Practice Reports | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Practice Reports

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Some more practice pics from today (aka Feb 5th)

Davis/White (see here). New dress?
Pechalat/Bourzat (see here).
Coomes/Buckland (see here)
Weaver/Poje (see here)
Huang/Zheng (see here)
Virtue/Moir (see here)
Chock/Bates (see here)
Plushenko (see here)
Martinez (see here)
Reynolds (see here)
Plushenko & Mishin (see here)
Hanyu & Machida (fall) (see here)
Chan (see here)
Joubert (see here)
Abbott (see here)

jiggs

On the Ice
Heard Stefania Berton had a hard fall on a lift in practice today. Any news on that? I really hope she is not hurt or in too much pain ... SP is already tomorrow ....

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
I just watched the video, and I hope he's not injured or anything... and can someone who understands Japanese please translate it?

ivy

On the Ice
I just watched the video, and I hope he's not injured or anything... and can someone who understands Japanese please translate it?

I hope he's OK too, but it makes me wonder when is too late to sub skaters for individual comps? If he is injured can Kozuka still skate - or has that ship sailed?

samson

Medalist
Hopefully he's not injured! He did seem to be smiling in the interview after though, so hopefully it was just something that knocked the wind out of him for a second or two.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Too late for the team short program but the way I read the rules Kozuka could skate the long and or the inidvidual but I am sure unless something is broken Machida will skate on - or pull an Flatt or Czisny - because it is the olymics and it may be his only chance.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker

He's smiling in the interview (which I'm guessing was after when he was asked about the fall) so hopefully that's a good sign.

Wonderful sportsmanship from Hanyu coming over to help Machida up and see if he was alright. :clap: As much as I want Chan to get the first ever men's gold, I'll be glad if Hanyu (or Takahashi) wins because he really does represent a model athlete, both as a gutsy competitor and as a nice guy in general.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
if someone is interested - I found a short clip from Davis/White sd practice: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U05dM9zSP6s

new dress from Davis...I'm not sure it's the best choice, according to music (My Fair Lady) it is a suitable dress but in my opinion it doesn't suit Meryl at all...Than old-fashioned style and old-fashioned hairdo make her much much older and ensure me in my opinion that their sd is kind of genetric and too stiff and serious for quickstep/finnstep/foxtrot music. For me that kind of sd (with these rhythmes) should be funny, light, charming and with lots of personality and no so-strictly-ballroom...

Also, I think that light pink is not Meryl's colour - she looks so pale in it, she should choose something blue-ish, turquoise, deep violet (her Die Fledermaus dress would be much better) and that conservative hairstyle...I know they're suppose to do strictly ballroom routine and an elegant hairdo is rather required but I think she looks much older and serious...Generally I wish they did something more funny and creative for sd like in 2008/2009 when charleston was an OD rhythm - they had one of the best ODs, well-balanced between tech issues and performance charms, now for me there is a tech content but music and choreography are not so good choices

FSGMT

Record Breaker
if someone is interested - I found a short clip from Davis/White sd practice: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U05dM9zSP6s

new dress from Davis...I'm not sure it's the best choice, according to music (My Fair Lady) it is a suitable dress but in my opinion it doesn't suit Meryl at all...Than old-fashioned style and old-fashioned hairdo make her much much older and ensure me in my opinion that their sd is kind of genetric and too stiff and serious for quickstep/finnstep/foxtrot music. For me that kind of sd (with these rhythmes) should be funny, light, charming and with lots of personality and no so-strictly-ballroom...

Also, I think that light pink is not Meryl's colour - she looks so pale in it, she should choose something blue-ish, turquoise, deep violet (her Die Fledermaus dress would be much better) and that conservative hairstyle...I know they're suppose to do strictly ballroom routine and an elegant hairdo is rather required but I think she looks much older and serious...Generally I wish they did something more funny and creative for sd like in 2008/2009 when charleston was an OD rhythm - they had one of the best ODs, well-balanced between tech issues and performance charms, now for me there is a tech content but music and choreography are not so good choices
This new dress doesn't really work me, too :slink: