella96

Final Flight
I watched it today! haha https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4ZRut9Nf0Y Their faces look suspiciously close at 3:16.. :love: So maybe just a little?

The pianist (sorry forgot his name) somewhat looked like he was waiting for a kiss as well :laugh:

And in tge Skate Canada video I found it quite sweet that she leaned i to Stas as well shortly.

And I hope for a lot of selfies from Cuba.
It's really nice there and they'll hopefully get as much relaxation as needed ;)

ntk87

On the Ice
:laugh: If they fly all the way to Cuba with this plane it won't be a nice flight. Aren't the transatlantic planes with larger seats, at least when I flew there were like that. Or maybe they're changing planes somewhere in Europe, like in Madrid.
LOL at both Tanya and Max talking on the phone in the photo.

There a lot of flights from Russia to Cuba, and if they go with "Cubana de Aviación" that is the company of the government of Cuba, tha planes are like that.... Old and very unconfortable... It is a looong loong travel:laugh:

mttvonice

On the Ice
Maxim: Yes, we have an addiction, a pathological thirst for communication with each other. We just can not live one without the other!

Thanks so much, Annafer, for the translation of the 2013 interview.....and especially for that Max quote ;)

Watching those warm-up videos always makes me nervous. So many skaters doing big elements on the ice at once! And of course, we saw the close call that Max rescued Tanya from that time.... :eek:

Arawen - your recent captions of Max's wandering hand photos had me LOL.

Cuba for vacation? Really? Never heard of that :confused:

kinoriH

Final Flight
Cuba for vacation? Really? Never heard of that :confused:

Never heard of Cuba? :eek: They seem to love south America.. :)
and on that note- I'm glad they went with Fedor and Ivan. Cool guys, and hopefully we'll get to see a lot of funny and adorable pictures.
*sigh* now I also want to go on vacation ...

Someone on IG asked where Ksenia is. Well for anyone interested, she's in Barcelona with friends(?). It makes me kinda sad that she doesn't share a close bond with Fedor like V/T. Though I can't judge, I'd have loved to see all 4 of them enjoying some free time together.

mttvonice

On the Ice
Never heard of Cuba? :eek:

Oh no, trust me, I'm definitely familiar with Cuba......and that's why I'm not familiar with anyone ever going there for a VACATION. I'm sure that someone here can fill me in though :)

EDIT: Guess I should have researched before I posted. I was not initially thinking about the historical relationship of Russia (Soviet Union) and Cuba, and also had not realized there had been significant changes regarding Cuban tourism in recent years.

I hope V/T have a wonderful time, and along with everyone else here, hope we receive some photographic gifts as a result :biggrin:

JCSKIZZLE

On the Ice
Oh no, trust me, I'm definitely familiar with Cuba......and that's why I'm not familiar with anyone ever going there for a VACATION. I'm sure that someone here can fill me in though :)

EDIT: Guess I should have researched before I posted. I was not initially thinking about the historical relationship of Russia (Soviet Union) and Cuba, and also had not realized there had been significant changes regarding Cuban tourism in recent years.

I hope V/T have a wonderful time, and along with everyone else here, hope we receive some photographic gifts as a result :biggrin:

mttvonice Americans aren't allowed to travel freely to Cuba too which is why we think it odd. We need a special visa which is hard to come by. I've known people who get in through Mexico though. It's huge vacation spot for Europeans where I think as Americans we think of the USVI or BVI for vacation. Looks gorgeous in pics tho! The resorts look REALLY nice!

borzaya

Final Flight
That's great that Tanya and Max can have some rest and free time at last! :clap:

Someone on IG asked where Ksenia is. Well for anyone interested, she's in Barcelona with friends(?). It makes me kinda sad that she doesn't share a close bond with Fedor like V/T. Though I can't judge, I'd have loved to see all 4 of them enjoying some free time together.
Yes, Ksenia doesn't seem to be too close to Fedor or V/T... I don't see anything strange in it - perhaps she has some other good friends, with whom she prefers to spend free time. Besides, I've read somewhere that Ksenia is dating the ice dancer Dmitry Soloviev, maybe she went to Barcelona with him.

mttvonice

On the Ice
It's huge vacation spot for Europeans where I think as Americans we think of the USVI or BVI for vacation. Looks gorgeous in pics tho!

Learn something new every day. Thanks, JCSKIZZLE :) Personally, I've been to the Bahamas.....with never a thought of going further south. You're right though -- the photos are gorgeous.

Arawen

Final Flight
I bet they´re sleeping most of their time on the flight, at least I hope so. Means they will be rested and fresh already when they arrive so we can have pics :biggrin:

orangella96

Final Flight
Yes, Ksenia doesn't seem to be too close to Fedor or V/T... I don't see anything strange in it - perhaps she has some other good friends, with whom she prefers to spend free time. Besides, I've read somewhere that Ksenia is dating the ice dancer Dmitry Soloviev, maybe she went to Barcelona with him.

I think in the end it's probably more exceptional what V/T have with spending all their time together. And yes Ksenia is dating Dmitry. That's probably the reason she's rarely with Fedor....

I'm glad someone mentioned the pianist... I thought he looked like he had just *witnessed* a kiss! (That's what I hoped, anyway!)

I'm glad we understand each other ;) Welcome by the way:yes:

I wish I could go to the Caribbean too

Don't worry you're not the only one. Vacation would be really really nice...:disapp: