Tatiana Volosozhar & Maxim Trankov | Page 194 | Golden Skate

Tatiana Volosozhar & Maxim Trankov

svetik

On the Ice
Wait, I just noticed! Max has posted the picture of the note telling skaters not to clean their skates with the paper napkins and he cites the Icehouse in Hackensack! That's not where they trained for the last few weeks -- they trained at Richard J. Codey area in West Orange, New Jersey. The Icehouse is where I THOUGHT they were going to train because they have 3-4 rinks-- it's a very big operation! So, maybe they ARE still in the area. Maybe they just went by there to check it out? Maybe other top skaters are training at the Icehouse and they're checking out the competition.

As for Max looking a bit sad, I think you have a point. He doesn't seem as quite as happy as he did before. Is their schedule too packed and they can barely relax? I'm not sure what might be bothering him -- if we are even reading it correctly.

I hope, I am wrong, but Max just don't look happy. They went to train in NJ later than anybody in Mozer group. so their schedule might be packed. Stas Morosov said, their short program's ready, but nothing was said about their LP. I have found the link to video of Davankova/Enbert with only brief V/T appearance https://yadi.sk/i/Am1uANKKWGDLZ

Maggie

Rinkside
I hope, I am wrong, but Max just don't look happy. They went to train in NJ later than anybody in Mozer group. so their schedule might be packed. Stas Morosov said, their short program's ready, but nothing was said about their LP. I have found the link to video of Davankova/Enbert with only brief V/T appearance https://yadi.sk/i/Am1uANKKWGDLZ

I hope you are wrong Nessie but I have felt there is a distance between T and M that wasn't there before

svetik

On the Ice
I hope you are wrong Nessie but I have felt there is a distance between T and M that wasn't there before

Tanya has just put photo of her and Max on her Instagram, they look happy, I think, they have been reading this thread!

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
I hope, I am wrong, but Max just don't look happy. They went to train in NJ later than anybody in Mozer group. so their schedule might be packed. Stas Morosov said, their short program's ready, but nothing was said about their LP.

Their surely aren't going to perform any LP this season. ;-P Seriously, guys, isn't it exaggeration? I mean, they may be tired, far from home, they had spring full of galas, next galas to skate at soon, pressure on them still so big. And do you think, would it be so easy for them to skate together on such a level and with such a chemistry if something serious happened beetween them?

Nessie

On the Ice
Their surely aren't going to perform any LP this season. ;-P Seriously, guys, isn't it exaggeration? I mean, they may be tired, far from home, they had spring full of galas, next galas to skate at soon, pressure on them still so big. And do you think, would it be so easy for them to skate together on such a level and with such a chemistry if something serious happened beetween them?

Right. Just look at the photo on Tanya's Instagram. They look pretty darn close.

And look at the hashtag #lifeisgood. There's your answer!

Last edited:

Nessie

On the Ice
I have found the link to video of Davankova/Enbert with only brief V/T appearance https://yadi.sk/i/Am1uANKKWGDLZ[/QUOTE]

Right -- I saw this program. It's nice -- classic, somewhat fundamental choreography done very well.

You can see the bleachers where I sat, opposite to Nina Mozer, when I watched the practice sessions.

gabifazio

Rinkside
hi guys, has been a while that i do not show up here, but with the world cup everything was crazy and now a mess here in Brazil and i could not as i wanted Participate in this blog, but i tried to follow everything that you guys was talking about.

Nessie, you're so lucky, I'm so jealous of you and thank you to tell us how was everything

I dont see why you guys think that they are not happy, seriously, I think they are just having a break on Instagram, and looking at the photo Tanya posted today, they seem like a teenage couple, i follow them and i was noticing that they are not liking (is that right???) photos like before, like i said, they are probably having a break on instagram

Nessie

On the Ice

I think you've got this right. It isn't that Max is sad. It would be more accurate, let's say, that he seems rather serious. I'll continue this in a moment.

Nessie

On the Ice
I started to that get auto-save thing.

"Serious" - because they have so many obligations now. The schedule is not light -- they have to skate their old programs, they're working on a new program, they have to travel soon again for the galas, they have to stay healthy (Hence, Jorge.... as you see on tanya's Instagram). Being champions comes with a lot of responsibility and the weight of obligations is a lot to carry. They'd go crazy if they just sat around and did nothing for too long, but being over-scheduled has its problems too. Maybe it was easier to have only one objective -- to win the Gold. Now all sorts of strings are attached to that and nothing is simple anymore. Before it was train and win, now its train, and keep up the highest standards, get ready for 4 years but work for 4 years, and win, and what if they don't win? Lots of good things have come their way, but lots of worries too.

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
Being champions comes with a lot of responsibility and the weight of obligations is a lot to carry. They'd go crazy if they just sat around and did nothing for too long, but being over-scheduled has its problems too. Maybe it was easier to have only one objective -- to win the Gold. Now all sorts of strings are attached to that and nothing is simple anymore. Before it was train and win, now its train, and keep up the highest standards, get ready for 4 years but work for 4 years, and win, and what if they don't win? Lots of good things have come their way, but lots of worries too.

That's it. You know, I have never paid attention to any athlete, or even champion. For most people becoming Olympic champion is nothing but pure happiness, it is only the thing which makes somebody more important than others athletes. No pressure more, they won everything. And I suppose that for ambitious athlete is not that easy. Staying in sport after winning at the Olympics makes their future much more difficult than before them - Tania and Max aren't the youngest skaters, many pairs without their obligations, just as ambitious, like Stolbova/Klimov - they some great performances last season, although as far as I can see they are just smoothing their elements, without anything new to show, except of maybe triple twist, at least I hope so because I'm not fond of this pair; Sui/Han, the young Chinese pair which I adore, they have higher BV than Tania and Max, they were doing quad twist and thrown quad salchow (they stopped doing it last and last but one season because of Sui Wenjing's epiphysitis), but even without that salchow their BV is still higher, Duhamel/Radford who would surely do everything to win more than bronze and many new pairs who can turn out to be unexpectedly good (like Tania and Max in 2011).

Nessie, try to copy your text before you will post it :)

svetik

On the Ice
I agree , that their schedule is tight, but I am not sure about them being under more pressure than before Sochi. Everybody expected them to win at home, they had that burden for 4 years. Tanya said in their interview, they would enjoy their skating . As for OG in 2018 they might take part only in team competition, as long as they stay healthy, it does not matter. It looks like, they have been seen their doctor according to Tanya's instagram, I like one of the comments about skeleton next to Tanya,they say, how Maxim has changed!

Nessie

On the Ice
That's it. You know, I have never paid attention to any athlete, or even champion. For most people becoming Olympic champion is nothing but pure happiness, it is only the thing which makes somebody more important than others athletes. No pressure more, they won everything. And I suppose that for ambitious athlete is not that easy. Staying in sport after winning at the Olympics makes their future much more difficult than before them - Tania and Max aren't the youngest skaters, many pairs without their obligations, just as ambitious, like Stolbova/Klimov - they some great performances last season, although as far as I can see they are just smoothing their elements, without anything new to show, except of maybe triple twist, at least I hope so because I'm not fond of this pair; Sui/Han, the young Chinese pair which I adore, they have higher BV than Tania and Max, they were doing quad twist and thrown quad salchow (they stopped doing it last and last but one season because of Sui Wenjing's epiphysitis), but even without that salchow their BV is still higher, Duhamel/Radford who would surely do everything to win more than bronze and many new pairs who can turn out to be unexpectedly good (like Tania and Max in 2011).

Nessie, try to copy your text before you will post it :)

Yes, LittleLotte 29. Right after I started posting I realized it was safer to copy and paste my text if I took too much time with a post. But recently I thought I could get away without doing that. But it didn’t work, so I am going back to preparing my comments first.

Sui/Han? Whoops. I have never heard of them. Shows how little I know.

Nessie

On the Ice
New picture on Max's Instagram. So, they're still in New Jersey -- I guess I should start caring about the weather again. (Why don't they switch to a hotel in NY if they're seeing the physical therapist there?)

svetik

On the Ice
New picture on Max's Instagram. So, they're still in New Jersey -- I guess I should start caring about the weather again. (Why don't they switch to a hotel in NY if they're seeing the physical therapist there?)

yes, but they are flying to Moscow today. Maxim has got a photo of young girl, Tanya is her godmother.

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
Sui/Han? Whoops. I have never heard of them. Shows how little I know.

Oh, don't worry :* Sui Wenjing and Han Cong are very young Chinese pair - she's will be 19 and he - 22 soon. Looking at the "age standards" of skating pairs is not very much. Even more, Ksenia Stolbova is considered to be really young and she's 3 years older than Wenjing. On the junior level they won every competition they took part in, except of JGP Austria 2010, when they lost - by the way - with Stolbova/Klimov. Wenjing was landing quad thrown salchow at the age of sixteen (although I don't remember a single competition when it was absolutely clean). They gave up doing it because of her epiphysitis (she even fell down on the ice after their FS in London), but they are still doing quad twist. The first pair to do two quads in one competition. Their coaches are Yao Bin, the "guru" of figure skating in China and Zhao Hongbo, olympic champion 2010 (in skating pairs, of course, with his partner Shen Xue). Last seasons I hoped so much that they will change the choreographer at last, and I think they did - they switched Marina Zoueva, whose programs were a little bit unrefined ("Historia de un amor"), cliche ("La Strada") or unrefined and cliche ("Kalinka"). Now their programs will be probably choreographed by David Wilson - his not my favourite choreographer, but undoubtedly better in skating pairs than Zoueva. Zhao Hongbo is very optimistic about their future and he even said, that it is not their best possible form (although they gained about 212 points at 4CC in Taipei, only 6 points less than Stolbova/Klimov at the Olympics).
Oh my, sorry for the off-topic, they are just my second favourite pair and I wish them the best in the future :D I hope we will see them on the podium soon. If you want to see them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4gl3WGieZ0 - their FS at worlds 2012, quad salchow and quad twist, some mistakes, unfortuanately and only 9th place then. But 6th this year :)

Max just posted a pic with the Israeli pair skater, evgeni krasnopolski.
Needless to say I screamed a little. The first Israeli team ever! can't believe they actually KNOW each other.

Sorry, but what is so surprising? I can't see it. I mean, Krasnopolski is skating for years, born in Kiev, then he probably speaks Russian... what is so strange?

svetik

On the Ice
Oh, don't worry :* Sui Wenjing and Han Cong are very young Chinese pair - she's will be 19 and he - 22 soon. Looking at the "age standards" of skating pairs is not very much. Even more, Ksenia Stolbova is considered to be really young and she's 3 years older than Wenjing. On the junior level they won every competition they took part in, except of JGP Austria 2010, when they lost - by the way - with Stolbova/Klimov. Wenjing was landing quad thrown salchow at the age of sixteen (although I don't remember a single competition when it was absolutely clean). They gave up doing it because of her epiphysitis (she even fell down on the ice after their FS in London), but they are still doing quad twist. The first pair to do two quads in one competition. Their coaches are Yao Bin, the "guru" of figure skating in China and Zhao Hongbo, olympic champion 2010 (in skating pairs, of course, with his partner Shen Xue). Last seasons I hoped so much that they will change the choreographer at last, and I think they did - they switched Marina Zoueva, whose programs were a little bit unrefined ("Historia de un amor"), cliche ("La Strada") or unrefined and cliche ("Kalinka"). Now their programs will be probably choreographed by David Wilson - his not my favourite choreographer, but undoubtedly better in skating pairs than Zoueva. Zhao Hongbo is very optimistic about their future and he even said, that it is not their best possible form (although they gained about 212 points at 4CC in Taipei, only 6 points less than Stolbova/Klimov at the Olympics).
Oh my, sorry for the off-topic, they are just my second favourite pair and I wish them the best in the future :D I hope we will see them on the podium soon. If you want to see them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4gl3WGieZ0 - their FS at worlds 2012, quad salchow and quad twist, some mistakes, unfortuanately and only 9th place then. But 6th this year :)

Sorry, but what is so surprising? I can't see it. I mean, Krasnopolski is skating for years, born in Kiev, then he probably speaks Russian... what is so strange?

LittleLotte29, I am not suprised if Krasnopolsky being Maxim's friend, I think , I am still in a stay of shock on news of Brian Joubert going in pair skating! He is going to skate with Katarina Herboldt, I hope, it's not April Fools Day!

kinoriH

Final Flight

it's only natural that they probably know each other, I was just surprised that they call each other friends.

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
I am still in a stay of shock on news of Brian Joubert going in pair skating! He is going to skate with Katarina Herboldt, I hope, it's not April Fools Day!

Yeah, I heard about it,too and I'm VERY surprised. Well, they will definitely be very beautiful pair (he's very hadsome, she's an attractive woman :p)

svetik

On the Ice
Yeah, I heard about it,too and I'm VERY surprised. Well, they will definitely be very beautiful pair (he's very hadsome, she's an attractive woman :p)

I am just shocked, they are both good looking, but there's a very strong competition for pair skaters to get in Russian national team. I think, only V/T, S/K are guaranteed place in the team, so there's only one place has left, so it'll be battle for that place in Russian Nationals. Oleg Vasiliev, Maxim's former coach, are going to train a new couple.