Practice Reports | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Practice Reports

Barb

Record Breaker
eh, i think it looks fine, it's too far away to see anyway

the real tragedy is whatever the high necked pink amish hell meryl decided to wear for the sd, it looks terrible. i loved the purple dress she wore for nats, i hope the first one is just a practice dress

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/gc/46...dgyD/D+nCdBYmBtu6DGbQOPd97950Wgx0P4GcSlFksw==

:eek:OMG!!!, it is terrible, one of the worst figure skating dresses ever, she looks like a quinceañera in 1980, poor Meryl :cry:

HalfTriple

Match Penalty
Don't worry. Judges may be biased towards Kim, but even they can't attempt to do such an injustice to Mao when the whole world will be watching them with scrutiny. If the scenario you're afraid of happened, it would make the controversy from Salt Lake Olympics a child's play.
Can't resist :p So you are saying they can be biased to Kim while the whole world seems watching? :confused:

Krislite

Medalist
I'm worried for Kim because she is not battle tested this season while the other ladies have been going at each other all season. Yes she pulled it off last year but it might be asking to much for her to do it again.

Yup. She's totally gonna collapse under the pressure. Poor thing has never had the experience of Olympic pressure on her shoulders, much less shown she could handle it.

Elaine

On the Ice
Ashley:yay: It seems all ladies are in good shape. Can't wait to watch them skate! (any news about Julia?)

For Yuna, I wouldn't be worried about her before watching her do practices on Sochi ice. Both repeating her last year routine and repeating OGM winning are very difficult, and even she has to do both. To win she must be in top form and skate brilliantly. We'll see what form Yuna is in when she does actual practices in Sochi.

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
If Gracie skates like this - she'll DEFINITELY get a medal, no doubt here! She's that good:)

hyperinflation

Match Penalty
Yup. She's totally gonna collapse under the pressure. Poor thing has never had the experience of Olympic pressure on her shoulders, much less shown she could handle it.

lol right? why are people acting like she's a prepubescent teenager at her first juniors?

bixby

Final Flight
If Gracie skates like this - she'll DEFINITELY get a medal, no doubt here! She's that good:)

She could really surprise everyone... She has the looks, athleticism, flexibility, power, speed, musicality and presence on the ice.

IN OTHER WORDS SHE HAS IT ALL, ALL THE MAKEUPS OF A BEAUTIFUL CHAMPION! (Just expressing my opinion, no HATERS please).

apple123

On the Ice
She could really surprise everyone... She has the looks, athleticism, flexibility, power, speed, musicality and presence on the ice.

IN OTHER WORDS SHE HAS IT ALL, ALL THE MAKEUPS OF A BEAUTIFUL CHAMPION! (Just expressing my opinion, no HATERS please).

I'll give you the looks, but the other things, not so much, especially musicality. She looks like wooden doll on ice.

CarneAsada

Medalist
The landings look hooked. Less than usual and these are probably the best 3axels I've ever seen her perform but still.
I just watched them on 0.25x speed (HTML5 Youtube, can't do it with Flash player). The first one seemed to have a slight hook (significantly less than 1/4 though), but the second one had almost none at all. These really are some of the best we've ever seen her land (definitely the best this entire quad); hopefully she can show them in the real competition.

FS_rrb

On the Ice
The landings look hooked. Less than usual and these are probably the best 3axels I've ever seen her perform but still.

I just watched them on 0.25x speed (HTML5 Youtube, can't do it with Flash player). The first one seemed to have a slight hook (significantly less than 1/4 though), but the second one had almost none at all. These really are some of the best we've ever seen her land (definitely the best this entire quad); hopefully she can show them in the real competition.

I've watched them in slow-mo too and yes, they are almost perfect in terms of rotation. We all have a tendency to scrutinise Mao's triple axels but I'm sure that those were more rotated that some of the men's who have a more noticeable prerotation before the take-off. Maybe not as powerful and with less distance but when she's on they are definitely not as underotated (compared to other triple axels) as some people think.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
^You forgot Kanako. I think she is a musical, powerful, speedy, flexible and very beautiful skater.

I don't get how people can doubt Yuna. She has always been spot on when it counts. I hope for Mao to go clean, because that is the only thing that would bring a bit of excitement into the ladies gold competition. And I hope that Mao will at least be able to win the short without having a 10 point margin, that she can never make up in the long.

zamboni step

Final Flight
Looks: Mao, Carolina, Ashley, Zijun, Yuna, Gracie, Julia, Kaetlyn
Flexibility: Julia, Mao, Zijun
Power: Adelina, Yuna, Méité, Gracie
Speed: Carolina, Yuna, Adelina, Gracie
Musicality: Akiko, Carolina, Mao, Kaetlyn
Presence on the ice: Carolina, Mao, Yuna

I'd add Kanako to all but flexibility and Adelina to looks and flexibility. Akiko also deserves to be on presence on ice, more so than the others in my opinion. She is joy incarnate when she's on.

zamboni step

Final Flight

The first one looked a little swingy on the landing but the control at the end was impressive and the second one was flawless, also her 3F that was shown on the video looked lovely too. I really hope her practice is mainly like that because she has learned how to translate good practices into good skates now.

YunaBliss

On the Ice
Looks: Mao, Carolina, Ashley, Zijun, Kanako, Yuna, Gracie, Julia, Kaetlyn
Flexibility: Julia, Mao, Zijun
Power: Adelina, Yuna, Méité, Gracie
Speed: Carolina, Yuna, Adelina, Gracie
Musicality: Akiko, Carolina, Mao, Kaetlyn
Presence on the ice: Akiko, Carolina, Mao, Yuna
Mental fortitude and Consistency: Julia, Yuna

Replace both Mao and Carolina with Yuna for Musciality and Delete Akiko from Presence on the Ice, then I would be able to live with this list as a fairly impartial list.

zamboni step

Final Flight
Replace Mao with Yuna for Musciality and Delete Akiko from Presence on the Ice, then I would be able to live with this list as a fairly impartial list.

Someone called "YunaBliss" wants to boot Mao for Yu-Na for musicality and Akiko, who radiates exuberance more than anyone, from Presence on the ice.....and calls it impartiality......:eek:

Also Carolina is fairly powerful.