Practice Reports | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Practice Reports

hikki

Final Flight
Country
Japan
Sitting w/ @EvanLysacek & @MichelleWKwan watching Mao Asada free run thru. She opened with a gorgeous triple Axel. Evan: "Wow" #Sochi2014

I saw Mao land two other strong triple Axels outside of the run-thru, plus every other jump she tried. Strong practice. #Sochi2014

(Lynn Rutherford's tweet)

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
If Mao looses with a clean performance that would be the most frustrating thing ever!

ranjake

Final Flight
That's pretty cute. You could tell they were excited to get to one another. I think I heard her say "I can't believe you!" :p

Super cute :) Made my morning. He really WAS unbelievable! I was not expecting his performance and am really impressed.

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
Great 3 axel! I would be really happy for her if she landed it well in the competition.

Rachmaninoff

Final Flight
Wow, Mao looks like she's jumping pretty well. Hard to say based on a clip, though, since you don't know what percentage of attempts end up looking like that. But if she hits a couple like that, she's definitely got a better chance for gold than I thought.

LeCygne

Final Flight
Mao :love: Most people are pegging Yuna as the favorite (even heavy favorite) but Mao is such a sentimental favorite for so many people. Perhaps it's better for her to be (somewhat) under the radar without so much pressure and attention on the rivalry. If she just concentrates on her own performance and skates for herself, I think the rest will fall into place.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm worried for Kim because she is not battle tested this season while the other ladies have been going at each other all season. Yes she pulled it off last year but it might be asking to much for her to do it again.

elif

Medalist
eh, i think it looks fine, it's too far away to see anyway

the real tragedy is whatever the high necked pink amish hell meryl decided to wear for the sd, it looks terrible. i loved the purple dress she wore for nats, i hope the first one is just a practice dress

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/gc/46...dgyD/D+nCdBYmBtu6DGbQOPd97950Wgx0P4GcSlFksw==

I liked that dress. Other one looked glossy and cheap. Skirt works better now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U05dM9zSP6s

KKonas

Medalist
eh, i think it looks fine, it's too far away to see anyway

the real tragedy is whatever the high necked pink amish hell meryl decided to wear for the sd, it looks terrible. i loved the purple dress she wore for nats, i hope the first one is just a practice dress

[]

Have you ever seen the movie My Fair Lady? This new pink dress is a close replica of the pink dress Hepburn wore in the movie. Besides few people have Meryl's good taste. For me, this new dress is perfect to complement the music to which they are skating - era wise.

hyperinflation

Match Penalty
Have you ever seen the movie My Fair Lady? This new pink dress is a close replica of the pink dress Hepburn wore in the movie. Besides few people have Meryl's good taste. For me, this new dress is perfect to complement the music to which they are skating - era wise.

yeah i've seen the movie and i know the look they were going for

doesn't make it any less hideous