Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Thread: Practice Reports

OMG!! It's nearly time!! GO MAO!!
    Please land your jumps!

If Mao lands her jumps, she will win no matter what the other girls do, but if she doesn't...

I believe in MAO! MAO! MAO!

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by rollerblade View Post
    Hope Mao and her camp ignore all these "reporters", log off Twitter and other social media. I think this guy just wanted to rile her up.
    according to Japanese reports she did 2-foot 3 3As but she landed nine perfect ones.

On the Ice

Custom Title
    I assume the dress rehearsals are during the morning of the day of the actual competition? Sotnikova (I think it was her) was shown briefly at the boards in that clip, and she looked to be wearing regular black shirt/pants. Wonder why some go for full dress up and some don't

Does anyone know if all girls have to show up at the start of the SP, or do the ones in the last group show up to the arena later?

Best comeback EVOR! zamboni step's Avatar
    Each and every amazing practice video of Mao is now a dagger in my heart.

One does not simply skate into Sochi MaiKatze's Avatar
    ^So true. I mean it is SO frustrating! She landed that damn axel in the warmup, still. And then the breakdown. But you have to applaud her to still finish her program the way she did. It is just so frustrating when we all know she could be there at the top. Katarina Witt said in the german stream that Mao is artistically one of the greatest on par with Yuna and Carolina and seemed genuinely shocked about what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by hurrah View Post
    OMG!! It's nearly time!! GO MAO!!
    Please land your jumps!

If Mao lands her jumps, she will win no matter what the other girls do, but if she doesn't...

I believe in MAO! MAO! MAO!
    rip.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by zamboni step View Post
    Each and every amazing practice video of Mao is now a dagger in my heart.
    I feel your pain. I recorded the whole event and I probably won't be able to watch it until the weekend because I've got so much work to do but I don't know if my heart will be able to handle it even then. On the one hand, Yuna and Caro OTOH, Mao...

Custom Title
    Any LIVE stream of ladies' final practice out there???

Banned
    Yuna did the dress rehearsal and nailed all her jumps. She never fixed the timing of the arm windmill she does late in the program, it really bothers me because it's such an easy and obvious fix. :(

Custom Title
    Why doesn't anyone ever skate to the theme of Windmills? A poor sad windmill, reminisce the time where it was a workhorse, milling local spices and grains; a little mill mill here, a little grind grind there. Toward the end of the program, in sync with the music crescendo of course, the windmill soars along an epic wind-storm that ravaged the town, only it doesn't realize the tragedy because it was too busy happily flapping around. Flail away!

Best comeback EVOR! zamboni step's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rollerblade View Post
    Why doesn't anyone ever skate to the theme of Windmills? A poor sad windmill, reminisce the time where it was a workhorse, milling local spices and grains; a little mill mill here, a little grind grind there. Toward the end of the program, in sync with the music crescendo of course, the windmill soars along an epic wind-storm that ravaged the town, only it doesn't realize the tragedy because it was too busy happily flapping around. Flail away!

Tripping on the Podium
    Mao's LP dress rehearsal today... (my only consolation is that maybe she'll rock at the comp since she had a messy practice. )

Mao, good luck & you're the best no matter what!!! (No Caro/Yuna or any of the Russian girls will convince me that they're better than you.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bglwq5WPesc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOjJLT3fILM

Quote Originally Posted by nika View Post
    Alexander Lakernik (technical controller) is very sceptical about Yu-Na's practice
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUJbTMDXXcA#t=35
    Quote Originally Posted by nika View Post
    Sorry for my English, it is very bad. I speak Russian, it is my native language.

Lakernik said: "... it doesn't add up to much... besides the skills you need to have nerves and an ability to show it in competition. Let's wait."
    Can other Russian speakers chime in and give us a fuller sense of what Lakernik said? Please!

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16