Tatiana Volosozhar & Maxim Trankov | Page 233 | Golden Skate

Tatiana Volosozhar & Maxim Trankov

saray

Rinkside
I know, Tanya and Maxim are Zenith ambassadors. Can anybody translate, what it says here http://www.arcinfo.ch/fr/regions/mo...or-en-visite-au-locle-chez-zenith-558-1416194, please?
max and tati visited monday Zenith manufacturer at Le Locle and they met with young skaters from a club. they are new ambassadors of Zenith. after visiting the atelier they signed autogrphs for skaters. the rusian pair got engaged recently and their goal is to skate at the next olympics. they are training 5-6 hours a day, they started skating at age 4. max's advice for young skaters is 'work, more work and never give up'. at the atelier they discovered the varius stages of manufacturing and El Primero movement and max will tell this story to his friends. tati was impressed by the details and the operations behind the watch glass.

svetik

On the Ice
max and tati visited monday Zenith manufacturer at Le Locle and they met with young skaters from a club. they are new ambassadors of Zenith. after visiting the atelier they signed autogrphs for skaters. the rusian pair got engaged recently and their goal is to skate at the next olympics. they are training 5-6 hours a day, they started skating at age 4. max's advice for young skaters is 'work, more work and never give up'. at the atelier they discovered the varius stages of manufacturing and El Primero movement and max will tell this story to his friends. tati was impressed by the details and the operations behind the watch glass.

thank you, saray.

chloevclem

Rinkside
It's going to be hard to wait until next season to see new competitive programs from them but I think that they've made the right decision. S/K have made the right decision in skipping worlds this year as well. I can't wait for the showdown that we are going to see next season. I'm already purchasing my all-event package for Worlds 2016!!

kinoriH

Final Flight
It's going to be hard to wait until next season to see new competitive programs from them but I think that they've made the right decision. S/K have made the right decision in skipping worlds this year as well. I can't wait for the showdown that we are going to see next season. I'm already purchasing my all-event package for Worlds 2016!!

my thougts exactly. CAN'T WAIT anymore till next season. let's hope all the good ice dance teams will come back as well. :)

Nessie

On the Ice
About a week ago, when you announced in these pages that Tanya and Maxim were engaged, I was so moved that morning I couldn’t even write anything. Their relationship is so tender, their love story is so beautiful, that along with being elated, I actually thought I was going to cry at their happiness. How often does one see two people endowed with physical beauty, who are gifted athletes and even aestheticians, become so close, and together make a perfect whole? He cherishes her so much and she realizes what a rare bird she has caught. It just leaves me speechless.

I’ve watched “So Many Stars” a number of times. I love the song – I’m sure that’s where Max got the nickname “My Star” for Tanya. And she looks so fabulous in that greenish dress. Any choreography, I suppose, has to be restrained in a small rink but for the most part, it was lovely – subtle and low-key. Though when Tanya wraps herself around Max’s leg, I thought that didn’t work and looked clumsy. It must be so difficult to create new moves. If you recall that exquisite, dual arabesque shape that Kavaguti & Smirnov had in their program at the Europeans – that was breathtaking. And when Kavaguti pretended to faint. Wow!! I’ve never seen that before. I hope V&T will develop some memorable moves soon. I assume skaters look at what other skaters are doing. Even though they are ice-dancers, Papadakis and Cizeron also had some dynamite choreography. And their music (Mozart) was perfection.

I absolutely agree that V&T should tread carefully and not jump into competitions too soon. And besides not being in peak shape, I suspect they might want to plan their wedding without the additional pressure of performing???? I am looking forward to Tanya’s choice of a wedding dress. At least I hope she won’t look like as if she is wearing a satin tablecloth as Angelina Jolie did! Good heavens, how could that woman have chosen such a dull and ordinary dress?

Back to the engagement: I thought Max’s choice of a ring was remarkably good taste. No huge muffin-sized diamond -- just a band (looked like Bulgari maybe).

I’m not the only one on this site who has mentioned obsession. I must admit I still adore V & T but I try to keep my admiration at a reasonable level.

chloevclem

Rinkside
About a week ago, when you announced in these pages that Tanya and Maxim were engaged, I was so moved that morning I couldn’t even write anything. Their relationship is so tender, their love story is so beautiful, that along with being elated, I actually thought I was going to cry at their happiness. How often does one see two people endowed with physical beauty, who are gifted athletes and even aestheticians, become so close, and together make a perfect whole? He cherishes her so much and she realizes what a rare bird she has caught. It just leaves me speechless.

I’ve watched “So Many Stars” a number of times. I love the song – I’m sure that’s where Max got the nickname “My Star” for Tanya. And she looks so fabulous in that greenish dress. Any choreography, I suppose, has to be restrained in a small rink but for the most part, it was lovely – subtle and low-key. Though when Tanya wraps herself around Max’s leg, I thought that didn’t work and looked clumsy. It must be so difficult to create new moves. If you recall that exquisite, dual arabesque shape that Kavaguti & Smirnov had in their program at the Europeans – that was breathtaking. And when Kavaguti pretended to faint. Wow!! I’ve never seen that before. I hope V&T will develop some memorable moves soon. I assume skaters look at what other skaters are doing. Even though they are ice-dancers, Papadakis and Cizeron also had some dynamite choreography. And their music (Mozart) was perfection.

I absolutely agree that V&T should tread carefully and not jump into competitions too soon. And besides not being in peak shape, I suspect they might want to plan their wedding without the additional pressure of performing???? I am looking forward to Tanya’s choice of a wedding dress. At least I hope she won’t look like as if she is wearing a satin tablecloth as Angelina Jolie did! Good heavens, how could that woman have chosen such a dull and ordinary dress?

Back to the engagement: I thought Max’s choice of a ring was remarkably good taste. No huge muffin-sized diamond -- just a band (looked like Bulgari maybe).

I’m not the only one on this site who has mentioned obsession. I must admit I still adore V & T but I try to keep my admiration at a reasonable level.

Thanks Nessie!! I always enjoy hearing your insights! I'm going away to college in the fall so I hope that I am able to put my admiration at "reasonable level" by then. I fear that I'm becoming too infatuated with them

svetik

On the Ice

Yes, Nessie, you are right about engagement ring, it's Bulgari. Somebody said on one of the Russian forums, they saw it in the jewellery's shop, it's really beautiful, but very expensive. Maxim said, that he didn't know about size, but he was preparing to propose to Tanya. Today Tanya has given him a present , a bracelet, as Russian people are celebrating Day of defenders of motherland. Maxim has put a photo of it on his Instagram saying that it's a present from his beloved http://websta.me/n/xam_trankov

kinoriH

Final Flight
Yes, Nessie, you are right about engagement ring, it's Bulgari. Somebody said on one of the Russian forums, they saw it in the jewellery's shop, it's really beautiful, but very expensive.

look at the prices.. and these are what you buy online so it's supposed to be cheaper... :shocked: :jaw: http://www.ebay.com/bhp/bvlgari-ring
this one is very similiar to what she has and it costs almost $1000! http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bvlgari-18-Kt-Gold-Ring-Size-56-/111601687385

Nessie- I actually hope she doesn't go for a big, fancy wedding dress. she has a natual beauty and a small body type which I think is perfect for simple flowing fabric. ;)

Last edited:

Nessie

On the Ice
look at the prices.. Nessie- I actually hope she doesn't go for a big, fancy wedding dress. she has a natual beauty and a small body type which I think is perfect for simple flowing fabric. ;)

Oh, I have no doubt that Tanya will pick something that suits her tiny, perfect frame. Often the most elegant choice is in fact simplicity. But simplicity doesn’t have to be boring. The problem with Jolie’s dress was that it was uninspired – and dated. Looked like a bad example of a dress from 1952. I trust Tanya – she’s naturally elegant anyway and I imagine she will choose something sophisticated and classy.

mhelliknee

Rinkside
I can't imagine caring about what someone else wears to their own wedding.

Thanks for posting all the AoI links. There's supposed to be a show airing in Switzerland soon and I hope someone manages to record/upload it. It would be nice to see the show in high-definition.

AnaBM

Rinkside
I don't know if anyone has already posted this, but here's the video of the Zenith event where they skated.
Also it seems they'll be part of The Snow King cast as the Prince and Princess (correct me if I'm wrong) just for a couple of shows, and will also be at Fantasy on Ice! :cheer: