Tatiana Volosozhar & Maxim Trankov | Page 290 | Golden Skate

Tatiana Volosozhar & Maxim Trankov

TatiMax

On the Ice
I haven't had a chance to watch Sui/Han yet, but by all accounts their lead is well deserved. I'd be much happier with them getting the gold than D/R, tbh. :p

I saw the draw and V/T are skating last tomorrow. That could work to their advantage. It definitely seems to be the trend that they come back even stronger in the free if their short isn't so good. Wishing them the best of luck for tomorrow!

The last pair. Very good :cheer:

monwara

Rinkside
Well being fair there was a huge audience watching them expecting them to be flawless and such, and it was their first worlds in a year. I hardly blame her for being a little bit nervous! They will be the highlight of the Free no doubt if they can pull it off, which I am sure they will- Maxim always says they skate the free program better after all~ I'm so happy they skated pretty clean aside from the two footed landing on the throw, a marvellous show from a marvellous pair! :dance:

Even still, im not... entirely happy with the final results to be quite honest. It's fair Sui/Han are in first they were superb, im happy for em! ....but I have a few issues here and there with everything else below that :laugh:
I could not agree more with your last paragraph 😅

monwara

Rinkside
I haven't had a chance to watch Sui/Han yet, but by all accounts their lead is well deserved. I'd be much happier with them getting the gold than D/R, tbh. :p

I saw the draw and V/T are skating last tomorrow. That could work to their advantage. It definitely seems to be the trend that they come back even stronger in the free if their short isn't so good. Wishing them the best of luck for tomorrow!
You speak right to my heart in all words.
100% agree

Sfey

On the Ice
Does anyone have a link for the press conference video? Apparently all the skaters are being good sports and making jokes, especially Maxim. I like that. :)

TatiMax

On the Ice
Don't have the complete press.
But from teading other sources Max was also surprised by level 3 twist.

Sfey

On the Ice
Don't have the complete press.
But from teading other sources Max was also surprised by level 3 twist.

Well, judging from what I've seen in other threads, the scoring at this event seems a bit strange. Oh well, can't be helped.

Their twist looked just the same as ever to me, but then, I'm not a judge.:scratch2:

andromache

Record Breaker
The Bollywood SP converted me to a V/T fan! It's not perfectly polished yet, but they're just so into the music it's wonderful. So much speed and spark and difficult choreography. I hope they keep it next season.

TatiMax

On the Ice
Max is also saying from the press, they have stronger short than free so winning tomorrow after free is not very possible.
Just do your best as always guys. Let us enjoy a good routine and don't focus on medals. :cheer: :love:

Sfey

On the Ice
https://instagram.com/p/BDrQPlruVfS/

Maxim: thank u for all warm words to us, we'll skate just for u!!

I hope they do just that, skate for each other and the crowd and not worry about placements. :) if they have a good skate they can be proud of, that's the main thing.

bramweld

Record Breaker
I think they just look a bit exhausted. I think the prime goal for them will be the next two seasons. They have a strong FD so if they go clean anything can happen.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Why level 3 twist?

The event is in Boston.

To me their short is so underscored, but hopefully at least M/T they will stay on the podium according to the skating orders (while S/K are basically already out of a podium place and that is a shame)

TatiMax

On the Ice
The event is in Boston.

To me their short is so underscored, but hopefully at least M/T they will stay on the podium according to the skating orders (while S/K are basically already out of a podium place and that is a shame)

S/K can still make their season best if they want to be on podium. They are slowly returning to competition after injury.
Don't worry next year they will be better :hug:

eli60056

On the Ice
I was there today. Tania and Max were greeted with so much love from the audience and at the end had a partial standing ovation. The audience around me (and I was in some random place, did not know anyone around me) was definitely not happy with their scores. The twist was huuuuge (as usual), the side by side jumps-I have not seen better unison today from anyone else. The throw did look off. Everything else was top notch. So they were definitely underscored.

TatiMax

On the Ice
I was there today. Tania and Max were greeted with so much love from the audience and at the end had a partial standing ovation. The audience around me (and I was in some random place, did not know anyone around me) was definitely not happy with their scores. The twist was huuuuge (as usual), the side by side jumps-I have not seen better unison today from anyone else. The throw did look off. Everything else was top notch. So they were definitely underscored.

Hope they do their best tomorrow so even if they get underscored they show what they can do. :cheer:

borzaya

Final Flight
Beautiful performance of Tanya and Max, and definitely underscored. Maybe they looked a bit more cautious than usual, but giving level 3 for the twist is simply outrageous. :no:

Sfey

On the Ice

Wow, you're so lucky to be able to see them live!

Glad to hear the crowd was appreciative, it certainly sounded like they got a big cheer when I watched on TV.

I hope they can put out a strong free skate tomorrow and wow the crowd no matter what scores they get. :)

To come back from serious injury the way they have is extraordinary. I think no matter what the result tomorrow, Max and Tanya can be proud of what they have accomplished.