Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 239

Thread: Practice Reports

  1. #16
    ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Axis of Evil
    Posts
    2,516
    Quote Originally Posted by jace93 View Post
    Yeah there were clear rules... and those rules were stupid!!! how can you send the skater with the highest free skating score?! any italian man would be lucky to pass the short, so at least sen the one with the highest short program score....
    They definitely should have used the total score and not just the free skating score. And using an average score would reflect consistency (something Parkinson clearly lacks) much better.

    Quote Originally Posted by kresslia View Post
    Oh god. Enjoy your gold, Russia.
    I am pretty sure SC will want Chan to do both SP and FS.

  2. #17
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,761
    Quote Originally Posted by NoNameFace View Post

    Brian Joubert arrives at Sochi airport (see here). Feb 3rd

    and I can't help myself but watching Brian's picture...older he becomes the better he looks
    So glad to see his sweet smile in such a relaxed mood. Good luck to Brian at Sochi!

  3. #18
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Istanbul
    Posts
    868

  4. #19
    skating philosopher
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    8,109
    Sounds like Ashley Wagner had a good run-though of her new/old FS (done at 10 p.m. Sochi time):

    NickMcCarvel 10:02am via Twitter for iPhone
    First triple-triple tried by @AshWagner2010 on Olympic (practice) ice: hits it. Smooth and clean #Sochi2014 pic.twitter.com/oAB0MHIlCh

    NickMcCarvel 10:03am via Twitter for iPhone
    Wagner does run through of re-vamped 'Samson and Delilah' free skate and looks fresh. Got off plane just 6 hours ago #Sochi2014

    USFigureSkating 10:01am via Twitter for iPhone
    Solid FS run-through for @AshWagner2010. New/old free skate looks natural, fierce.

    USFigureSkating 9:56am via Twitter for iPhone
    .@AshWagner2010 opens with a triple-triple, music sounds familiar . Impressive with all the travel for her today. pic.twitter.com/FnStumFfcd

  5. #20
    More or less: more is more sequinsgalore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    3,703
    Some more pics, all from February 4th

    Valentina Marchei practice (see here). Will she do the team event?
    Kaetlyn Osmond practice (see here and here)
    Natalia Popova practice (see here)
    Moore-Towers/Moscovitch press conf (see here)
    Lawrence/Swiegers press conf (see here)
    Duhamel/Radford press conf (see here)
    Canadian pairs press conf (see here)
    Reynolds and Chan press conf (see here)
    Kaetlyn Osmond press conf (see here)

  6. #21
    In search of a summer sport to love <3 desertskates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    551
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Sounds like Ashley Wagner had a good run-though of her new/old FS (done at 10 p.m. Sochi time):

    NickMcCarvel 10:02am via Twitter for iPhone
    First triple-triple tried by @AshWagner2010 on Olympic (practice) ice: hits it. Smooth and clean #Sochi2014 pic.twitter.com/oAB0MHIlCh

    NickMcCarvel 10:03am via Twitter for iPhone
    Wagner does run through of re-vamped 'Samson and Delilah' free skate and looks fresh. Got off plane just 6 hours ago #Sochi2014

    USFigureSkating 10:01am via Twitter for iPhone
    Solid FS run-through for @AshWagner2010. New/old free skate looks natural, fierce.

    USFigureSkating 9:56am via Twitter for iPhone
    .@AshWagner2010 opens with a triple-triple, music sounds familiar . Impressive with all the travel for her today. pic.twitter.com/FnStumFfcd
    She must have been in Munich a day or two to rest up or she's a champion plane sleeper. Looked bright eyed and fresh on GMA. on the strong practices. I wish her the best!

  7. #22
    Custom Title FSGMT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    2,767
    Videos from Ladies/Pairs/Dance? :(

  8. #23
    Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    4,469
    Quote Originally Posted by desertskates View Post
    She must have been in Munich a day or two to rest up or she's a champion plane sleeper. Looked bright eyed and fresh on GMA. on the strong practices. I wish her the best!
    Wagner appeared on the Today show on NBC this morning. Did she appear also on GMA on ABC??

    (I'm 99% sure that she had slept at least one night in Munich. On the Today show, she looked and sounded very excited. Also on Today, I thought at one point that Abbott's eyes were welling up -- with the excitement/emotion of returning to the Olympics. Touching in both cases.)

  9. #24
    In search of a summer sport to love <3 desertskates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    551
    Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    Wagner appeared on the Today show on NBC this morning. Did she appear also on GMA on ABC??

    (I'm 99% sure that she had slept at least one night in Munich. On the Today show, she looked and sounded very excited. Also on Today, I thought at one point that Abbott's eyes were welling up -- with the excitement/emotion of returning to the Olympics. Touching in both cases.)
    You're right, it was Today. I don't often watch morning shows and get them mixed up

  10. #25
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    342
    Are there any more videos?

  11. #26
    Custom Title Rachmaninoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    593
    Good to hear about Ashley. I hope she nails her programs, shows everyone why she belongs there, and leaves with some great memories to carry with her.

  12. #27
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,200
    Please don't let her leave it on the practice ice.

  13. #28
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,637
    Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    Thanks for the practice reports, much appreciated. My fingers are crossed that NBC live feed will run smoothly on Thursday.

    Ouch for Kevin.
    Ouch for Canada - regardless of the practice his skate at Canadian nationals was not reassuring. I still think he needs a stylist -his hair is really distracting -and not to be mean but he sort of looks like he got attacked with a machete or a blender in the hands of a mad barber.

  14. #29
    leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,580
    Michelle Kwan with Plushy
    I m thrilled at the idea that I might see Kwan from close!!!

    https://twitter.com/NickMcCarvel/sta...424576/photo/1
    Plush, Machilda and Hanyu on ice

    https://twitter.com/Ewingsports
    Plushenko's jumps as big as ever, just landed a huge quad in practice.
    @LynnRutherford: Plushenko landed strong triple Axel in practice; his run-thru coming up

    @USFigureSkating Almost dizzying to see the jumps landed in this group. 4Ts from Plushenko, 3A-3Ts for both Machida and Hanyu.
    Last edited by seniorita; 02-05-2014 at 05:56 AM.

  15. #30
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,491
    Kwan is there? Oh, I hope we get to see her onscreen a lot.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •