The Last Group of Skaters - Men | Golden Skate

The Last Group of Skaters - Men

So much close talent this year, but only SIX will skate the last group, and that's the group that gets all the attention.

So who's going to make the lineup in the last group? You don't have to list them in order. It's difficult enough to just pick out the six.

Joe

Here's my pick for the last group of six to skate in the Senior Men. 2004. (not exactly in order).

Plushenko
Joubert
Li
Klimkin
Lambiel
Weir (more heart than head)

And there are so many more left out of the top 6: Sandhu, Weiss, Griazev, Savoi.

Not easy at all.

Joe

nymkfan51

Medalist
I think the men are harder to pick Joe. Your choices are as good as any, except that I think probably Weiss will be in the top six somewhere. I don't expect much more than that from him though.
It's such a crapshoot IMO, but like you ... my heart is saying Johnny Weir ... but my head is a little fuzzy about it. :laugh:

Ximena

Final Flight
The ones I think will make the last group and this has been really hard to pick for sure

Evgeni Plushenko
Ilia Klimkin
Brian Joubert
Emmanuel Sandhu
Chenjiang Li
Stephane Lambiel

Kasey

Medalist
Hmmmm....

Plushenko, Joubert, Klimkin, Weiss, Weir (IF he has a quad), Dambier (if no quad for Weir), and probably Li

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Plushenko
Joubert
Klimkin
Weiss
Chenjiang Li
Dambier

Lambiel, Sandhu, Weir and van der Perren to fill out the top 10.

Last edited:

Tove

On the Ice
it's almost impossible....since the unexpected sometimes happens...not according to plan...and no one would expected Sergei to be there last year:love:

icenut84

Final Flight
I think the final 6 will be (not in order):

Plushenko
Joubert
Klimkin
Sandhu
Li
Weiss (maybe) or Lambiel (hopefully!!!)

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
This is so hard! This is my sort of dream list, assuming some people skate badly and others have the skate of their lives...

Plush
Joubert
Savoie
The Murve
Kevin Van Der Perren (if he gets his 3A back, it could happen!)
Li - he was great last year at Worlds, even though he had to follow Plush

Would love to see Sergei back in there, but I think he's been injured this year. I like Johnny, too, but his first worlds? Hmmm.

Laura :)

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
Okay, this is what I expect to see:

Plushenko
Li
Joubert
Sandhu
Weiss
Klimkin

This would be my wish (and in this order!):
Plushenko
Sandhu
Klimkin
Joubert
Weir
Savoie

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Plushenko
Joubert
Klimkim
Li
Sandhu

Number 6 cannot tell. Hope Weir or Lambiel Doubt Weiss unless he can land a quad or two or everyone else manages not to.

Tove

On the Ice
PrincessLeppard said:
This is so hard! This is my sort of dream list, assuming some people skate badly and others have the skate of their lives...

The Murve

that would be so cool....but he didn't at all look in good shape at euros, so lets hope for some serious over-night transformationLOL

Kevin Van Der Perren (if he gets his 3A back, it could happen!)

think to do so, he needs some magic sparkle dust from 3A fairy...since he also seemed to struggle so bad with it even at practice in Budapest...but I'd love to see it happen!

Would love to see Sergei back in there, but I think he's been injured this year. Laura :)

true, but he looked very good at Euros, except from the free skating....practices compared to his prac at Cup of Russia was very much uplifting....so...I'm praying that knee/ancle story is now gone...*sigh

Tove

On the Ice
hm...managed to quote inside your quote....eeekkkk...forgive me for that!

Matt

On the Ice
Hmm...

Plushenko
Joubert
Klimkin
Sandhu
Weiss (I don't know how he manages to get there year after year, but..)
Li

On deck would be: Weir, Dambier, Lambiel, and Davydov, probably in that order

I'm praying for some spoilers, though...please, oh please, God, VDP is having a great year.....
:laugh:

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
In men´s last group:

Plushenko
Klimkin
Griazev
Weiss
Joubert
Sandhu

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
Tove said:
true, but he looked very good at Euros, except from the free skating....practices compared to his prac at Cup of Russia was very much uplifting....so...I'm praying that knee/ancle story is now gone...*sigh

I am so GLAD Sergei has been looking better in practices. I've admired his skating since I saw him at Bofrost 2002 (he should've been above Mikey), and was sooo thrilled when he made the top six at Worlds. (Again, he should've been above Mikey...)

And I am depressed that the Murve didn't look so good. I don't think Zhulin should coach men's singles, Alexander Abt and now the Murve both took turns for the worse after switching to him. :cry:

Laura :)

Tove

On the Ice
don't know what's with Vaxo...or if it has to do with Zhulin...but he didn't have the same joy in his performances at Euros, as usual, and that worried me a bit...he wasn't smiling!:confused:

hope he'll soon be back to his old self!