Vegas! | Golden Skate

Vegas!

Rixis

On the Ice
Hi everyone-you may have noticed my absence! (Maybe not.) Well, I was in wonderful and fabulous Las Vegas! I had a marvelous time. Any of you guys been there? If so, where do you stay? We stayed at Mandalay Bay. It's a gorgeous place, really. I'm not old enough to gamble, but there is so much to do in that city that it really doesn't make that big of a difference. Every single meal we had was at a buffet. I feel disgusting. I'm not going to eat for a month :p

equestrianguy

On the Ice
I love Vegas as well!!!! I have been twice in the last five years and I am going again for vacation this May.. I stayed at the Vegas Hilton last time just because I am a HUGE Star Trek fan!! This year I am staying at the Flamingo.. Rather be right on the strip! I have been hooked on the Cirque Du Soleil shows the last few years to last time I was in Vegas I saw Mystere and "O".. Im going back this year to see the new show Zumanity.. Also, the last time i was in Vegas I saw the Blue Man Group, Rita Rudner, and La Cage shows.. I guess I wont ever get to see Sigfred and Roy now!? lol.. Anyway, LOVE Vegas! It is a good quick trip getaway for anyone at any age....................Peace

Kasey

Medalist
UGH! Being a Reno-ite, I have a rival's dislike for Vegas! But I have to go down there next month for a symposium for work...SIGH...

Kasey

CB1AB2

Medalist
I'VE BEEN TWICE IN THE PAST 4 YEARS. MY MOM AND I TRAVEL TOGETHER AND WE WENT TO VEGAS THEN ON A CARNIVAL CRUISE THEN BACK TO VEGAS AND AGAIN ON A CRUISE.

WE STAYED BOTH TIMES AT THE FLAMINGO. YOU ARE RIGHT IN THE CENTER OF THE STRIP AND IT IS GREAT. THE THING ABOUT VEGAS IS THAT NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES YOU GO THERE IT IS LIKE THE FIRST TIME BECAUSE IT IS ALWAYS CHANGING. MY SISTERS BROTHER-IN-LAW SAID THEY EVEN MADE CHANGES TO THE FLAMINGO SINCE I WAS THERE.

WE DID GET TO SEE S&R AND THE SHOW THEY PUT ON WAS UNBELIEVABLE. I'M REALLY GLAD WE SAW THEM. WE ALSO SAW MYSTERE AND THAT TOO WAS AWESOME. ALL IN ALL I WOULD TELL ANY ONE GO AT LEAST ONCE,

I BETTER STOP OR I'LL NEVER GET OFF THE COMPUTER TONIGHT.

CB

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Hey, glad you had fun. We were there last summer and stayed at the Luxor, but spent a lot of time at Mandalay. We also took a side trip to Hoover Dam.........great fun...42

Yazmeen

On the Ice
Ice Skating Institute has its annual conference every other year in Vegas, (with other cities during the even numbered years) and last year we were at MGM Grand. Didn't expect to like the hotel, but I ended up LOVING it. Service was great, as were the restaurants, and I could eat like a little piggy and still stay in shape as it was quite a walk to the convention center!! :laugh: We saw "O," "Mystere" (second time for me) and "La Femme," the revue at MGM, which was great. We also saw George Carlin. I can't wait until next year's convention--they haven't announced the hotel yet. Hubby hasn't gone with me yet, so I hope to take him next year. I love Vegas!!! :D

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Rixis:

Lucky you!!! Yes, I was there a couple of springs ago!!! I stayed at the Luxor, right next to the Mandalay Bay. It was beautiful. I wandered through the Manadalay Bay! Pretty spectacular. I would love to stay there someday.

I hope to go back to Vegas again. I don't gamble either, but never dreamed it would be such a great place to visit!

heyang

Record Breaker
I enjoy Vegas, too - I think I've been there 3 times now. I've stayed at MGM, Luxor (twice) and Bally's. I enjoyed Bally's most with regards to location - mid strip and across from the beautiful Bellagio fountains. Also priced right since one doesn't spend a lot of time in the hotel room. The last time at Luxor, we spent a lot of time at Mandalay Bay, too. I'd like to stay at the Venetian someday.

cianni

On the Ice
Vegas

Hi to all who enjoyed Vegas I lived there for 18 yrs. Just moved back East 4 yrs. ago. Quite a shock as things are so different here. It is a fun town yet a few blocks off the strip its just like here. Just a normal town. Glad you had a good time I loved it there.