Cranston named to world hall of fame | Golden Skate

Cranston named to world hall of fame

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I am so thrilled for Toller!!! Well done! Congratulations Toller.

Canadian Press

3/12/2004

OTTAWA (CP) - Six-time Canadian men's figure skating champion Toller Cranston will be inducted into the world figure skating Hall of Fame on March 25 during the world championships in Dortmund, Germany.

Cranston was considered a pioneer of artistry in men's figure skating.

He won an Olympic bronze medal in Innsbruck, Austria, in 1976 and a bronze medal at the 1974 world championship in Munich. He also won gold at the first Skate Canada International in 1973.

The 54-year-old has homes in both Toronto and San Miguel de Allende, Mexico.

Cranston was inducted into Canada's Sports Hall of Fame in 1977 and the Canadian figure skating Hall of Fame in 1997. He was also made an officer of the Order of Canada in 1977.

http://images.tsn.ca/images/stories/20040312/cranston_55659.jpg

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Lad, thanks so much for posting this very good news.

I have always been a fan of Toller's skating, and also of his snarky, but always honest, skating commentary when he was on TV.

Not to mention his books.

He certainly deserves this.

dpp

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
Congratulations to Toller! Well deserved!!

I've always been a fan of his and if I had one skater I would love to meet and talk to it would be him.

I also love his books.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Excellent, excellent....so well deserved. I am so glad that I have several of his performances on video.........42

Lcp88

On the Ice
Yay!! Toller's put up with a lot of bs from people during his skating years and after, so its nice to see him honored like this.
Laura

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
This is great news. And, Midori was inducted along with Toller! I've only seen a few tapes of Cranston skating, but I've always been impressed with his innovative style. He and John Curry are the only male skaters from the 70s that I really care for.

lil lion 816

Rinkside
I am SO happy to see Toller finally receive this honor. It's been a long time coming - even though he didn't win a World or Olympic title, he's had an influence on skating (and men's skating especially) that can't be denied.

berthes ghost

Final Flight
Midori Ito and Jutta Mueller(coach of Witt) were also inducted.

:eek:

Poor Toller. One of the people he seems to hate the most (Jutta, not Midori whom he loves) inducted at the same time. Oh well, I'm sure he's just glad to be recognised with the honor. :love: