Tatiana Volosozhar & Maxim Trankov | Page 13 | Golden Skate

Tatiana Volosozhar & Maxim Trankov

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
Yes, V/T are currently listed as alternates so they have chosen not to go as competitors.

I'd be really annoyed if I was a big fan. They'd have this gold 100% even if they fell a couple of times. They shouldn't be so positive that they will still be well liked in the future. Someone might be the new darlings in the future. (If they are going to keep competing....) They should've grabbed that second Worlds gold to cement their place in history over some of the other Olympic gold medalists.

A agree! But I think their nearest competition is Stolbova and Klimov. However, a lot of people (and judges) like them so I think they have a good shot at being successful over the next 4 years... Maybe they can start working on a quad throw! :)

annafer

On the Ice
HermioneG, thanks for the translation. It's so weird that they would be going to the Worlds but not compete, makes no sense whatsoever, especially after Maxim's photo where he complains he's overworked. I still have one tiny hope that they decide to compete.

Stolbova and Klimov are good, but they're definitely not at Tatiana and Maxim's level, hence the huge difference in the points.

cptnhastings

On the Ice
A agree! But I think their nearest competition is Stolbova and Klimov. However, a lot of people (and judges) like them so I think they have a good shot at being successful over the next 4 years... Maybe they can start working on a quad throw! :)

They should at least try a throw triple flip/lutz first! My biggest complaint about them is that their throws were "only" loop/salchow. (Like most teams could've ever done that so well...)

I think try for a quad twist first. Their triple is so awesome they should probably be able to do that?

They've got so many fundamentals well, if they tried to up the technical mark, they'd be unstoppable. But I'm not convinced they will try.

And V/T didn't exist 4 years ago so who knows who might pop up in the next year or two to challenge them if they keep competing. They shouldn't be so confident. Grab the gold now!

V/T haven't pushed the envelope yet. Please do or retire or lose to teams that do. (I prefer the first option.)

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
They should at least try a throw triple flip/lutz first! My biggest complaint about them is that their throws were "only" loop/salchow. (Like most teams could've ever done that so well...)

I think try for a quad twist first. Their triple is so awesome they should probably be able to do that?

They've got so many fundamentals well, if they tried to up the technical mark, they'd be unstoppable. But I'm not convinced they will try.

And V/T didn't exist 4 years ago so who knows who might pop up in the next year or two to challenge them if they keep competing. They shouldn't be so confident. Grab the gold now!

V/T haven't pushed the envelope yet. Please do or retire or lose to teams that do. (I prefer the first option.)

Oh, yes! I completely agree about the throws.

However, I don't think they've stagnated, as some people feel. Perhaps in terms of their technical elements but choreographically I feel they've gradually improved. A prime example for me is their latest free skate (JCS); I don't understand why so many people hate that program and its music. A major facet of successful artistic impression, to me, is when you can take a piece as...eccentric as "Jesus Christ Superstar" and have it not be an utter disaster (their best free skate thus far was at 2013 Skate America). But I concur that they quite haven't reached the artistic/choreographic level of Savchenko and Szolkowy (again, the only program that has maybe reached their level is the JCS)...

Arawen

Final Flight
I like the JCS too, after watching the whole competition I thought that was the most emotional one of all free skates.

Also LOL at Max´s instagram pics, he really IS like a teenager sometimes :laugh:

HermioneG

On the Ice

I doubt they'll try new throws (new for them) and I don't think it' a good idea - Tanya get injured when they tried 3F in 2011-2012, and they are not getting younger (so have more and more problems with health - for example Tanya's leg is injured since OWG - I think it is one of reasons of mistakes on throws during FS and one of reasons not to compete at WCh)

annafer

On the Ice
Bottom line, the marks they get are huge and no one gets near them unless they do huge mistakes like GPF or not even then (Europeans). I don't know, but when they're on ice you just notice the difference between them and the others, they have something others don't as much as they try. As for the break, well, it doesn't bother me that much because the program is very intense before and after.

danya

On the Ice
About injured..yes, i found this photo 2 days ago, taping for Tanya on olympics...it's make me cry:cry:
http://cs311130.vk.me/v311130390/a2bc/R-UIKcvAtQA.jpg
I hope that it's not serious and they will treat and it will not bother anymore...

I don't really understand, you talked about quad throw for V/T or S/K?
Because T&M will never try to do quad...Maxim said that "Tanya's health is very cherishes for him and you can injure without doing special exercises":laugh:

They showed a little clip of them kissing on tv, but no video of it has showed up. The only thing I've seen is this picture!
It's nice that Tanya added this picture on her facebook page:)

When did she say she wants a baby? *_*
She said it several times in different interview... And last time i remember it was question about what they will do when will finish sport career, did they will coach or what...and she answer that firstly she want to be a mother and everything else after it.

kasik8222

Rinkside
I am not sure but didn't Tatiana say about a baby when she was still in relationship with Stas? And I agree that Max is a big baby boy himself.

Arawen

Final Flight
In this article (translated it with Google translate) Nina Mozer says that they will miss the Worlds because of a shoulder injury that Max has. Because of that they aren´t able to fully prepare themselves. The article is from today:

http://itar-tass.com/sport/1032820

danya do you have a link to Tatiana´s facebook page? :)

danya

On the Ice
Worlds 2016 is gonna be in Boston! Much closer to me than Japan and China. :laugh: Ooooh, I'm so jealous you got to be in Sochi!! But I would've been just as nervous watching, I was nervous watching on TV, so I can't imagine what it was like there. That had to have been such a great experience though!
You are lucky:) i have never been in America...so, in Japan and China too:laugh: go to Sochi for Olympics was maybe exclusive chance to see them on ice. And this was not so expensive for me...but very nervous...but there was an amazing aura, i will never forget this!

annafer

On the Ice
During art on ice Maxim puts his left hand on his right shoulder when they do the death spiral so that would explain things. Too bad they won't participate, maybe they can take a rest, a vacation or something.

danya

On the Ice
I am not sure but didn't Tatiana say about a baby when she was still in relationship with Stas?.
No...she said it in the last years...

In this article (translated it with Google translate) Nina Mozer says that they will miss the Worlds because of a shoulder injury that Max has. Because of that they aren´t able to fully prepare themselves. The article is from today:
http://itar-tass.com/sport/1032820
danya do you have a link to Tatiana´s facebook page? :)
Yes, it's right translate:)
Here's a link https://www.facebook.com/tatiana.volosozhar

borzaya

Final Flight
I don't really understand, you talked about quad throw for V/T or S/K?
Because T&M will never try to do quad...Maxim said that "Tanya's health is very cherishes for him and you can injure without doing special exercises":laugh:

That's just it. I don't think that they will ever try doing quad throws. Two years ago Maxim said in an interview (here)that if it were for him, he would prohibit the quad throws completely... He said that not all of men risk to do quad jumps, and these quad throws are even more hard and dangerous for girls.

By the way, he mentioned in the same interview that he thinks of being a coach when they retire... never knew that.

borzaya

Final Flight
In this article (translated it with Google translate) Nina Mozer says that they will miss the Worlds because of a shoulder injury that Max has. Because of that they aren´t able to fully prepare themselves.
That's a pity. Good health to Maxim!

Arawen

Final Flight
OK guys so now I know (kind of) when they got together!! If you look at her facebook (the one that danya linked) and scroll down, it says "In a relationship" on January 5 2012. So they´ve been together for more than 2 years :D

silien

Rinkside
OK guys so now I know (kind of) when they got together!! If you look at her facebook (the one that danya linked) and scroll down, it says "In a relationship" on January 5 2012. So they´ve been together for more than 2 years :D

we're better than the C.I.A. :laugh:

mttvonice

On the Ice
:laugh: My favorite part is all the comments saying "I find that hard to believe!" Also, I saw that Tanya liked the picture, maybe she agrees...

Not sure that I would appreciate him posting that if I was Tanya :eek:hwell: I think those two just need to go home for a while and get some "rest" ;)

With regard to a shoulder injury, I do remember Max's right arm being pretty shaky during a lift in their Olympic Gala performance. It seemed that he had to bring Tanya down maybe a little sooner than planned, and his arm really shook as he lowered her. Have no idea if that was shoulder-related, but it was definitely noticeable. OT: I loved the song they skated to in the gala :)