Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 239

Thread: Practice Reports

  1. #46
    Custom Title Snoopy15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    143
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGbIJSKEls8

    What happened to Tatsuki exactly?

  2. #47
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    429
    I just watched the video, and I hope he's not injured or anything... and can someone who understands Japanese please translate it?

  3. #48
    Custom Title Gigi13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    247
    I hope Tatsuki is not injured

  4. #49
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    410
    Quote Originally Posted by invisiblespiral View Post
    I just watched the video, and I hope he's not injured or anything... and can someone who understands Japanese please translate it?
    I hope he's OK too, but it makes me wonder when is too late to sub skaters for individual comps? If he is injured can Kozuka still skate - or has that ship sailed?

  5. #50
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    881
    Hopefully he's not injured! He did seem to be smiling in the interview after though, so hopefully it was just something that knocked the wind out of him for a second or two.

  6. #51
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,969
    Too late for the team short program but the way I read the rules Kozuka could skate the long and or the inidvidual but I am sure unless something is broken Machida will skate on - or pull an Flatt or Czisny - because it is the olymics and it may be his only chance.

  7. #52
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,327
    bad omen-----Plush is gloveless

  8. #53
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    5,285
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy15 View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGbIJSKEls8

    What happened to Tatsuki exactly?
    He's smiling in the interview (which I'm guessing was after when he was asked about the fall) so hopefully that's a good sign.

    Wonderful sportsmanship from Hanyu coming over to help Machida up and see if he was alright. As much as I want Chan to get the first ever men's gold, I'll be glad if Hanyu (or Takahashi) wins because he really does represent a model athlete, both as a gutsy competitor and as a nice guy in general.

  9. #54
    Custom Title cinnamon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    343
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy15 View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGbIJSKEls8

    What happened to Tatsuki exactly?
    He said he hit his right knee very badly and for that moment he couldn't move his leg. BUT there is no problem.

  10. #55
    leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,580
    Report from yesterday practice and Plushy with Kwan on camera

  11. #56
    pushing the boudaries in dance and in live
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    273
    if someone is interested - I found a short clip from Davis/White sd practice: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U05dM9zSP6s

    new dress from Davis...I'm not sure it's the best choice, according to music (My Fair Lady) it is a suitable dress but in my opinion it doesn't suit Meryl at all...Than old-fashioned style and old-fashioned hairdo make her much much older and ensure me in my opinion that their sd is kind of genetric and too stiff and serious for quickstep/finnstep/foxtrot music. For me that kind of sd (with these rhythmes) should be funny, light, charming and with lots of personality and no so-strictly-ballroom...

    Also, I think that light pink is not Meryl's colour - she looks so pale in it, she should choose something blue-ish, turquoise, deep violet (her Die Fledermaus dress would be much better) and that conservative hairstyle...I know they're suppose to do strictly ballroom routine and an elegant hairdo is rather required but I think she looks much older and serious...Generally I wish they did something more funny and creative for sd like in 2008/2009 when charleston was an OD rhythm - they had one of the best ODs, well-balanced between tech issues and performance charms, now for me there is a tech content but music and choreography are not so good choices

  12. #57
    Custom Title FSGMT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    2,963
    Quote Originally Posted by NoNameFace View Post
    if someone is interested - I found a short clip from Davis/White sd practice: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U05dM9zSP6s

    new dress from Davis...I'm not sure it's the best choice, according to music (My Fair Lady) it is a suitable dress but in my opinion it doesn't suit Meryl at all...Than old-fashioned style and old-fashioned hairdo make her much much older and ensure me in my opinion that their sd is kind of genetric and too stiff and serious for quickstep/finnstep/foxtrot music. For me that kind of sd (with these rhythmes) should be funny, light, charming and with lots of personality and no so-strictly-ballroom...

    Also, I think that light pink is not Meryl's colour - she looks so pale in it, she should choose something blue-ish, turquoise, deep violet (her Die Fledermaus dress would be much better) and that conservative hairstyle...I know they're suppose to do strictly ballroom routine and an elegant hairdo is rather required but I think she looks much older and serious...Generally I wish they did something more funny and creative for sd like in 2008/2009 when charleston was an OD rhythm - they had one of the best ODs, well-balanced between tech issues and performance charms, now for me there is a tech content but music and choreography are not so good choices
    This new dress doesn't really work me, too

  13. #58
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    Report from yesterday practice and Plushy with Kwan on camera
    That's pretty cute. You could tell they were excited to get to one another. I think I heard her say "I can't believe you!"

  14. #59
    Custom Title chapis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    México
    Posts
    964

  15. #60
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    357
    The link posted by chapis is from the morning practice, here's a short clip from the afternoon one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jGuBWUw9UQ

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •