Practice Reports | Page 12 | Golden Skate

Practice Reports

hurrah

Medalist
OMG!! It's nearly time!! GO MAO!!
Please land your jumps! :bow:

If Mao lands her jumps, she will win no matter what the other girls do, but if she doesn't... :cry:

I believe in MAO! MAO! MAO!

rollerblade

Record Breaker
I assume the dress rehearsals are during the morning of the day of the actual competition? Sotnikova (I think it was her) was shown briefly at the boards in that clip, and she looked to be wearing regular black shirt/pants. Wonder why some go for full dress up and some don't

Does anyone know if all girls have to show up at the start of the SP, or do the ones in the last group show up to the arena later?

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
^So true. I mean it is SO frustrating! She landed that damn axel in the warmup, still. And then the breakdown. But you have to applaud her to still finish her program the way she did. It is just so frustrating when we all know she could be there at the top. Katarina Witt said in the german stream that Mao is artistically one of the greatest on par with Yuna and Carolina and seemed genuinely shocked about what happened.

w_darling

On the Ice
Each and every amazing practice video of Mao is now a dagger in my heart. :cry:

:cry: I feel your pain. I recorded the whole event and I probably won't be able to watch it until the weekend because I've got so much work to do but I don't know if my heart will be able to handle it even then. On the one hand, Yuna and Caro :love: OTOH, Mao... :cry:

Ven

Match Penalty
Yuna did the dress rehearsal and nailed all her jumps. She never fixed the timing of the arm windmill she does late in the program, it really bothers me because it's such an easy and obvious fix. :(

rollerblade

Record Breaker
Why doesn't anyone ever skate to the theme of Windmills? A poor sad windmill, reminisce the time where it was a workhorse, milling local spices and grains; a little mill mill here, a little grind grind there. Toward the end of the program, in sync with the music crescendo of course, the windmill soars along an epic wind-storm that ravaged the town, only it doesn't realize the tragedy because it was too busy happily flapping around. Flail away!

zamboni step

Final Flight
Why doesn't anyone ever skate to the theme of Windmills? A poor sad windmill, reminisce the time where it was a workhorse, milling local spices and grains; a little mill mill here, a little grind grind there. Toward the end of the program, in sync with the music crescendo of course, the windmill soars along an epic wind-storm that ravaged the town, only it doesn't realize the tragedy because it was too busy happily flapping around. Flail away!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

verysmuchso

On the Ice
Alexander Lakernik (technical controller) is very sceptical about Yu-Na's practice :frown:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUJbTMDXXcA#t=35

Sorry for my English, it is very bad. I speak Russian, it is my native language.

Lakernik said: "... it doesn't add up to much... besides the skills you need to have nerves and an ability to show it in competition. Let's wait."
Can other Russian speakers chime in and give us a fuller sense of what Lakernik said? Please!