Page 218 of 289 FirstFirst ... 118 168 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 268 ... LastLast
Results 3,256 to 3,270 of 4321

Thread: Volosozhar & Trankov Documentary

Custom Title
    In a 2010 interview, Max said he had waited 5 years to skate with Tanya, so since 2005 I guess. I agree, their story is very sweet. And like R&J without the sad ending, as it took so long for them to be able to get together professionally.

Custom Title
    yes, you're both right. He went through so much. Last weekend I watched an old video with Maria M. -- the one where Maxim stops the performance because his costume sleeve is so tight, he can't lift Maria properly. She is such an ungrateful brat, so sullen and sour. She glares at him as if he's done her a disservice when in fact, he has made sure there could be no accident during a lift. I have to admit that I am thrilled that Max went so far and is so happy, when Oleg V. called him a "loser" and made humiliating remarks about his father. I watched a number of old videos with Maria and I won't go on about it, but what a misery Max has left behind. THank heavens....

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Nessie View Post
    yes, you're both right. He went through so much. Last weekend I watched an old video with Maria M. -- the one where Maxim stops the performance because his costume sleeve is so tight, he can't lift Maria properly. She is such an ungrateful brat, so sullen and sour. She glares at him as if he's done her a disservice when in fact, he has made sure there could be no accident during a lift. I have to admit that I am thrilled that Max went so far and is so happy, when Oleg V. called him a "loser" and made humiliating remarks about his father. I watched a number of old videos with Maria and I won't go on about it, but what a misery Max has left behind. THank heavens....
    do you have a link to that show? I've read about it many times but never actually seen it. Agreed, she's a sour puss. I can't imagine Tanya and Max ever skating with another partner. They really did "break the mold" of pairs skaters.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by JCSKIZZLE View Post
    do you have a link to that show? I've read about it many times but never actually seen it. Agreed, she's a sour puss. I can't imagine Tanya and Max ever skating with another partner. They really did "break the mold" of pairs skaters.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MclI...&feature=share
    Maria's reaction ( or lack of) just makes me

Custom Title
    Preach the one who tweeted this

Gretch ♔ ‏@sofiekaterine 2 maj

I had a dream that I was hangin out with Tatiana Volosozhar and Maxim Trankov and we all spoke Swedish 🙊

Custom Title
    It seems like that girl is Finnish though, half of the population there has Swedish as first language

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by kinoriH View Post
    How is it possible to stop a performance in this way and then continue it! His costume looked completely ridiculous, so cutting it was no big loss. Maria's costume was fine, but the design had nothing in common with that of Max. Also noticed they were both devoid of any expression during the performance. I could hardly reconcile that with Max as he is now. Sad.

Custom Title
    Thanks, KinoriH, for finding that link. I don't know what the rules are for stopping a program but they seemed to have accepted the problem, and let them continue. It's funny, that costume deserved to be cut up into lots of tiny pieces. The worse costume I've ever seen in fact, on anyone, ever. I was wondering how the older man got hold of a pair of scissors so quickly! But through it all, Max behaved like a gentleman (not surprisingly).

Rinkside
    Wow!!! Thanks for that link. I've never seen anyone stop a program in the middle because of costume issues. Thank goodness he did, because you can see when he's showing the head judge his hand it's starting to turn light purple, which is SO dangerous. But Max's facial expression at 10:32.....some things never change

Custom Title
    Thanks, KinoriH, for finding that link. I don't know what the rules are for stopping a program but they seemed to have accepted the problem, and let them continue. It's funny, that costume deserved to be cut up into lots of tiny pieces. The worse costume I've ever seen in fact, on anyone, ever. I was wondering how the older man got hold of a pair of scissors so quickly! But through it all, Max behaved like a gentleman (not surprisingly).
    LOL the costume looked like it would be a Vegas show girl's dream, "girl" being the operative word

Medalist
    I understand that this forum is about Max and Tati, but all of us should respect other skaters (Maria, Aliona etc.) as well. We don't know them personally and most 'accusations' are just based on assumptions. It is understandable that some fans would like to defend their favorite skaters but it should not be done by making comments that degrades other skaters. Every person has their own personalities and so do we. Who are we to judge others so harshly when all of us have flaws? It is unfair to judge others based on their appearances for we do not know what they have been through and their own private lives.

I'm sorry if I offend somebody with this post, but just know that I do it out of love; and as an older person (in age), it is an important lesson to learn in life to respect others even with our words.

Custom Title
    Thank you, SallyTeoh, for adding another voice of reason here. I would also like to think our time and lives are too precious to waste on all of this constant negative energy and discussion. It would be a lot more pleasant to pop in here if everyone took a moment to think about whether their post adds something positive to the day and discussion. What I love about Tanya especially is she always finds something to smile about in life and I'd like to think we can pick up on even a little of that.

For the last time, let's please keep this thread positive.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Arawen View Post
    ...Now he always describes himself as the happiest man on earth thanks to Tanya. OMG I´m almost crying His story is really touching!
    Your description of Maxim is so beautiful Arawen.
    I won't talk about Maria because I don't know her that well, she seems like a way more reserved person and not smiley, the opposite of how we're used to Tanya, but I'll say that at least she could have checked on him to see if he's ok, he was her partner after all. And I once again love the eurosport guys.
    At 4:18 Max showing the lady referee his hand and the lady touching it like she could feel something I totally understand her though. The costumes were a no no, but for some unexplained reason I find Max very handsome in it.

If anyone is interested here's a video from their last show in Russia, it shows a tiny part of their performance and some part of the press conference where Tanya wore glasses. And shockingly she was able to speak lol.
    http://www.skr.su/news/237352

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by annafer View Post

At 4:18 Max showing the lady referee his hand and the lady touching it like she could feel something I totally understand her though. The costumes were a no no, but for some unexplained reason I find Max very handsome in it.
    Haha.... my thoughts exactly.... the way the lady touched Max's hands..... hmm.... I don't know how to phrase this..... "Is it necessary???" Or maybe she is just a loving person and try to encourage him by the gesture???

Nah.... after a second look.... its just to check Max's arms then.... But annafer, your comment is still funny.... she could feel something?

Custom Title
    The rules for stopping a program are saying that the skater must approach the judges and explain what the problem is. After that the judges decide if they can continue from when they stoppd. They almost never let skaters start their profram from the beginning.
    max's instincs were right. What I love about him is that he truly cares about the health/saftey of his partners. He almost never puts them at risk.
    and his expressions in the K&c... i can't even.

Page 218 of 289 FirstFirst ... 118 168 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 268 ... LastLast